Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

Christians please reply.
    #399803 - 09/21/01 08:54 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Do you people believe in the Astral Plane?
My hard core christian relatives tell me its a deception of evil and astral traveling is fake, and Im going to burn in hell for all eternity because I didin't follow THE path the only patch Of their great lord and savior Christ, but I told them I was Gnostic and could give two fucks about what they thought.. They also think any knowledge I may have gained while there should be disregarded and my sins should be repented . So are my relatives fucking morons or do all Christians feel this way about the astral?

Edited by dragoon on 09/21/01 09:58 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebraski
P.I.W.(ProfessionalInheritenceWaiter)

Loc: quasi space
Re: Christians please reply. [Re: dragoon]
    #399812 - 09/21/01 09:11 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Remeber that all that crap about hell and being punished is coming from people who claim that "their" god is suppossedly unconditional love.

Logic dictates you don't argue with people who have so many loop holes in their loose philosophies.

Religion is the fanatical worship and obsesion of a person or symbol. They can say it's about god all they want, but they seperate us from it, and they even goes as far as to personify god as a human. The message has been lost, and in turn the worshipers take on the role of "their" god and are laying wrath and vengence, not god.

Where as Spirituality is found on ones own, usaually in the process of re-discovering ones own freewill after having it stolen by western religion, and/or 'society", before you even realize you have it.

All and all you need to seek out answers in life and QUESTION everything you see, hear, feel, taste, or smell.

And remeber those people are the same people who probably think that the "reason you trip on mushrooms is because it's poisoning you," and the hardest thing I have learned in my journey is keeping my mouth shut and realizng that you can't give all the cave men fire and expect them all to know what to do with it.

braski~

Keep a GReeN MiND!!!
http://www.geocities.com/freeyourbrain/matrix.htm
http://www.geocities.com/freeyourbrain/cave.htm

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

Re: Christians please reply. [Re: braski]
    #399820 - 09/21/01 09:20 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Ah yes, nice post, I do relise the many many holes in there philosophies and believes, but I'm very curious if any Christians believe in the Astral.

Offlinebraski
P.I.W.(ProfessionalInheritenceWaiter)

Loc: quasi space
    #399831 - 09/21/01 09:34 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

In order to reach the astra one needs some knowledge of meditation?, correct?

A good majority of christians believe that to meditate is to break ones connection with god thus allowing the devil to jump in your body and take control.

Pretty stupid huh? You can see more loopholes here. After all reading the bible, signing in church, repeating the "holy mary" or "father crap" is just another form of meditation...

I would say no, they don't believe in the astral, they probaly condsider going to the astral plane the same as your soul temporarily being taken to hell, but then again I am not christian, and I don't believe in hell.

Braski~

Keep a GReeN MiND!!!
http://www.geocities.com/freeyourbrain/matrix.htm
http://www.geocities.com/freeyourbrain/cave.htm

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

#399841 - 09/21/01 09:54 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thank you very much, that answers my question very clearly. My relations did try to warn me with there garbage about my forms of meditation and to be careful, I agree its all pretty stupid, Thanks for your help.
Take care.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #399954 - 09/21/01 12:34 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Depends on their take on christianity. If they are very devout catholics, then they think its all evil. But I know quite a few christians that beleive in astral travel and meditation. They veiw it as another way to commune with God and Jesus. However they are VERY liberal christians, and the only way I would even consider them christians is because they beleive in all the forgiveness of sin hooey and that Jesus saved them.

{Sporeman ripped me off}
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineWisdom to gain
Loc: south florida
    #400110 - 09/21/01 02:58 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

hey whats up,im a christian and i beleive in that. im more of like a mushroomhead christian then an everything is wrong and your going to hell one though. them old schoolers think everything will send ya to hell they need to burn some herb or something................

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: Christians please reply. [Re: Wisdom to gain]
    #400314 - 09/21/01 06:34 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

if believe in some sort of religion, dont tell others their religion or what they do is wrong, which brings me to my next thought, how bad does it make you mad when someone calls u a druggie or a loser or some other put-down, if someone who plays golf thinks smokin pot is stupid, that is his opinion, and he has a right to that, but he in no way has a right to criticize harrass or judge someone that does smoke pot, because the pot smoker would then have an equal right to judge the golfer because he plays golf, which is to say one of the reasons why people are so blind to the fact that we are people too, im a christian, but i dont tell people who dont have religion that they are wrong, and i do believe in the astral plane, christians who will tell u that what u do is wrong are bastards in the first place, dont bias christians as a whole, but i'd have to say more than half the people in the world are judgemental assholes, christian or not

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

OfflineGlitterbaby
journeyman
    #400316 - 09/21/01 06:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

One sentence:

Very wise words !
You earn my respect, you didn't take to much words to explain some simple and unfortunately uncommon point of view.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #408502 - 09/29/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I was out of state when this was posted, so I'm gonna try and 'resurrect' it for a reply. "In my Father's house are many mansions," is from the New Testament, and suggests that there are many 'spiritual abodes' according to Jesus. It is true that the Astral is not far removed from the physical plane, and is certainly not the Causal Plane wherein form first manifests out of Non-dual Reality (at least in Hindu Yoga). The movie 'Ghost' was excellent inasmuch as an Astral Plane was illustrated - a Bardo state in which newly departed may be disoriented and unaware that they are no longer physical humans. At the end, Patrick Swazy (one of the 'grateful dead' who are permitted to finish some 'work' before moving to the next level) enters into the Light, ostensibly of God's Uncreated Energies (Eastern Orthodox concept). The manifestations depicted in the New Testament - on the Mount of Transfiguration, for example, when Moses and Elijah appear; or the upper room in which the Resurrected but not yet Ascended Jesus appears within a closed room, and manifests again as physical to Thomas ('Doubting Thomas') belies a whole 'gnosis' of planes and their manifestations. That other faiths have taxonomized these non-physical realities is remarkable, but there are many so-called Christians, so weak in their faith, that they cannot acknowledge that Truth can be found in other faiths. They are fearful because they are ignorant of these things, and like children, point to the Devil. I am a Christian and have experienced Astral projection. When I move into another plane or level or samadhi, it is my Christian Self that experiences these states. If I trip, Christ is with me because He is in me. Getting caught up in the Astral is no better than being preoccupied with the Physical. The lower Astral is inhabited by the 'wee-folk' of all traditions - elementals (pixies, nixies, brownies, salamanders, sylphs, undines, gnomes, etc.), but there are demonic entities from lower planes as well, and unprepared 'souls' are at risk, so your family isn't wrong about dangers. I understand that much of Christianity comes off as too much moralizing and sinfulness - but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. One must have a mature understanding of Christian theology to discuss/argue with these so-called Christians. Fundamentalists are so off-base and wrong however, that it behooves one not to argue at all. Christian Gnosis is real, it is scripturally sound, and can be found in the Orthodox traditions for the most part. The Philokalia is the highest teaching of Christian contemplation there is IMHO and has parallel techniques in Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist Yoga. If you're gonna atand up to so-called Christians, you will have to do a whole lot better than get angry and swear. You're gonna have to learn a lot more about real Christianity than the frightened and superstitious people who only Think they're Christians. Veritas, Lux et Pax.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #408893 - 09/30/01 02:24 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Break up your post into paragraphs for readability.

I agree with you though.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

Re: Christians please reply. [Re: Jellric]
    #409224 - 09/30/01 01:04 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ya know, I was avoiding that statement... but yeah.
Some of us have short attention spans or can get overwelmed by a huge block of words...

presentation is everything

Time is not the killer... we are the killers of time.
Go here...http://anzwers.org/free/braindrain

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order