Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Mushroom Riual Vs. Christianity
    #3908598 - 03/12/05 08:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

From a 1959 issue of practical anthropolgy comes this tirade imitation Bible Tract regarding Mushromos use among mazatec indians of oaxaca and their interpretations of Christianity as explained to them by the Wycliff Bible Translating missionairies Euncie Pike and Florence Cowan.

These two ladies were a few of the missionairies living in the Sierra Mazatec rmontane regions of oaxaca, Mexico. It was their c jopb to translate the bible into mazatec, for which there is basically no written language.

Eunice Pike was one of the three people responsible for the mycelial connection of the Wasson's and photographer Alan Richardson to a possible mushroomic cult in Mesoamerica in the early 1950s.

Enjoy

mjshroomer

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushroom Riual Vs. Christianity [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3908613 - 03/12/05 08:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is there anyway you can darken the text a bit? Its challenging to read it.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Mushroom Riual Vs. Christianity [Re: World Spirit]
    #3908729 - 03/12/05 08:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

take it in photoshop, then hit ctrl+shift+u, then hit ctrl+m and darken.  :tongue:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushroom Riual Vs. Christianity [Re: World Spirit]
    #3908872 - 03/12/05 09:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Enter,
If you take your mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the image and left click it, it blows it up so you can read it properly. I ahve no problem when I do that.

most people do not know of that feature.

just left click the mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the text on the page you are looking at. Let me know what you think of that.

mj

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
    #3908884 - 03/12/05 09:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks mj!
clicking the bottom right side worked for me.

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

Edited by JoeChip (03/12/05 09:33 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3909624 - 03/13/05 12:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, I feel like an idiot. It worked.  :smirk:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3912605 - 03/13/05 07:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know what happened, 'cause I responded yesterday. Hmmmm. Anyway, thanks for this publication. I have been working on a way to integrate the Sacred Fungus into a ritual belonging to a rather Gnostic Christian faith in a Eucharistic way. I have long had something of ritual conditions prevailing when we've gone on Entheogenic Excursions.

The Christian Native American Church has a myth wherein Peyote sprang up from drops of Christ's blood, therby connecting the effects with spiritual communion. In a private communication from Dr. Albert Hofmann, he wrote that "the LSD inebriation represents the most comforting truth of thr Gospel." The MesoAmericans hold this belief that the saliva of Christ, healing to the 'blind' as the Gospel account described, caused the Mushroom to spring from the Earth. Indeed, Entheogens opens the spiritual eye of the spiritually blind.

I went from Entheogens to simple Bread and Wine for some years, but it was the Psychedelic Sacraments that opened my eye ['I'] to Christ in the first place, so back again to the origins of my faith. Unfortunately, a high diastolic blood pressure has put this practice on hold til it comes down to where it belongs.

I was thinking of obtaining this Alchemy Gothic goblet which displays a common translation of the beginning of the Alchemical creed 'The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trimegistus' - "AS ABOVE, SO BELOW."

The Tablet requires explanation to make any sense, but it is a symbolic statement of the Great Work of Transformation that so many spiritually oriented Entheogenic Enthusiasts are all about. It is THE symbolic statement of the Western Hermetic philosophical tradition - the traditions of Alchemy, Gnosticism and Kabbalism that are the esoteric (inner) meanings of our Western religious traditions. Judaism, Christianity and Islam speak in stories, in metaphors, in myths. The Hermetic Tradition offers models along with methods for the direct experience of the Truths expressed exoterically (outwardly) in religious traditions.

Any questions, comments or complaints about yet another attempt to synthesize Psychedelics with Sacraments? Leary never ritualized Psychedelics himself, yet he spoke of them as Sacraments. This is an attempt at manifesting his philosophy.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/13/05 08:15 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology