|Home | Mushroom Info | Growing Mushrooms | Archive | General Cultivation | Contamination|
Learn how to prevent, recognize, and cope with contamination.
Documents:Sort: [Name] [Rating] [Date] [Reset]
- How do I tell contamination from healthy mycelium?
Most contaminants look very different than mushroom mycelium.
- What is a contaminant?
The contaminants are so named solely because they are undesired.
- My mushroom caps turned brown-violet over night, are they contaminated?
When the cap opens, spores are released from the gills of a mushroom.
- Proper hand washing procedure
Hand washing is the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection.
- The stems of my mushrooms are bluish-greenish. Is it contamination?
Sometimes, we all get confused with bruised mycelium or green mold.
- Mummy desease
Peter Flegg Investigates: A mushroom mystery – Mummy This article is reprinted from the August edition of The Mushroom Journal, the journal of the MGA.
- Dealing with Mushroom Flies
‘Mushroom Flies’ Damn!