Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Christianity makes no sense. [Re: ]
    #2242806 - 01/14/04 10:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Jewish Kabbalism has an old and wonderful metaphysic that parallels the physics version of the Big Bang with a philosophical version. 'Tsimtsum' is the name given to the singularity which formed as a result of the Infinite Godhead contracting Itself into a singularity of Infinite mass, then retracting itself (like an amoeba which forms a 'contractile vacuole' in its cytoplasm). The retraction forms a 'Hypersphere' which is an 'unbounded periphery' which we understand as the expanding boundary of the universe, some 15 billion light years across. So, the expanding universe is expanding onmidirectionally into what Kabbalists call 'Ain Soph' - The Boundless - the Infinite and Eternal Godhead. So, the question of what the universe is expanding into, is the Divine Essence. Meanwhile, in the Hypersphere which is our universe, the Divine Essence has retreated to 'make room' for space-time, but the Divine Nature still suffuses the universe (kind of like the residual microwave noise of the Big Bang that is still perceivable, in the physical parallel). This is to say that GOD remains in His Immanence, which upholds existence from the heart of every point in the space-time continuum - which means that He suffuses our human beinghood (since we are one with the fabric of space-time) and as the Muslims say 'is closer to us than our own jugular vein.' GOD's Transcendental Essence ("Superabundant Godhead") exists 'outside of' space-time, and is knowable by GOD alone.

Judaeo-Christian theology does in fact posit creation to occur 'Ex Nihilo' - Out of Nothing - but this is to be interpreted as 'No Thing,' not 'Nothing.' THe Divine Origin is not an object to be observed. WE are objects, relative to the Divine Ground of Being which is THE Subject, Author, Creator. GOD is no thing in other words, and remains a Transcendental Source - ungraspable and incomprehensible by the finite mind. With a good working definition and understanding of the definition of Transcendental, any intelligent person stops attempting to comprehend GOD with rationality. One may be 'grasped' by GOD and experience a 'variety of religious experiences,' but one does not 'grasp' (i.e., comprehend) GOD with the mind, but with other means such as 'the organ of faith,' or by ecstatic love. But again, one is transformed by such encounters, and the resulting knowledge is experiencial (gnosis) not factual or empirical (episteme).

The universe is not eternal, or infinite. These are properties that belong to GOD alone.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: Christianity makes no sense. [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2242856 - 01/14/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'm not about to read the whole thread, it's too long. but my $0.02 is that god isen't an individual. it's not a he, it just IS. everything. take that for what it's worth i suppose.. fireworks god did a much better job of explaining it.

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Christianity makes no sense. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2243109 - 01/15/04 12:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If god was not closer to us than our own juggler vein, why could we then not grasp it? If it flows throughout all things, would we not then, experience it, on some level. Would not understanding the position of god or talking about the existence of god try and "grasp" it. I remember today i was at the car wash waiting for my carpets to get finished getting shampooed, and i had my scientific american with and i was reading about how some scientists are now claiming that the explanation of the red shift has to do with the 3rd dimension of space leaking into holes, or gravity is going pulling it with it into the 4th dimension, which accounts for the dispersal of space. They think that this would postulate the whole 11 dimensionsal scenario. they said gravity accompanies all dimesions. God isnt though, is it? I just thought, GOD is NOTHING. And maybe, we our perceptions, are just the devide, to that which IS. and we are simply experiencing that which we are not. We are souls, that belong like all things to everything else. Maybe? A bunch of bullshit?

I really like what you wrote, strangely i see a lot of parralells to what ive read about physics lately. very interesting markos.

How ive come to grasp the whole spirituality/philosophy /god no god thing. Is just rejecting all information ive come to have been taught and how i was said to get their, then ive been re interpreting the information in an effort to reforumlate said ideas about so called things.

--------------------
What?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Christianity makes no sense. [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2243388 - 01/15/04 05:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Now all you have to do to continue your experiments with Truth is to remember: "Except ye become converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter The Kingdom of Heaven." Imagine simply thinking/talking with GOD and being responded to with either a clear 'No' to your requests by nothing happening, or a clear 'Yes' with your questions and requests being answered with the 'thing' itself or person coming to you, or by synchronistic (miraculous) events, or by dreams. You'd then begin to realize GOD's closeness - a Center which is everywhere and a circumference which is nowhere.

Why can people grasp a physical reality like holography, and not use such contents to make a 'leap of faith' about the wholeness of GOD being available in the eternal here and now?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefungulus
Re: Christianity makes no sense. [Re: muhurgle]
    #2253554 - 01/19/04 05:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

How does it go and I forgot who said it but it helps me and maybe it will help others.

"Half of existence is pre-ordained. The other half is free will. Once one can accept this paradox, you are no longer a slave to your conditioning."

To me this means that you must go through things like birth, reproduction, death, etc. and this is the common thread that unites or divides humanity. You can only choose your attitude and when and where you go and how you react to things. I'm not so inclined when it comes to science, so to me all the phisics models seem contrary compared to a simple experience. I think that's what God intended.
Simple experiences. Because the older I get, the more I find in them and the more I find that people are always trying to sell you bullshit so they can make buttloads of money and enjoy themselves while leaving an abject populace in the cold left to feel hopeless because the furnishings in their house is 5 minutes out of style. And yes I do believe in God, just not man-made religeon.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order