Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblefearfect
Re: Christianity and "salvation" [Re: JCoke]
    #3908074 - 03/12/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

//edit this wasnt meant for your "show me a verse" this was for a previous post about god's transformation

straight from the book of joshua

Jos 6:1 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
Jos 6:2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
Jos 6:3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
Jos 6:16 And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.
Jos 6:17 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
Jos 6:19 But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.
Jos 6:24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.

in the NT, god preaches pacifism. to love your neighbor

terrible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Christianity and "salvation" [Re: fearfect]
    #3908076 - 03/12/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
How can you go around picking out the points of different religions that you like and casting away the parts you don't like?

Quote:

They come in packages and you either have to accept all of it or none of it. You can't say "Well I think this part is true, but screw the rest of it".

Who says so? Let's say a guy says he likes to recycle and keep clean the environment, yet also enjoys massacurring whole families on his weekend and decides to write an article about what he likes. If the environmental part is good and the murderring part is bad, do you not disguard the murder and take home with you the environmentalism? Can one not agree with the environmentalism and disagree with the murder? What is wrong with doing that?

I can see alot wrong with accepting the whole; accepting murder when you simply want the environmentalism.

Quote:

What are you basing your decisions on?

Love

Quote:

The only ones who can make claims like this and set the standards are the people who actually (claim) to experience divine intervention. otherwise you have no grounds to decide what is true.

If I told you who I was, you might not believe me. The only Person who sets standards for you is yourself. One can only aid annother to evaluate or realize, but it is the latter who must realize.

I must ask, who sets these bounderies that only people labelled prophets can prophecy, that you have to accept the whole book if you like one phrase? I must also question if they really make sence.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Christianity and "salvation" [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3908084 - 03/12/05 04:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

God is just as angry towards sin in the NT as he is in old..

God is just as loving in OT to those who love as he is through Jesus and his teachings..

you act like Jesus never talked about hell for those who sin, and you act like God never talked about love and peace for those who do Good, i fail to see your argument about God being angry in the old and loving in the new...

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3908090 - 03/12/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"How do you go about finding which parts are true?

Through Philosophy based on Love, my friend

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3908096 - 03/12/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:

God is just as loving in OT to those who love as he is through Jesus and his teachings..

you act like Jesus never talked about hell for those who sin, and you act like God never talked about love and peace for those who do Good, i fail to see your argument about God being angry in the old and loving in the new...

1) Go read them over with
2) Read the Kolbrin as well (another version of the bible between the old and the new)
3) Read several different denominations of christians books
4) Come back and tell me the "truth"

Edit:
Also don't forget the inclusive area of god's change from one ethnicity to hoping on the bandwagon so that god's body (the church) can accept money from everyone, and to further help you combat your sin.

Exactly why does a God want my money, or why as in fearfect's references of verses does god want the gold? ... Hrmmm, all powerful being wanting gold to be claimed in his name... Oh, yeah, nevermind, what was I thinking, no outside form of manipulation whatsoever. /gives god some more money

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/12/05 04:24 PM)

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Christianity and "salvation" [Re: MAGnum]
    #3908098 - 03/12/05 04:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:

Is that a new way not to directly answer a question?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3908102 - 03/12/05 04:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

MAGnum said:
Quote:

fearfect said:
have you ever read the bible?  In the old testament god kills THOUSANDS of people at a time just because he wants their land.

Tell me you think this is ok.

Absolutely not OK.  Joshua broke the ten commandments Moses gave the Hebrew people by going to war.  Moses's Commandment not to kill was killed.  Honestly, think critically about who wrote the Bible.  Don't you think Joshua could have been hearing a demon instead of God?  What if he never heard God at all?  Could Joshua have used God to insight people to war?  What if tehre were differant God's that joshua referred to as God?  God doesn't kill.  People kill you and a Spirit can also kill, although it is not very common.

The one true God is Love.  The Bible is a lump of info and the truth must be refined from it.

