Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Reincarnation and Christianity [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3445706 - 12/04/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Beliefs in the Christ and beliefs in reincarnation are not mutually exclusive. People who are stuck on the idea of ONE life ONE chance live in FEAR of death. Fear is a great motivator, it makes it a lot easier to manipulate those who have yet to find their own way, and to justify murder, death, kill in the name of God.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Reincarnation and Christianity [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3445762 - 12/04/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

While it may be true that many Christian leaders are in the game of manipulation. The fact is that people who have no concept of living a selfless life are also incapable of understanding what fear is.

My reason to live a Christan life has nothing to do with fearing death or God judgment. It all has to do with Love and the rewards of living a Godly life. The rewards of self denial are far greater than living a life of Selfish fulfillment.

It is through the life of self denial that I get my desires. I have many worldly things, many expensive things. But I have over that past 20 years have given far more than I have received. But yet I have received rewards far greater than the world can offer. The knowledge that I carry is a gift form God and it is not part of my own understanding of such things. I could have never gained the thing I have by myself. NO WAY

This is off topic. I didn't mean to do that.

I am still studying Reincarnation in the bible and I am finding things I was not aware of before. But as of yet I still do see it as fact of what Jesus taught. Still reading................

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: Reincarnation and Christianity [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3446644 - 12/04/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I like what you said here f'nuckle, and I don't think it is really that "off topic". Truly living in God, in a loving relationship with him AND his creation, abiding in his ways are more fufilling than any amount of material possesions or physical gratifications (this isn't to say that you shouldn't enjoy yourself, but just not living solely for the purpose of self/ego gratification).

Jesus said that he was the son of god, and he did great things, but he also called us his brothers and sisters. We share with him the kingdom of the father.

As I understand it, we are made in the image of god, with the same creative potential, the same capacity to love, and the same power. It is our lesson in life to learn how to best apply our power, whether it be for the single self, or the collective. I have found that working for the interests of ALL is much more rewarding than working for the one. I have also found that in knowing my true self I naturally desire to act for my highest good, and in doing so serve the other manifestations of my true self.

St. Francis said it best I believe...

"Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled ...as to console,
to be understood..as to understand,
to be loved...as to love.
For it is in giving that we recieve,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying...that we are born to eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ."

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Reincarnation and Christianity [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3446673 - 12/04/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You know even if I thought that God was not real. The ways of God are in fact the best values to live by. Far greatest works of Man have been done using the Ways of God.

Noticed I did not say " In the name of God " that is very different.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder