Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens?
    #3606410 -

Hi Everyone -

I'll begin by thanking everyone for such a great forum!

I wanted to know if I could use the Rye-z-Morph Primary Spawn Bag from mycobag.com for the primary spawn of Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? If so, being that these bags contain just over 1 pound of rye grain, how much spore solution/culture (how many cc/ml) should I inject to inoculate the bag?

Many thanks for any assistance!

Edited by rob_531 (01/10/05 01:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: rob_531]
    #3606432 -

LINK SITE SAYS:

"Inoculate the pre-sterilized rye berries with culture syringe solution by inserting the needle through the plastic shield and foam disc at the previously sterilized spot. Squirt 1cc of culture solution directly into the substrate material".

You would have to ask them... what "culture solution" is.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: agar]
    #3606460 -

I am growing that species right now and I have no clue but i have much to learn! I would assume no ( but could be terrible wrong) b/c it only contains rye grain. Cyanescens is a dung lover.....


--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3606503 -

Thanks for the fast replies! I'm talking asking about using these premade bags instead of jars, for the initial spawn. I plan to inoculate them with a spore syringe. I hope I'm making sense.

Edited by rob_531 (01/10/05 01:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: agar]
    #3606544 -

agar said:
LINK SITE SAYS:

"Inoculate the pre-sterilized rye berries with culture syringe solution by inserting the needle through the plastic shield and foam disc at the previously sterilized spot. Squirt 1cc of culture solution directly into the substrate material".

You would have to ask them... what "culture solution" is.


u have been here 2 months and have 776 post , jees


--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: liveby]
    #3606545 -

nice work ^


--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: liveby]
    #3606983 -

No offense, liveby, but you just logged two posts on my tread alone and didn't contribute anything to the actual topic except for some cool dancing bears!  :grin:

Getting back to the subject of this thread, the bottom of the Rye-z-Morph description on mycobag.com states, "Once fully colonized the rye berry spawn may be used to inoculate other bulk mediums such as pasteurized straw...".  I wondering if anyone knows if these bags would be suitable for inoculation with Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens spore solution?  The Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens cultivation teks I've read have talking about using rye grain as a initial substrate.  Then, adding it to a manure straw substrate.

Thanks, in adavance, for any assistance!

Edited by rob_531 (01/10/05 07:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: rob_531]
    #3607048 -

It'll work fine rob, as long as you're using it for spawn. Poo lovers will colonize grain just fine. Colonize you a bag or two and knock up some poo with that. GL on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: PorchMonkey321]
    #3607111 -

Thanks, PorchMonkey321! That's the answer I was hoping to get! Now, I just have to determine how many cc's of spore solution I need to inoculate a 1 pound bag. Any ideas?

Regards,

rob_531

Edited by rob_531 (01/10/05 08:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: rob_531]
    #3607114 -

I'd use around 3-5cc and shake the living shit out of it after innoc. You're going to need a good bit of solution to get it dispersed in a bag that big.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: liveby]
    #3607232 -

Quote:
liveby said:
Quote:
agar said:
You would have to ask them... what "culture solution" is.


u have been here 2 months and have 776 post , jees




No offense, Agar has actualy been here for years, he took a short hiatus and has
returned, he also happens to be one of the best cultivators and innovators this
board has ever seen, people do well when the listen to agar...

in closing, I've never seen a post that agar has made that didnt have very helpful content

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: rob_531]
    #3607363 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3607660 -

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Kind words, from P-1 & Thank you sir. He is a "pro" not "I".  I just like to "tinker" :thumbup: :tongue2:

As for my # of posts, in so short a span. Snow is DEEP & cold, rum tody is hot, den is warn & why not. It keeps the mind active, when the body can't be. :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,044 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,649 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* Copelandia Cyanescens on BRF/VERMI cakes Thax8 6,591 16 01/22/21 02:23 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Can Copelandia cyanescens be grown w/ pf tek? Nickster_154371 5,458 6 03/02/04 10:30 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Copelandia cyanescens growing experiences Ekstaza 4,760 3 08/23/03 10:18 PM
by deanofmean
* Isolating a copelandia cyanescens print TrippinSLIM 1,505 3 12/31/19 08:59 AM
by dionysiusnextdoor
* hydra-pod and rye-z-morph bags Sean Thomas 755 3 01/04/03 06:41 PM
by Sean Thomas
* concerns with rye/ fp bags Mordor 1,578 5 11/14/01 12:40 PM
by Mordor

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
4,757 topic views. 12 members, 60 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.