The Lump of Coal that Santa gives you if you've been naughty is the same thing. Just have to find a use for it.  :whatever:

A heap of coal would be an excellant gift to someone who is cold.  Again I say, do not let religion and the world man has created ruin God for you.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblefearfect
    #3908108 - 03/12/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how do you base what you believe on an emotion? If it makes you feel good does that make it true?

I may differ from you greatly in my understanding of how things work, but from what i have found is that believing something to be true, does not make it true. if you have had no divine intervention, then everything that you believe in involving god stems from either someone else's divine intervention, or something that you have just made up because it suits your needs.

Who is to say that god is really all about love? Why could god not be all about hate? Why could he not in actuality enjoy slaughtering people?

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3908112 - 03/12/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Serial killers "LOVE" to kill!!

God is Love.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3908115 - 03/12/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
//edit this wasnt meant for your "show me a verse" this was for a previous post about god's transformation

Jos 6:1 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
Jos 6:2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
Jos 6:3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
Jos 6:16 And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.
Jos 6:17 And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
Jos 6:19 But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.
Jos 6:24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.

terrible

again, the world changes, people change, the times change..

it's a modern way of thinking to see war and death as entirely bad, but really it's just a part of life, Jesus taught on a more personnal level, how you should treat each other, we all die, does it matter if God gives us a quick death by sword ot a long slow cancerouis death??

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3908118 - 03/12/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

MAGnum said:
Quote:

fearfect said:
have you ever read the bible?  In the old testament god kills THOUSANDS of people at a time just because he wants their land.

Tell me you think this is ok.

Absolutely not OK.  Joshua broke the ten commandments Moses gave the Hebrew people by going to war.  Moses's Commandment not to kill was killed.  Honestly, think critically about who wrote the Bible.  Don't you think Joshua could have been hearing a demon instead of God?  What if he never heard God at all?  Could Joshua have used God to insight people to war?  What if tehre were differant God's that joshua referred to as God?  God doesn't kill.  People kill you and a Spirit can also kill, although it is not very common.

The one true God is Love.  The Bible is a lump of info and the truth must be refined from it.

The Lump of Coal that Santa gives you if you've been naughty is the same thing. Just have to find a use for it.  :whatever:

A heap of coal would be an excellant gift to someone who is cold.  Again I say, do not let religion and the world man has created ruin God for you.

You missed the point.

If I want to play around with a crossword puzzle... I will, If I want a riddle... I'll seek one. If I want a belief system about how I'm to live my life... I don't expect to have to decipher it, nor to have others decipher it for me.

Imagine as far as you say our whole legal system was implemented in that manner... "Mysterious ways" indeed.

Sorry... I don't need an external force to pep me up. I liken myself to the way a football team works.. in conjunction... and god is a chearleader. I've got enough "spirit" in me, and a belief in god won't help  :laugh:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3908135 - 03/12/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

JCoke said:

2) Read the Kolbrin as well (another version of the bible between the old and the new)

Edit:
Also don't forget the inclusive area of god's change from one ethnicity to hoping on the bandwagon so that god's body (the church) can accept money from everyone, and to further help you combat your sin.

Exactly why does a God want my money, or why as in fearfect's references of verses does god want the gold? ... Hrmmm, all powerful being wanting gold to be claimed in his name... Oh, yeah, nevermind, what was I thinking, no outside form of manipulation whatsoever. /gives god some more money

i want you to tell me where the diffrent God is and where he comes in, i've read the bible enough aswhell as the apocrypha, i still don't see it, and you still have'nt proven it..

Jesus and his disciples were homeless and poor, he taught alot about hating money, i think you have a problem with church and not God..

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3908138 - 03/12/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

fearfect said:

terrible

it's a modern way of thinking to see war and death as entirely bad, but really it's just a part of life, Jesus taught on a more personnal level, how you should treat each other, we all die, does it matter if God gives us a quick death by sword ot a long slow cancerouis death??

