Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: The Role of Mushrooms today (Posted Jan. 11, 2002) [Re: capslock]
    #521684 - 01/15/02 08:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it was simply a thought of mine... and if you go to dictionary.com like you advised me, you'll find the same definition for parasite that i pasted above (although i will admit i chose the definition that worked best for my argument).  i know we can't consider ourselves parasites in a technical sence, but hey... i was just offering up some of my thoughts for ya'll to ponder.  and like yourself, i don't particularly worship either :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Role of Mushrooms today (Posted Jan. 11, 2002) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #523185 - 01/17/02 04:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: The Role of Mushrooms today (Posted Jan. 11, 2002) [Re: World Spirit]
    #523207 - 01/17/02 05:38 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Aldous Huxley referred to psychedelics as a "gratuitous grace." That is, the most profound experiences are neither necessary, or sufficient by themselves to be 'salvific' (causing salvation), yet they can be extemely Illuminating of the Sacred. Salvation indicated a process wherein one is 'rescued' from identification with the 'world,' with the '10,000 things' as the Taoists call it. The very best elaboration of the Sacred is probably to be found in Mircea Eliade's book 'The Sacred and the Profane.'

It is only by way of the Sacred, the Transcendental, that meaning enters into the human experience. For many, meaning is transformed down through natural universals like becoming a parent. Love and responsibility for a new life imparts meaning to one's life. For philosophers, a more direct contact with the transcendental may be sought. The finding and experience of the Sacred is a life-changing event. Purpose is recognized, a goal is envisioned, and the Great Work for making one's vision a constant reality becomes a lifestyle. As 'BE HERE NOW' puts it..."All your acts will be consecrated." Every mind-moment, every act and thought is significant. Therefore, simplify them, be totally aware of them, and be transformed in the process. High awareness = compassion. It is in this way that psychedelics can aid in the movement of a person from the profane to the sacred. Holiness is wholeness, not mere piety, prudery or puritanical prissiness. Those who have experienced even a moment of this holiness/wholeness on a trip will know what I am referring to. The task is to expand that moment to one's whole life. Psychedelics taught me this long ago. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Role of Mushrooms today (Posted Jan. 11, 2002) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #523211 - 01/17/02 06:02 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (01/17/02 06:09 AM)

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #523315 - 01/17/02 07:46 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My opinion is everything is here by design but shrooms are no more special than anything else.

As I said earlier, anything I set apart is sacred "to me".

I've meditated holding a cup of water and then drank the water as a sacrement. It provided the results I wanted... (or expected)...

Everything is here for a reason... and discovering its sacredness is up to all of us and what we do with it.

Don't mean to sound "smug" (Fred) but I really do believe I have the edge on bacteria and other life forms. The universe revovles around me (and all people) because what I'm talking about is "my perception".

.....Tannis

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #523591 - 01/17/02 03:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

> Another thing I'd like to ask everyone here:
> "Is anything sacred or dear to you?" It seems these
> two things go hand in hand

yes, but only certain other humans and events dealing with them.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #524191 - 01/18/02 05:32 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Expanded consciousness, widened to include both unconscious and superconscious states of mind, gives me a 'higher' (more inclusive) perspective. That perspective can be directed to all the 'givens,' the 'cards I've dealt' in my life. You know how they say that your whole life passes before you when you die? Well, a near-death experience or a psychedelic experience that provides a certain degree of ego-death also shows you a panorama of one's life. God is the Divine Dealer of those cards, and whether working by a process such as karma ('you reap what you sow'), or by a less mechanistic, more 'personal' interaction, it is abundantly clear to me that God is AT LEAST Personal, but Transpersonal in the main.

Certainly, God is not impersonal - less than personal. We have (as human Microcosm) impersonal, personal and transpersonal aspects, our Creator is certainly not less than we are. Many Westerners misread Buddhist literature talking of the Void, Sunyata, Clear Light, etc. as an impersonal Ultimate Reality. That language corresponds to the 'cataphatic' mysticism of the West (versus the 'apophatic' which posits attributes like Light) which denies and defies any description of attributes. In the Kabbala, one has Ain Soph Aur - the Limitless Light; then Ain Soph - the Limitless; and lastly - Ain - for which no description is possible. That is the Godhead beyond the personal God-with-attributes. So, do I 'visualize' God in a form? No. All I can Know (as in Gnosis), are the phenomenological givens of my life, with a strong sense of having everything given to ME by my Creator/Redeemer. The 'forms' of cathedrals of Light, kaleidescopes, etc. add to my emotion of awe that accompanies the Realization of God as author of it all. Hope this helps answer you questions. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (01/18/02 10:20 PM)

OfflineMycoangelo
Re: The Role of Mushrooms today (Posted Jan. 11, 2002) [Re: capslock]
    #524920 - 01/18/02 07:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you're going to call the earth a living organism, can I call Mycelium the earths neural network?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order