Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: sam11]
    #27189548 - 02/06/21 01:20 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Jeez rtr you ruffled a few feathers over there

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Loc: Auckland, NZ Flag
    #27189604 - 02/06/21 01:54 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:

I thrive off it...
:stirthepot:

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

OfflineMycoangulo
Loc: NZ Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: RogerTheRetard] * 1
    #27189706 - 02/06/21 03:01 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

January 08 2021. Auckland.

Psilocybe weraroa.

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Mycoangulo]
    #27189749 - 02/06/21 03:22 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Mycoangulo said:

Psilocybe weraroa.

Nice, got a habitat description?

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27189755 - 02/06/21 03:25 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

RogerTheRetard said:
Quote:

sam11 said:

I thrive off it...
:stirthepot:

Yeah.... not sure that's healthy for anyone. Thought you didn't mess with fb.

--------------------

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

#27189758 - 02/06/21 03:26 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Really quoting the picture when its right above your post? :lolsy:

Finally a proper wild find! Good work Myco. This was found on the 8th of Jan?
How come you didn't post this sooner? :shrug:

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
-We are all computer data in a materialistic world-
|Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything|

Edited by Blazer420 (02/06/21 03:28 PM)

OfflineBobbit
Even Stranger

Loc: The outsideround Flag
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Blazer420]
    #27189871 - 02/06/21 04:51 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

RogerTheRetard said:
I'm going to post my master list of psilocybin containing NZ species here for reference.
Just in case of any potential dilemmas with n00bz posting non psilocybin mushroom species on this sacred thread...

I expect a clean thread this year. And I will be reporting any n00b infractions straight to a moderators attention.
Only pictures of these species are allowed on this thread...

:laugh2:Good luck with that :laugh2:
We’ll help and try not to get too bent outta shape. . .

Quote:

Blazer420 said:
Finally a proper wild find! Good work Myco. This was found on the 8th of Jan?
How come you didn't post this sooner? :shrug:

Maybe it was super strong, and he was trippin for a month :shrug:

--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Bobbit]
    #27189915 - 02/06/21 05:21 PM (7 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Mycoangulo said:

Psilocybe weraroa.

Great first post, first image of a wild 2021 specimen posted!
Welcome to the forum bro!

--------------------
:hitler::mushroom2:angulospora:heart:subaeruginosa:heart:subsecotioides:heart:tasmaniana:mushroom2::hitler:

Edited by RogerTheRetard (02/25/21 10:08 PM)

OfflineMycoangulo
Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: RogerTheRetard]
    #27190400 - 02/06/21 10:29 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

sam11, Habitat was native bush at the bottom of a valley in a fairly flat area where a small stream meanders. I guess like a little flood plain type area.

There was a solid canopy above it but the understory was just here and there, and where this one was there was no ground cover plants, just a thin layer of fallen leaves, none of which were actually covering it. So it was just in the middle of a small clearing with nothing covering it.

I had been searching the thick vegetation and was surprised to come across one with so little consistency with the expected microclimate for finding weraroa in summer.

Dominant trees around it included Mahoe, Coprosma robusta, Karaka, Hoheria and Kawakawa. There was no tree fern presence in the immediate vicinity.

I have posted them earlier, but not on this site.

I am very good at coming up against a situation like 'how do I choose an avatar on this new platform' and being delayed by this for months as I just procrastinate doing it.

Me posting here was a process I started nearly a year ago lol.

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)" [Re: Mycoangulo]
    #27191936 - 02/07/21 04:19 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have been doing a few bush walks and have been keeping my eyes open, this gives me a little more direction.
Sounds like you got some next level procrastination skills going on there.

--------------------

OfflineMycoangulo
    #27192347 - 02/07/21 07:57 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

Here are some more photos of my summer 'roa. First two are how it was when found.

In one of these ones there are what may be weraroa pins forming on another bit of wood but this is highly speculative.

Here are more photos of the active Gymnopilus. Firstly for context here is the original wild specimen, from whom it's wooden home was cruelly split and some of it taken in to captivity, possibly to be sold to a circus where it will perform to a crowd. Since this wild find was last year in December I will be packing my bags shortly for my upcoming exile for breaking the rules.

Now, back to 2021...

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#27192387 - 02/07/21 08:23 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

:splooge::splooge::whacker:
The Gymnopilus fruiting out of the chunk of wood look really good.
:firecum:

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#27192420 - 02/07/21 08:47 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mycoangulo said:

Dehydrated Gymnopilus species. Looks pretty nasty NGL... I wonder what they taste like...
I probably would not be able to consume that unless powdered and blended into a drink to mask the taste...

I wonder how many grams of dry gyms it takes to trip... Probably more than one would be able to stomach...
:ilold:
Does anyone even consume them?
I don't think it would be easy to sell someone a bag of dry gyms without explaining to the tripper that they are an extremely weak species of magic mushroom...

That would definitely be something I would need to bioassay myself before sharing with others...

When I find these I'll probably start with 10 grams dry...

Would 10 grams of dry gyms be comparable to 1 gram of dry subs... Makes me curious.

I hear you need to take a whole ounce of dry gyms for a decent trip...

That's a great big lot of mushroom material that has to be digested. Someone would have to be pretty fucking desperate for a mushroom trip to have to take gyms...

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27192427 - 02/07/21 08:51 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

I recognise that bit of wood and its shrooms.....
Awesome shots! Shame that Rodger has to boot you for breaking the rules.. sad face.

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27192431 - 02/07/21 08:54 PM (7 months, 7 days ago)

When I find these I'll probably start with 10 grams dry...

Would 10 grams of dry gyms be comparable to 1 gram of dry subs... Makes me curious.

I hear you need to take a whole ounce of dry gyms for a decent trip...

That's a great big lot of mushroom material that has to be digested. Someone would have to be pretty fucking desperate for a mushroom trip to have to take gyms...

I'll pay you $50 if you do this Rodger. No boofing allowed.

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#27192543 - 02/07/21 10:08 PM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

sam11 said:
I recognise that bit of wood and its shrooms.....

I managed to drag his ass over to shroomery!
I'm glad he's posting here now. The shroomery needs Mycoangulo... He's a GC and he's smart...
Stick around, Mycoangulo...
:super:
Quote:

sam11 said:
I'll pay you $50 if you do this Rodger. No boofing allowed.

Being paid to do drugs?! Keen...
Maybe Mycoangulo can provide me with some dry gyms... For science...

They honestly look really foul dehydrated tho NGL. I bet they are really fucking thick fleshed and dense. Yuck.
Not to mention the sheer volume of them that would have to be consumed in order to alter my consciousness.

Seems like the dense-fleshed texture of the mushrooms and the large amount of mushroom material in my stomach would give me an upset stomach, even if they did make me trip.
:shrug: And I already suffer from IBS as it is...

I hear tea made from fresh specimens is the way to go.
Alternatively you could perhaps dehydrate them then dust them up to powder and blend the powder into a fruit smoothie 2 try and mask the taste of the mushroom material then just hnf chug it down...

IDK...

I highly doubt that I would be able to bite through 10 grams of dry Gymnopilus just on their own tho.
They would be too dense fleshed and revolting...
:projectile:

--------------------

OfflineMycoangulo
    #27192927 - 02/08/21 03:39 AM (7 months, 6 days ago)

I'm unaware of what these gyms taste like. I hear that these particular fungal growths that thrive in rank rotting wood are from a narcotic fungus and as such the results from eating any sound worrisomely dangerous indeed.

Thankfully nature sometimes leaves clues like the bright purple and yellow colouration that makes these ones look clearly not good to eat.

However one can never be too careful. I have come across some that appeared to be good to eat mushrooms, but they were not Shitake and Straw Mushrooms! :shocked:

Terrifyingly they are actually Drug-Mushrooms which alarmingly are not limited to one species and not even two! On www . youtube . com I learned that there are more than 5!!!!

Damn, this upload limit's gonna turn me into a paid up member real fast!

--------------------

Offlinesam11
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27192966 - 02/08/21 04:27 AM (7 months, 6 days ago)

I've heard they're quite bitter... the purple drug mushroom that is. I also heard that they do wonders for the poor souls out there who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome. To get the full benefits the victim, I mean IBS sufferer, must thoroughly chew the purple drug mushroom.

--------------------

InvisibleRogerTheRetard
Overlord

#27193002 - 02/08/21 05:41 AM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Mycoangulo said:
I'm unaware of what these gyms taste like.

Do you pick/dehydrate and store the Gymnopilus like you would any other Psilocybe?

--------------------

OfflineMycoangulo
    #27193073 - 02/08/21 07:37 AM (7 months, 6 days ago)

Comparably to any Psilocybe which I have rarely encountered.

I know I found them in the wild on three occasions last year. However only the last time did I recognise it as being likely to be an active Gymnopilus, with the other times being ID'd from my photos of the first time by a friend days after the second time.

So I dried the single wild specimen in a sealed container containing some paper bags of damprid. Lots of it. Multiple orders of magnitude excess, which is the way I like to preserve ones I care about.

It's younger siblings I did that with one of them, and printed the other 4-5, before drying their severed remains with much less care.

Storage is in a similar situation to the drying, but they are in clean ziplock bags (to prevent them dirtying each other with their genes) and there is less damprid in the paper bag, so they are constantly in an environment that will dry anything with moisture that is put in but at a lower rate.

I don't know if I just answered your question as intended, but this is What I do whenever possible on the occasion that some sporulating fungus gets my attention.

When I believe that it is highly likely that I'll find some dank and rare ones I'm liable to try and bring this shit to the mushrooms so I can get em in an atmosphere as dry as outer space as soon as photos are taken.

I might have taken a motorbike battery deep in to Psilocybe aucklandiae habitat to get a fan on some 100% gourmet choice edibles ASAP.

But I think a few kg of damprid (in a paper bag to separate it from specimens) in a bucket is better.

For my quest to get weraroa to dry and look pretty I put a laptop fan in the bucket. There are many different shades and flava of tek.

Edited by Mycoangulo (02/10/21 07:29 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom