Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: egghead1]
    #4217354 - 05/25/05 05:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
George Lucas was a film director who made sci-fi movies. On this basis, which one would you consider more authoritative? 

You make it sound like Mr. Lucas didn't influence any of the thinking minds of this generation at all....  :confused:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4217640 - 05/25/05 09:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, no there are many teachings imbedded within the Star War movies. I was merely pointing out that Star Wars is far less authoritative then the Bagavad Gita when it comes to matters of God and spirituality.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: egghead1]
    #4218943 - 05/25/05 05:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

(oops, to Markos, of course)
And now, i have not the accurate 'names' for the spheres at hand :wink: Sorry about that I will just name them now, as they are named 'most commmon'.

But I think this makes sense... The Sun-Sphere (beauty, now 6) wanders down through the 'justification-line' between 4 and 5 (forgivenes[damned, dont know the right engligh word] and strength) to get to 'visibility-level'. This inhibits a big power, which can be seen with the asymmetry of the tree of life now. Also the 'base (9)' once was above the 'lowest justification line' [between 7 and 8, victory and honour]. Much more readable out of this... :smile:

With creation I mean both, the 'materialization of the universe' and the 'sinfall of Eden' which leads in the 'free-will area' or the condensation of consciousness of the human kind/mind :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4220122 - 05/25/05 10:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4221927 - 05/26/05 12:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, nice site, thanks :wink:
I rereaded the theory and I made a little mistake: It's called 'The perfect tree of life' and describes the situation only before sinfall.
And not all the three spheres (6,9,19) wander up one position, it's only the Kingdom (10) which wanders between crown and beauty (1 and 6)..
I have to recontemplate about this :wink:

--------------------
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#4222518 - 05/26/05 02:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The structure of the Tree does not "wander." One works the Paths between the Spheres, and one who pursues the path of mysticism seeks a higher identification of oneself than the natural identification with the physical body (Malkuth), one's thoughts (Hod) and one's feelings (Netzach), i.e., the personality. One has thus crossed "the Veil of Paroketh" into Tiphereth, and can then identify oneself primarily as a Self or Soul which is veiled in a body and corresponding personality, yet is also separate from these (which belong to the 4th and 3rd Worlds respectively).

Daath - Knowledge - the 'sphere' which has no number (or the Sefiroth which is not a Sephiroth) is hidden in "the Abyss" which separates the 1st World of "the Supernals" from the 2nd World of "Soul" (Geburah-Tiphereth-Chesed or Will-Beauty-Love). Above the Abyss lies the Supernal Mother, Supernal Father and the 'Crown.' Above the Supernals lies a triune Godhead of "Limitless Light," "Limitlessness," and the Undefinable.

Human beings are microcosms of the macrocosmic Tree and the Cosmic Human (i.e., 'created in GOD's image'). We occupy all parts of the Tree but most people are awake only to the first two Worlds.

There is a "Marriage" between Yesod and Tiphereth - between Moon and Sun, and a higher Union between one's Soul (centered in Tipereth and drawing upon Geburah and Chesed), and with the Spirit (at Kether). This Union corresponds with the Indian Heart Cave and Thousand-Petalled Lotus, ot the Sacred Heart and Halo depicted in Catholic art.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#4225714 - 05/27/05 10:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, thanks for that input !
Nevertheless I like the 'idea' of that 'perfect' tree before sinfall or creation or something 'major' has happened.
Also I find it very interesting to think about 'how' the spheres have wandered. If only one sphere 'jumped' (10 -> 11), which seems to be the common viewing, or perhaps the three spheres (6, 9, 10) really together had moved ? :wink: Did the spheres keep their meaning after and before movement ?
I am looking at and contemplate on this tree very basically and it has given me very profound insights until now (I use it in the Tarot)...

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#4227198 - 05/27/05 05:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The structure of the Tree does not "wander."

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#4232616 - 05/29/05 08:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It did (does and will do in higher 'plains' ?). For us, in this plain, it is fixed now.
Or how do you explain the strange 'asymmetry' of it, which 'solves up in one step' ? :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#4232870 - 05/29/05 11:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

As little as $2.99 at www.amazon.com for a used copy. You've got questions [Excellent!], this little book is the best intro I've ever read.

Not trying to ignore your questions, but I'm not certain what you are asking and I am sure that Parfitt's book can clarify the issues for you.

--------------------

Offlinenitroguy
SeiZureS

#4235787 - 05/30/05 06:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The question seems to become, "If one does what God does (or would do, if he existed) enough times, does one become God?" If not then God cannot exist on a physical level.

--------------------
...Weapons are meant for destruction,
and thus are avoided by the wise.
Only as a last resort
will a wise person use a deadly weapon.
If peace is her true objective
how can she rejoice in the victory of war?
Those who rejoice in victory
delight in the slaughter of humanity.
Those who resort to violence
will never bring peace to the world...

Lao-Tzu, "Tao Te Ching--31" trans. J.H. McDonald

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Does "God" exist on a physical level? [Re: nitroguy]
    #4236426 - 05/30/05 01:28 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The Hebrew 'Eheieh Asher Eheieh' incorrectly translated by King James as "I AM THAT I AM" is more accurately translated as "I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE."

Every Sura of the Qu'ran reads: "Allah the Merciful, the Compassionate..."

The Hindu formula is SAT CHIT ANANDA or Being-Knowledge-Bliss.

The Christian postulate: "God is love" (1 John 4:8), is perhaps the closest to a sense of 'willing' or 'doing' what GOD does. Insofar as one loves and becomes loving, one is transformed into love - of the same nature as GOD. This is called 'theosis' and is the spiritual goal in Eastern Orthodox Christianity. In that faith, 'GOD became human so that humans can become GOD.' In a major way, the creation of Earth as a terrarium upon which human souls can manifest GOD through love. This is how GOD's inner life manifests in the physical world. The designs of created form is reflective of the Ideas of the Creator, apart from Humanity's Divine activity of love. Here are two ways that GOD is said to manifest (vs. remaining Unmanifest).

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#4237329 - 05/30/05 06:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I am just asking about the origins of the (symmetrical) 'imbalance' of the tree :wink:
I thought (because I read) that it's common sense that this  occured bacause of the 'sinfall' or the 'becoming conscious'...
(I reached too far by this to be a projection from the spiritual to the physical realm)
:laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order