Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | 1295 | 1296 | 1297 | | Last >
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: arpeggiator]
    #27741423 -

arpeggiator said:
Hey everyone. This is the first time I'm growing Panaeolus cyanescens. The mycelium have little bumps on them? Is this normal?






Keep an eye on that and don't throw it out yet, it could be pins or sclerotia, they kinda start out looking like that with other species of pans.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mico Zapotec]
    #27741477 -

ekabpils said:
Hi!

This is the first flush of BVI:





Great work! I love BVI.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mr.Giggles]
    #27741586 -

Mr.Giggles said:
arpeggiator said:
Hey everyone. This is the first time I'm growing Panaeolus cyanescens. The mycelium have little bumps on them? Is this normal?






Keep an eye on that and don't throw it out yet, it could be pins or sclerotia, they kinda start out looking like that with other species of pans.



On my Pan Estora I see this on agar and it usually stalls out if im seeing it, but then I just transfer to grain and it grows well.  I dont know what it is but it has not caused any issues in my setup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Timestop413]
    #27742115 -

Hi guys. I pasteurized some straw/manure/verm 2 days ago. Used it but I have 2 jars extra. Is it still ok to use it? Waiting for some pan jambo grain to colonize fully (some 4-5 days more) before I was meaning to use them

How long can pasteurized substrate stay "on hold" before mixing it up with grain? Should I re-pasteurize it after some number of days?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shr00mFer]
    #27742145 -

Letting substrate sit on a shelf for a week is what some people do on purpose to bring the microbe count up. The smell will intensify but
that is nothing to worry about. I kept airtight containers with pasteurized substrate & casing in the fridge for a month and it worked
fine, even when opened to use some and then put back in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shr00mFer]
    #27742146 -

Depending on how you pasteurize, it can best practice to let the thermophilic bacteria recolonize the outer substrate layer over the course of days anyways

(steam partially sterilizes the sub)

If you sous vide, it never goes above 140-180°F and don't have that issue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Snazz]
    #27742291 -

Snazz said:
Depending on how you pasteurize, it can best practice to let the thermophilic bacteria recolonize the outer substrate layer over the course of days anyways

(steam partially sterilizes the sub)

If you sous vide, it never goes above 140-180°F and don't have that issue



Are you saying with the Sous Vide there is no need for the wait?


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27742370 -

Bisporus “pin porn” sort of haha:



--------------------
Love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27742383 -

Crackatoa said:
Snazz said:
Depending on how you pasteurize, it can best practice to let the thermophilic bacteria recolonize the outer substrate layer over the course of days anyways

(steam partially sterilizes the sub)

If you sous vide, it never goes above 140-180°F and don't have that issue



Are you saying with the Sous Vide there is no need for the wait?



Your bath never goes high enough to kill the outer "good bacteria" it just slowly heats everything until the middle reaches the bath temp. No need to recolonize

Steam nukes at high temp until it heats the core to pasteurization temp, so there's partial sterilization and risk of contam if S2B immediately

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Snazz]
    #27742520 -

Awesome, I use a sous and still giving it 5-7 days, and a 10 day consolidation time.


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Mico Zapotec]
    #27742525 -

Could you please explain the humidity system that you have installed in the lower photo? Is it just two lines from an aquarium pump? Airstones installed? Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find it. Also...what is bubble wrap tek and what's the theory behind it?


--------------------
I'm a stranger here myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Snazz]
    #27742988 -

Snazz said:
Depending on how you pasteurize, it can best practice to let the thermophilic bacteria recolonize the outer substrate layer over the course of days anyways

(steam partially sterilizes the sub)

If you sous vide, it never goes above 140-180°F and don't have that issue



Jars (with only substrate) submerged in water almost all the way on the stove. Heated until some temperature, then turn off. It was on 160-175 F for an hour or two. After that jars are put on the shelf. So I am ok to use it in a 3-4 days (7 in total)? Nice. Thank you all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: shr00mFer] * 6
    #27743284 -

Harvested this tray of bispos today:


These are the first fruits I have harvested in over a month I think. For a while, all my cult time went into building my flow hood and that damn thing took over a month to finish and get sorted. I wasn't streaking plates or making spawn during that time so I ended up in a place where everything I had going fruited and I was left with empty shelves and an empty tent. Now I keep finding myself sitting on jars that are 100% consolidated for 1-2 weeks because I don't have time to pasteurize substrate or spawn trays. I know JOC has said he gets subpar results from spawning jars that were allowed to sit 1+ weeks past 100% colonization but am curious what your experiences have been with this? I know over on the stone producer thread, a lot of people are leaving their spawn jars for weeks or months before fruiting and still get great flushes. I realize this could be specifically because of the survival mechanism of stone producers, but I personally haven't noticed lack-luster fruiting of pans or cubes when letting my jars sit 1-3 weeks beyond full colonization. However, I haven't done any true experiments on it where I create a couple jars from the same clone and fruit one right at full colonization and fruit the other three weeks later and compare results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27743293 -

Curious to find out peoples results as well. From everything I’ve read on Pans it seems like it’s a constant race from germination to fruits. Select the fastest bit of myc then put to grain and don’t let it sit etc.

I’ve just G2G a culture that’s been sat for at least 2 weeks after full colonisation so I’ll report back what happens with those.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 2
    #27743430 -

That bisporus canopy is insane, dude.  Two thumbs up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Hindsight] * 1
    #27743447 -

Hindsight said:
Harvested this tray of bispos today:


These are the first fruits I have harvested in over a month I think. For a while, all my cult time went into building my flow hood and that damn thing took over a month to finish and get sorted. I wasn't streaking plates or making spawn during that time so I ended up in a place where everything I had going fruited and I was left with empty shelves and an empty tent. Now I keep finding myself sitting on jars that are 100% consolidated for 1-2 weeks because I don't have time to pasteurize substrate or spawn trays. I know JOC has said he gets subpar results from spawning jars that were allowed to sit 1+ weeks past 100% colonization but am curious what your experiences have been with this? I know over on the stone producer thread, a lot of people are leaving their spawn jars for weeks or months before fruiting and still get great flushes. I realize this could be specifically because of the survival mechanism of stone producers, but I personally haven't noticed lack-luster fruiting of pans or cubes when letting my jars sit 1-3 weeks beyond full colonization. However, I haven't done any true experiments on it where I create a couple jars from the same clone and fruit one right at full colonization and fruit the other three weeks later and compare results.



Killng it again! This is a better Panopy than most of the Jake Oncid stuff with Bisporus! You just keep blowing my mind man. Unfortunately I can only give 1 upvote per post, and 1 rating. lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27743760 -

Hey Hindsight

Congratulations with (maybe) the best bisp flush to date.

I often make more spawn than i use. And I see vitality drop fast in pan's. I have used spawn after 1 month of full colonization with succes but often after 2-3 month the spawn almost look dead.
Here is a good example but on pan cint.
New colonized  and 2 month old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: THE MYCOSMITH] * 2
    #27743823 -

@ Hindsight. Looking good. What substrate have you used in this one?


Letting spawn sit for 2-3 weeks didn't lower the performance/success
rate noticeable in my experience.


THE MYCOSMITH said:
New colonized  and 2 month old.




That growth looks very unusual, even the freshly colonized one.
Are jars like this producing good results for you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #27743843 -

Hmmm I let my Bunnell spawn sit for 2 weeks or so, and after putting it to bulk there is ZERO activity after 2 days. It's fucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas] * 1
    #27743911 -

Awesome Bisporus canopy! Have you sampled any yet?


--------------------
Love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | 1283 | 1284 | 1285 | 1286 | 1287 | 1288 | 1289 | 1290 | 1291 | 1292 | 1293 | 1294 | 1295 | 1296 | 1297 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 307 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,005 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 554 555 )
nosf3r4tu 355,423 11,082 10/07/26 08:03 AM
by ambigu
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,687 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,762 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,654 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,047 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,308,724 topic views. 17 members, 81 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.023 seconds on 18 queries.