Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
LAST CHRISTIANITY POST
    #787170 - 07/30/02 09:59 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

I need to put that title up so I can just lay it all down for you once and for all. Too much posting on this issue. THis is my last christianity post because I'm sick of hearing about the same old arguements being spewed repeatedly.

It's like the never-ending standard-switching.

"Christianity sucks"

"Don't hate the religious people"

"Why can't you just learn to tolerate my hatred for your kind?" (sorry, i had to add that one in )

Anyways, here's my final take on the issue.

The debate of the existence of God is just such a stupid thing to carry on with. Debates are pointless, meaningless, and dragged out when neither side is going into the arguement with an open and willing mind for their opposition.
In other words, you will never, NEVER hear a post say something like "oh, well then, i guess your arguement makes sense. I will stop going to church starting TOMMORROW" or "Hey, you brought up a good point! I guess i was wrong the entire time. PRAISE THE LORD!!!"

Some people here can't tell the difference between a debate and a competition to prove which side is smarter.

Now, about labeling christians for wrong-doings or not, remember that we are all human. I'm not making a defensive remark towards christians, but just remember that the Pope's feces is still the same color as mine. And smells the same.

I think it's a shame that priests have been uncovered as horny-little pedophiles, but it's something that happened and that people need to learn to accept. Even priests are human. Once again, i don't see any priests crapping out anything gold, do you?

Take some time out of your busy days to go to a bathroom stall for a philosophical rediscovering. Ever see people's crap? They all tend to be brown and smelly. It's a constant reminder that we're all human. No one is any bit more superior/divine/spiritually well-off than anyone else. That's the bottom line.

God? It's a free world to believe in Him or not. Why do people even referr to God as a "He"? Last time i checked, God doesn't go use the male stall in the bathroom.

Christianity itself has been distorted so much over the years. Politics and people in power have done a great deal of changing and skewing words around in the bible that many of the original sayings and meanings aren't even expressed in the modern revised versions of the Bible.

For instance, God never said "Let there be light". No. Bull shit. According to the original hebrew text, God said "Let light be shown"

Now, if words can be that easily and unnoticeably alterred, imagine how many other things have changed? No wonder the greatest Bible-studiers/historians in the world are non-christian.

Ok, so. Any other issues I haven't brought up?

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: LAST CHRISTIANITY POST [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #787413 - 07/31/02 01:48 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

dude, you have an abnormal obsession with feces, turds, and bathrooms. why is this? even your signature talks about turds...do they have drugs for conditions like this? wait! you have inspired me!, i think i will make my sig talk about shit too!

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: LAST CHRISTIANITY POST [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #788177 - 07/31/02 12:14 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Yeah Man. Usually you run into pot-heads, acid-heads and even god-heads; but rarely does one encounter a doody-head!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: LAST CHRISTIANITY POST [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #788301 - 07/31/02 01:02 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

lol

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#788320 - 07/31/02 01:06 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Well, you have to admit the poop-theory does work out pretty well.

I know it's silly and all, but humor is one of the best ways of speaking out to the masses.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #788331 - 07/31/02 01:11 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

>but just remember that the Pope's feces is still the same color as mine. And smells the same.
How do you know?

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: LAST CHRISTIANITY POST [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #788457 - 07/31/02 02:16 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Lol.

Well i guess i don't know.

But, i hope you get my point. I never got a chance to sniff the pope's butt.

Ok what are we talking about?

--------------------

Anonymous

#788687 - 07/31/02 04:50 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

In reply to:

just remember that the Pope's feces is still the same color as mine. And smells the same

that would be a 'holy shit'.

And I have to agree, some People use the guise of a 'Post' to preach rather than discuss religious issues. Its as bad as those Folks who stand on the street corner passing out pamphlets, saying your going to hell. ( They always seem to gravitate towards me )

Leave the preaching for the pulpit.
No one is EVER going to WIN a releigious argument in here.

It just turns into a pissing match, "I can quote 3 versus from the Bible that prove you wrong..."Oh yeah, well I got 3 queens and a Jesus, that beats your hand..." Ok, now I'm off topic, but you get my meaning.

NEW TOPIC:
Midgets: Holy Messangers or Minions of Satan...
Discuss among yourselves.
-OoD

Anonymous

#788693 - 07/31/02 04:53 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

In reply to:

but rarely does one encounter a doody-head!

Markos - you need to spend more time/stay away from OTD - There are fecalphiles/corporphiles abound!
-OOD

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology