Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553 | 554 | 555
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ambigu]
    #29688666 -

I’m lousy at analyzing pictures and semp myc can present oddly but I think it’s organized mycelium. When did it show up and is it growing quickly?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29688695 -

SkanskKorv said:
Looks like hypal knots mate! But this might mean you're about to experience side pin hell:lol:

Last time I had hypal knots like that the tub ended up like this. My gf can't view the image due to her Trypophobia:awesome:


But I still got a great flush on the top of the substrate, it was just really annoying to have to harvest the side/bottom pins.



Ah, I prefer side pins over a contaminated tub :thumbup: I have a little bit of trypophobia myself, but my mycophilia will always prevail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: The Tao]
    #29688697 -

The Tao said:
I’m lousy at analyzing pictures and semp myc can present oddly but I think it’s organized mycelium. When did it show up and is it growing quickly?



I saw the first dots appear about 3 or 4 days ago. I’m not sure if that’s considered quickly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: ambigu]
    #29688735 -

Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Generic]
    #29688738 -

Generic said:
Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.



Picture would help, but yes, late casing sound like the better option.


--------------------
β€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread [Re: Generic]
    #29688744 -

Generic said:
Going to prep some casing today (for a variety of things), pH adjusted peat.  but i just saw yesterday that the semp tray has started pinning already (only around the outside of the tray, conditions have been unstable/recently dry), so is a late casing better than no casing?  and I assume peat is better than straight verm, maybe a little bit?  cause that's what i'm making, but i also have verm on hand.



Verm works nicely on its own but I had slightly better results with peat, I'm just too lazy to deal with it but honestly the results were quite similar. Verm is easy because it can be used straight outta the bag without any hassle but peat has to be pasteurized properly before use.


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (10/07/26 09:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 535 | 536 | 537 | 538 | 539 | 540 | 541 | 542 | 543 | 544 | 545 | 546 | 547 | 548 | 549 | 550 | 551 | 552 | 553 | 554 | 555

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,480 15,115 10/04/26 08:42 PM
by divineverdance
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2163 2164 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,308,740 43,274 10/07/26 08:41 AM
by Generic
* Printing Semperviva Javadog 3,231 17 01/23/11 01:48 PM
by Javadog
* What p.c. strain is best for outdoors? Rudiger420 1,183 4 03/08/04 02:47 PM
by Loki
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,428 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn
* Psilocybe semperviva (P. hoogshagenii var. convexa) Pins!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
stonesun 14,850 77 12/26/21 01:43 PM
by Hoogshagenii
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 307 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* Semperviva germination times? mycomonster 1,414 12 03/29/10 08:49 AM
by mycomonster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
355,445 topic views. 19 members, 118 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.