Yes it does... especially if I choose not to believe in him. More so, you are constantly contradicting yourself by deviating from your bible.

Which version are you choosing btw?

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3908141 - 03/12/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
my question remains though. If you discredit parts of the bible because someone may have been hearing a demon instead of god, how can you know when someone is speaking the word of god rather than some demons word?

I only say it because I know how demons operate.

Quote:

If the bible isn't completely true, how do you know that god is love?

God has to be love because to Love is to will into exsistance and that is what God does.

Quote:

How do you know God doesn't kill, did he tell you this, or is this simply what you want to believe?

It is simply true. God is not invisable, you know. God is right there with us the whole time as exsistance itself. Plus, the words of one of the greatest prophets ever, Jesus, says "no one is good except for my father"

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblefearfect
    #3908142 - 03/12/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"again, the world changes, people change, the times change..

it's a modern way of thinking to see war and death as entirely bad, but really it's just a part of life, Jesus taught on a more personnal level, how you should treat each other, we all die, does it matter if God gives us a quick death by sword ot a long slow cancerouis death?? "

Why then should we treat others as jesus taught in life when we are all going to die? If death is merely a fact of life, are you suggesting that I could go and end someone's life and it would be by god's hand and i should face no repercussions?

Invisiblefearfect
    #3908151 - 03/12/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"God has to be love because to Love is to will into exsistance and that is what God does."

please tell me what this means.

"It is simply true."

WHY?! says who???? Jesus?? By your own logic, how do you know that Jesus was not a demon???

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#3908155 - 03/12/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

fearfect said:

terrible

Yes it does... especially if I choose not to believe in him. More so, you are constantly contradicting yourself by deviating from your bible.

i countradicted myself? how so?

honestly, the bible i use is all the ones here
biblegateway

i use all of them, don't got one of my own..

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3908156 - 03/12/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

MAGnum said:

Is that a new way not to directly answer a question?

It answers it directly, I am not going to type up my whole philosophy, however. I have alot of it on my website which is the first URL lke under my sig.

--------------------
Agent 727

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3908171 - 03/12/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

JCoke said:

Edit:

i want you to tell me where the diffrent God is and where he comes in, i've read the bible enough aswhell as the apocrypha, i still don't see it, and you still have'nt proven it..

Jesus and his disciples were homeless and poor, he taught alot about hating money, i think you have a problem with church and not God..

Church + God = religion... I have no problem with either. I do however have issues with people being so stuck in their views and not being open minded. BTW... this all comes down to whether Jesus did in fact exist... which of course... I hate to admit... requires FAITH, as nothing of a scientific nature correlates his existance.

So I ask you, as a man of FAITH (or a women, don't know your gender) to have faith in those links I provided... and have FAITH in objective analysis, as I've nothing to gain by suggesting that god is a control mechanism by the people. I'll be demonized, called a sinner, ridiculed, etc.... those that keep you in your train of thought will gain $, prominance, more supporters, more power, more influence, etc...

I've got a problem with people refuting evidence with me, when I've provided plenty of info which suggests their belief is a fallacy.

Feel free to keep it if it serves you. Their are so many different forms of Christianity, and for one to assert a higher truth of one verses another... is rather backasswards, as they all do that. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, only their is no needle :lol:.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3908199 - 03/12/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

fearfect said:

terrible

i countradicted myself? how so?

honestly, the bible i use is all the ones here
biblegateway

i use all of them, don't got one of my own..

By espousing your belief which is rigid in it's form, yet speaking of the changing influences of life. Don't forget, the bible has changed... a "couple" times throughout history... don't need to take my word on it... but those that helped scribe, and translate express the fact that they were changing it.

Now, If a politician told me he was lying to me to my face, and even wrote a book about it... Then asked me to trust him and give my vote in confidence... Do you believe that I would? (Hint: no way in fuckin' hell I would)

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom