Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineherbs97
God's love savedme
Loc: Arizona
The struggle to rediscover
    #497909 - 12/21/01 01:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I could make this a 30 minute read with all I'd like to say, but I'll do my best to distill and extract the essence of my recent experience into a decent amount of space. I am not a writer so bear with me. I have a question I'd like to talk about with you. Firstly, I have a love of the sacred mushroom and am a young (21y.o) devout Christian. Some of my family are active Episcopal clergy and also very active readers of scripture. They condemn my use of mushrooms and see it as a block to my growth spiritually. Because I've found the sacred mushroom to be boundless in it's many spiritual provisions and a true food for the soul and spirit I've been told by many that they are simply a stumbling block, for true faith is not substance dependent. With that stated as a pretense it makes sense that I've found the use of mushrooms to, at times, conflict with my upbringing and the beliefs of family, and of course peers. I use my mushrooms for spiritual purposes only every couple of months or so as a supplemental communion with God. I also partake in the symbolic manifestation at church every Sunday. I find those of you who waste these beautiful gifts of God as a party drug just to trip to be an insult to the human intellect, spirit, and heart. And if you sell them you are a fool. And for whatever reason my family sees MY ingestion of them in the same kind of manner. And now that I've invested time in reading several works by Gordon Wasson and others, I feel compelled to get everyeone who can be reached, interested in a piece of evidence that points to the actuality of fungus as at least the origin of our awaredness of God. I truly feel, think, believe, whatever..that I've been blessed with a greater knowledge then they. My world has basically said I'm full of shit. So anybody wanna share their thoughts. I'm a very talented musician and am praying for strength to teach the world with my music about this truth. For now, I'm playing in a rock group who's name I will not disclose. I believe by understanding, translating, and researching language we can discover the changes words full of religious significance have undergone through linguistic evolution. The piece that hits me the hardest and has been driving me crazy: Where does the word manna come from? What does the mesopatamian translation mean? Mushroom. How come my faith has told me that manna is simply unleavened bread? HOW THE HECK HAS THE EVOLUTION OF LANGUAGE LOST THE MEANING OF SO MANY FUNDAMENTAL THINGS? Manna is a fundamental piece of scriptual language that isaddressed over in over in The Bible and is completely integral to the Christian Life. So damn it....this post isn't going anywhere..I jhust wanna know if there is anyone here who believes in the power and goodness of them like me..and any ideas how to reveal these things through music without being a martyr? Perhaps there isn't a way and if things are gonna change I need to speak clearly, bluntly, and sing about all of these things over and over to people at least listen.

--------------------
Bless all and everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: herbs97]
    #497943 - 12/21/01 02:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

"I find those of you who waste these beautiful gifts of God as a party drug just to trip to be an insult to the human intellect, spirit, and heart."

Perhaps you buy into the christian thing to much and it has rubbed off it judgemental qualities onto you but what is wrong for using these drugs to have a good time? If it wasn't for recreational use of psychedelics I would have never descovered them. Many of my first trips were just to get "fucked up" untill I got into higher doses that made me step back and question them. I look at it like this mushrooms are just a drug a mind altering substance like anything else and it's up to the user to decide how it is used. If someone can use it responsibly to have a good time then more power to them.

"And if you sell them you are a fool."
Whats wrong with people selling them? How do you expect others to partake in the "sacrement" do you expect everyone to be able to have the time and resources to grow their own?

About your mushrooms and the bible theory who knows but I wouldn't consider the bible very acurate anyways.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineAxiom420
ADDICT

Loc: in the forest, behind the...
    #497971 - 12/21/01 02:59 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, I can sympathize. I'm almost 24, the first man in the family for generations on both sides to not be a presbyterian minister. I have been given the liberty in Christ to eat mushrooms, smoke weed, etc. but a part ofthat is that I don't make my weaker brothers stumble on the path (i.e. I keep it to myself). I'm an artist vocationally and avocationally and feel, as you do, the need to spread enlightenment through my forms of expression. The best thing I can tell you is to keep learning. Don't take for granted that you arn't taking things for granted. Question your questioning. Just because a book or some one else's words sound convincing and give you the answers you may or may not have been looking for does not mean that it is true. Get educated and understand yourself and you will then have the power to share the light. Don't beat people over the head with your views. Remember, not everyone is ready to be spiritually awakened and not everyone will be.

Manna, the name given by the Israelites to the miraculous food furnished them during their wanderings in the desert. When they saw it lying on the ground "they said one to another, what is it? for they knew not what it was" (Exod. 16:15). The most important passages in the Old Testament on this topic are the following: Exod. 16:14-36; Num. 11:7-9; Deut. 8:3, 16: Josh. 5:12; Psa. 78:24, 25; Wisd. 16:20, 21. From these passages we learn that the manna came every moring, except the Sabbath, in the form of a small round seed resembling the hoar frost; that it must be gathered early, before the sun became so hot as to melt it; that it must be gathered every day, except the Sabbath; that the attempt to lay aside for a succeeding day, except on the day immediately preceding the Sabbath, failed by the substance becoming wormy and offensive; that it was prepared for food by grinding and baking; that its taste was like fresh oil, and like wafers made with honey, equally agreeable to all palates; that the whole nation subsisted upon it for forty years; that it suddenly ceased when they first got the new corn of the land of Canaan; and that it was always regarded as a miraculous gift from God, and not as a produck of nature.

The author of the Epistle to the Hebrews (9:4) includes a "golden pot that had manna" among the contents of the ark of the covenant for a memorial. It was a constant tradition of the jews that the ark, the tables of stone, Aaron's rod, the holy anointing oil, and the pot of manna were hidden by Josiah when Jerusalem was taken by the Chaldeans; and that these shall be restored in the days of the messiah.

Figuratively, manna is the emblem and symbol of immortality; "I will give him to eat of the hidden mann" (Rev. 2:17; comp. John 6:3, sq.).

--------------------
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #498500 - 12/22/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I to use shrooms to conect some how with God, I take it only twice a year and I consider them sacred, but I have to say that in the proces I do have fun with them in those moments when you are liberated from the chains of your personality and when I see my true self only lafter comes out.
I use to be a catholic christian and I don't belive in most of what the bible says with its stories and fary tales,but I do understan for the first time what Christ was trying to explain us about universal love and I do belive he as a man transended the normal state of being.
I belive religon is good up to a point but after you have to abandon it or you will stagnet your mind.
As you probably experince with the moshrooms, the universe is so incredebly amazing and multy dimensionaly that no religion can explain it you have to live it (Thats when I see the true marking of God) .
Good luck.

--------------------

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: LOBO]
    #499331 - 12/23/01 12:43 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I belive religon is good up to a point but after you have to abandon it or you will stagnet your mind.
"As you probably experince with the moshrooms, the universe is so incredebly amazing and multy dimensionaly that no religion can explain it you have to live it (Thats when I see the true marking of God) . "
Which is why the lessons shrooms can teach you are far deeper then any religous teaching can take you. Its because you have to ingest the shrooms or "live" them and theres no way out, you have to live the whole trip out till the end usually. So its not like you can twist what its teaching you to fit your preferance you have to face it.

"We have infinite possibilities of existence"
Just like you said trips have infinite possibilities and everyone is a little bit different. Kind of like life.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (12/23/01 12:46 PM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #499347 - 12/23/01 01:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

What i have learned in my 17 years of being on this earth is. 1. Friends are power. 2. Money is power 3. Knowledge is power. Having, selling, and ding mushrooms covers most of those ;]

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: tak]
    #499363 - 12/23/01 01:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Money's power is purely illusory, friends hold influence but don't control, knowledge is indeed power, but all everything has to do is wake up and remember, then, everything would have an equal "power" share. Of course this is a view in opinion, possibly temporary, but likely mostly permanent.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineArchDruid
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #499375 - 12/23/01 02:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I completely agree with you man. Im ridiculed daily by the same type of people. I was raised catholic.
What people of the christian faith refuse to understand is that ALL religions were relised through the use of some sort of sacrament. The bible itself mentions mushrooms often, it was just lost to us in the modern king james version. I forget where I read it but a minister did research on the very subject and came to the conclusion that alot of the words they use for sacraments litteraly translated are actually refering to mushrooms(amanitas i believe). I'll try to find where I read it and post it, it's been a while.
Above all else, where does it say in the bible that it's WRONG to use mushrooms, or Marajuana for that matter.
As long as you keep the comandments and do not deny the holly spirit, there should be no-one to doubt your going to heaven. The ones who ridicule you and judge you are the ones who are risking hell fire "judge not lest ye be judged".
Interesting side note I also read that this minister had proved moses's burning bush was Marajuana!
The only reason that modern christian based religions do not believe this today is because of the papacy(by the way I have absolute biblical proof that the papacy is the anti-christ), they changed alot of scripture when king james was translating it, they kept out alot of books, hell they even changed the day of worship. Did you ever really think why you worship on sunday instead of saturday, its because of them.
It would make sence that manna would be mushrooms. I mean the wondered for forty years in an area smaller than the size of Los Angelas. Thousands of people unable to find there way in that small of an area, surviving on manna alone, must be something psychoactive!
Anyways hope this helped, fight the good fight brother.
I hope you can change others too, but being raised devout you above others realise the fanatism of the judgemental christains.
By the way so as to restrain others from making refrences to my other religious posts, no I am not christian- Im a shaman. Im just helping someone with knowledge that might help.

--------------------
" I have decided to become an example for others, although I have never been one for moderation. I have decided never to eat LSD while asleep, never to refrain while awake, and to never eat less than 10 hits at a time."

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #500871 - 12/25/01 02:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I can feel that you have been in the same place I have been
"infinity"

--------------------

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #500897 - 12/25/01 03:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

"Because I've found the sacred mushroom to be boundless in it's many spiritual provisions and a true food for the soul and spirit I've been told by many that they are simply a stumbling block, for true faith is not substance dependent"

i find all of these exsperaments i have with lsd and shrooms to be just "maps" inside my head. they wont take you all the way. they just show you the way.

i have this manifestation in my head

i started at the top of a mountain.. (ego)
i climbed down slowly... verry slowly...
i took some lsd and started jumping off cliffs
untill i came to a beautiful endless beach.
the beauty and amazement of what i found almost traped me there for all eternity.
untill i dove in.
being torn apart by the harsh waves of "reality"
i fought. and i fought hard. going no were.
i finally gave into the flow of the infinite sea. and learned it took me were i needed to go.
and were it took me was to learning how to swim about in this vastness.
finally i constructed a boat to move around with more ease.

i created multiples of myself. in every aspect of my brain each in charge of a "lighthoues"

so here i am now were i stand.
floating around in this sea of infinite
directing myself's with lighthouse's ive built.
(nueral pathways)

constantly i am being directed towards new lighthouses
to guide me around this choactic fractal.

soon i wish to leave this sea and go up to create a sattelite of myself. connect every light house into one transmission.

yeah.. i know you guys think im nuts. its my flavour of mind.

-monkahh

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

Offlineafterglow17
Stranger
Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: Monkah]
    #501099 - 12/25/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

When I'm tripping on shrooms I feel as if I have sunk back into the natural order of everything that has been corrupted by (what some people might call 'the system') our culture. I feel as if I have completely lost myself, and am a part of everything else. I feel that everything is just a component of this universe, and that the universe itself is an entity. I realize that our physical selves on this plane of existence are merely a shadow of our spirits. I realize that this is the way it has always been, but because of the way we live in this world I often forget it. Shrooms just help to remind me. My mind completely liberated from 'the system' (or whatever) and my ego destroyed I can contemplate the intricacies of the world from an unbiased perspective.

It expands my consciousness, and it's ALOT of fun.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: The struggle to rediscover [Re: Monkah]
    #501439 - 12/26/01 06:32 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

--"Because I've found the sacred mushroom to be boundless in it's many spiritual provisions and a true food for the soul and spirit I've been told by many that they are simply a stumbling block, for true faith is not substance dependent"---

I agree with you shrooms won't change you but I use them to remind my self (when I have fallen a sleep) that the universe is an amazing and fascinating place.
I usually take them twice a year.

I don't think you are nuts, o perhaps you are in that case so am I, because in a strange way I understood you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale