Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | 1295 | 1296 | 1297 | 1298 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27744026 -

Adas said:
Hmmm I let my Bunnell spawn sit for 2 weeks or so, and after putting it to bulk there is ZERO activity after 2 days. It's fucked.




I know, it's one of those things that can but doesn't have to be true. My guess is that letting fully colonized jars sit for some time isn't
causing a lack in performance or failure on it's own but other things are playing a role as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Sagescruffy] * 1
    #27744043 -

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Baba Yaga said:
@ Hindsight. Looking good. What substrate have you used in this one?




Straw (EDIT: Shredded Hemp, not straw), Verm, Manure. I forget which ratio I used though but it's usually around 2:2:1. I was playing around with ratios and being scientific about it for a while but didn't really seem to notice any big obvious patterns as to what ratios perform better or worse. Within the range I was using, it seemed fairly even.

Sagescruffy said:
Awesome Bisporus canopy! Have you sampled any yet?



I haven't. Of all the things I have grown, I have not yet sampled Bispos or Nats. I will be trying bispos next trip for sure though.

Edited by Hindsight (04/21/22 05:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 5
    #27744510 -

Hi!

new creatures come to the collection. First flush of Peace River:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mico Zapotec]
    #27744633 -

ekabpils said:
Hi!

new creatures come to the collection. First flush of Peace River:





Very nice shrooms!
What substrate have you used in this one?
Did you have a trip?
I would like to eat them fresh :laugh:

Edited by Bra (04/21/22 03:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mico Zapotec]
    #27744665 -

ekabpils said:
Hi!

new creatures come to the collection. First flush of Peace River:





Nice flush! I can’t tell if it’s the camera lens or what but those look like the tallest pans I have ever seen. They look 10” tall at least in that photo.

Changing the subject: @Baba correction to my previous answer to your question on substrate. I just remembered it was actually shredded hemp, verm and manure. V.L. had mentioned using hemp and this was my first attempt at it. I guess this proves it works eh? More expensive than straw but for very small volume growers like me it’s not a factor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27744682 -

Hindsight, very nice shrooms. I love your grows and would like to grow something similar  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Bra] * 1
    #27744851 -

Bra said:
ekabpils said:
Hi!

new creatures come to the collection. First flush of Peace River:


Very nice shrooms!
What substrate have you used in this one?
Did you have a trip?
I would like to eat them fresh :laugh:





Most of them 13-15 cm but few ones 17.
Going to try them fresh in the coming days. But previously I was really impressed by Brooksville

Substrate is quite common manure/coir/straw/ - 50/25/25. But the proportion all the time a little bit different. Approximately

Edited by Mico Zapotec (04/21/22 09:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Bra]
    #27744853 -

I've got two shoe boxes inside a mono tub that are fruiting but they keep stalling. I read that if they get too wet they will stall. I have a cool mist keeping the Rh at 95 percent. How do I avoid this? Please help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Unicorncaca] * 1
    #27744910 -

Unicorncaca said:
I've got two shoe boxes inside a mono tub that are fruiting but they keep stalling. I read that if they get too wet they will stall. I have a cool mist keeping the Rh at 95 percent. How do I avoid this? Please help!



Too wet or too dry can cause a stall, yes, but there could be other causes too (such as too much or not enough FAE and also contamination). But on the subject of moisture: I advise not going by RH. Go by surface conditions and appearance of caps. I find I can usually go by surface conditions alone because when those are right, caps are always good too. The surface should never be dry, it should be plenty damp to the touch, but it should not have any water pooling or beginning to pool. You can go a little drier or damper than what I outlined above and get away with it, but the further away you get, the worse your results will be. Another way to describe ideal surface conditions is: You just applied a moist casing layer and then misted it with water until JUST before it looks like the casing won't hold any more water and the water will start to pool.

Because of the changing needs of moisture during the growth cycle, changes in temperature, changes in ambient humidity in your room, picking an RH target and holding it just doesn't work in my experience. It is much better to use cycles on a repeat cycle timer. Mist, Pause, Mist, Pause. Or Mist, Vent, Pause, Mist, Vent, Pause, etc.

Having said all that, people get great results with JCMs which, by design, will probably output a specific humidity level which generally isn't directly set and targeted, but is instead influenced by the water heater temp, the amount of air being pushed through the air stones, the size of the tub, and the room RH/Temp conditions. But still, if you are using a JCM and your setup is making conditions too wet or too dry, you'd need to make adjustments to the design or settings in order to get it wetter or dryer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight]
    #27744920 -

Hindsight said:
Unicorncaca said:
I've got two shoe boxes inside a mono tub that are fruiting but they keep stalling. I read that if they get too wet they will stall. I have a cool mist keeping the Rh at 95 percent. How do I avoid this? Please help!



Too wet or too dry can cause a stall, yes, but there could be other causes too (such as too much or not enough FAE and also contamination). But on the subject of moisture: I advise not going by RH. Go by surface conditions and appearance of caps. I find I can usually go by surface conditions alone because when those are right, caps are always good too. The surface should never be dry, it should be plenty damp to the touch, but it should not have any water pooling or beginning to pool. You can go a little drier or damper than what I outlined above and get away with it, but the further away you get, the worse your results will be. Another way to describe ideal surface conditions is: You just applied a moist casing layer and then misted it with water until JUST before it looks like the casing won't hold any more water and the water will start to pool.

Because of the changing needs of moisture during the growth cycle, changes in temperature, changes in ambient humidity in your room, picking an RH target and holding it just doesn't work in my experience. It is much better to use cycles on a repeat cycle timer. Mist, Pause, Mist, Pause. Or Mist, Vent, Pause, Mist, Vent, Pause, etc.

Having said all that, people get great results with JCMs which, by design, will probably output a specific humidity level which generally isn't directly set and targeted, but is instead influenced by the water heater temp, the amount of air being pushed through the air stones, the size of the tub, and the room RH/Temp conditions. But still, if you are using a JCM and your setup is making conditions too wet or too dry, you'd need to make adjustments to the design or settings in order to get it wetter or dryer.



Thanks a bunch! I will let it dry a little and try what you recommend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27745064 -

Hindsight said:
Changing the subject: @Baba correction to my previous answer to your question on substrate. I just remembered it was actually shredded hemp, verm and manure. V.L. had mentioned using hemp and this was my first attempt at it. I guess this proves it works eh? More expensive than straw but for very small volume growers like me it’s not a factor.



Hindsight it’s probably the most impressive indoor bispos flush I ever seen, congrats! Glad hemp straw worked so well for you, it’s easy to use as no need to cut it smaller, no seeds for pasteurization efficiency and it work for several species (Pan & Psilocybes) for the cost yes it’s a bit more than normal straw mostly if you buy your shredded hemp for animal litter if you find it in gardening section sold as mulch it’s usually cheaper...


--------------------
  Exotics Fanaticus cakes: EF tek

  Micro-Agar transfer tool

If you need some prints (Pans, cubes, tamp, WL…) feel free to PM

Edited by V.L (04/21/22 12:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: V.L]
    #27745131 -

This stuff?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SwabMarley]
    #27745147 -

Correct, that is the stuff! Not the brand I got but it looks similar and I bought it as pet bedding too.

I have two trays of tamps on the same hemp/verm/manure sub and one of the trays is just starting to fruit. I'll try to remember to post the results here even though they aren't pans, just to add some data points to the use of hemp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 4
    #27745176 -

I used this one sold as gardening mulch it’s 70L/8kg and cost probably around 10€

Used it successfully in my little cakes

Will try to make a little write up..

with Pans:
Huasteca 2nd flush
Jambo
Pan cyan BVI (2nd flush)

With cubes:

Rusty Whyte
Ps cubensis var subcubensis Argentina
With exotic:
Psilocybe hispanica
Ps caerulescens
Ps mexicana ‘Rancho Agosto’


--------------------
  Exotics Fanaticus cakes: EF tek

  Micro-Agar transfer tool

If you need some prints (Pans, cubes, tamp, WL…) feel free to PM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight]
    #27745180 -

Sweet, thanks man. I might have to pick some up for round 2 attempting Pans. Very cheap and seems to give decent results judging by what I’ve seen from you two :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: SwabMarley] * 1
    #27745265 -

Here’s better pictures of the Bisporus pins ^__^




They’re so cute! I can’t wait to eat them hehe


--------------------
Love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Sagescruffy] * 3
    #27745273 -

I'm assuming my pan Alabama SSLC is clean


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27745284 -

Your LC is blessed by the Panaeolus Gods 🙏


--------------------
Love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27745317 -

Hey Baba yaga. I expect you know that pan. Cinctulus is the blue Pearl Producer.


I bought it as a spawn bag from a internet shop so i only have this culture. And No i Can get it to fruiting. I have try many different recipes of bulk substrat and different fruiting conditions with No luck.
I have only succeeded to get a few pins on some Mac Merdin pan-cakes. I shut have cloned some. I just think i will let this culture die out. And play with My New stone spices.

My first tamp stone showed up about a week ago. 2 months after i put a shop bought stone clone to agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Sagescruffy]
    #27745318 -

damn thats pretty rad, i thought pans in general didnt pin on agar, and now crackatoa is showing mad fruiting on a jelly LC?


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | 1295 | 1296 | 1297 | 1298 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 293 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,884 1,770 10/06/26 05:23 AM
by maensel
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,762 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,654 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* BOD's Easy AF UnBODified Monotub TEK (No Holes No Polyfil)
( 1 2 3 4 ... 229 230 )
bodhisattaMDiscordReddit 1,500,448 4,598 10/06/26 04:18 AM
by bodhisatta
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,047 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Hawaiian Copelandia Grow Kit - how much more difficult are they? GabrielKnight 8,485 5 01/03/05 04:59 PM
by ticktock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,308,377 topic views. 17 members, 145 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.052 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 18 queries.