Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24536916 -

Kyshroomer19xx said:
Hey when does the fall ovoid season usually start in the ohio river valley



I don't usually start finding any until November in the Mid Atlantic region.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo] * 1
    #24537376 -

stevo said:
Just a thought.  It could be because they are just relatively big mushrooms.  Maybe cyans and other fall species are smaller and will initiate after a weekend of rain and continue fruiting a little frosty, and ovoids just need a longer period of warm rainy shroominess to support their growth.  Fall weather is a little more unpredictable and less humid on average on the east side I think anyway.



All the ovoids I've found have been smaller squatty mushrooms compared to cyanescens.
Cyans can get fat as fuck and they're solid stemmed unlike the hollow ovoid stems.

I found ovoids in November, that fruited into October here in Washington, the flushes just aren't as large as in the spring time.


--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|


|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 *DELETED* [Re: TheDuder]
    #24538162 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24539196 -

stevo said:
The east coast ones get huge in comparison to some of the west coast varieties I've seen here.






--------------------

Edited by DubSpore (08/08/17 01:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24539255 -

DubSpore, beautiful specimen right there! But why the hell do I see no bluing? I've seen ovoids bruise dark like ink, and here I see nothing. :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24539457 -



--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24539487 -

I am a noob but I noticed that the ovoids I found didn't bruise right after picking or if they are really wet.


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24539945 -

Yeah the ovoids I find in my area usually show the most bluing on the caps, not as much so on the stems.
Although the natives ones in your guys area seem to bruise deep blue. :shrug:


--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|


|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TheDuder]
    #24540162 -

That's weird when i am hunting and find some I pick them an tend to hold them while I search the area around for more an by the time I go to put them in my bag I notice a lot of bluing on the stems


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx] * 1
    #24540828 -

I tend to see more bluing in the fall flushes...maybe because of the low temps. This one bruised right where I held it.



--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24587655 -

Whelp, 67 and raining cats and dogs today. High yesterday was 78. Y'all think we might see some in VA/MD at this time of year? Or is there no way they would fruit in late August?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: greencrush420]
    #24587677 -

Ahhh! I will have time to go out by myself on Mondays this fall! There's an amazing waterfall where I go hiking. It feeds a creek that runs though a small valley with a lot of low lying growth and pretty much shaded 24 hours a day. Lots of gritty soil and slopes, and tree roots everywhere. I wish I knew how to identify the right kind of trees, but I'll be up and down that stream this fall. What are the conditions and tempos I'm waiting for in fall?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: greencrush420]
    #24587704 -

greencrush420 said:
Whelp, 67 and raining cats and dogs today. High yesterday was 78. Y'all think we might see some in VA/MD at this time of year? Or is there no way they would fruit in late August?



September and January are the worst months of the year for finding ovoids.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: koods]
    #24588203 -

I don't bother looking until the end of October.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24591317 -

I too have been wondering when the fall season starts I am going to go out tomorrow and check things out just to see what's up


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24592970 -

Just found in a paper bag in the back of my fridge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24593099 -

foragedfungus said:
Just found in a paper bag in the back of my fridge.




Yum, dinner time already?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 *DELETED* [Re: dhype773] * 1
    #24593516 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24595465 -

I will be out hunting in a couple days it's raining now an supposed to continue until Saturday so hopefully I can find some wish me luck


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24595476 -

So they need that deep cold shock. I'll be waiting for those conditions, thanks. If only I had a known patch!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,493 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,625 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPRING 2021
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mr Piggy 6,391 61 10/03/21 03:51 PM
by justjarvis
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,948 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Ovoid hunting Mr_enforcer1 1,037 9 05/06/21 05:57 AM
by Sporespreder
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,095 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,661 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* April 1st begins my searches for ovoids (PA)
( 1 2 3 all )
ipickPA 11,365 58 04/15/09 01:04 PM
by rastaman99996

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
104,875 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.