Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
Re: Heaven and Hell - places of existence? [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #785374 - 07/29/02 10:56 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think you are starting to get it "Don't tell me how to live"; period. Why must religious organizations make, what THEY consider to be a sin, illegal? Why can't I smoke a doob or drink some "tea", right now, in my own home without committing a felony? I'll tell you. Because the use of plants, for spirtiual endevours, as seen BY CHRISTIANS to be worshipping a god other than their particular version of the "invisble man", so they conspired with politicians to make these plants illegal.

Another thing, don't confuse an atheist with someone like myself. I am not an athiest, I do not discount the possibility that there may be a God/Goddess. I do not have a religion based on proposing that their is no god. What I am, is a man with a rational mind, who has, as yet, found no reason to beleive that God exists in any form. I do propose that the God that most religions espouse as the one true God, does NOT exist and that their is no proof, whatsoever, that their is ONE bit of historical truth to the bible. It, the bible, is what it is, a book of good and bad storys, meant to deter one from committing acts of immorality. I don't need a childrens fantasy book to do this, as I said, I am a rational man. I need no other method for determing, ON MY OWN, what a moral action is and going ahead with that action; most adults, once upon a time, thought the same as I do now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: Heaven and Hell - places of existence? [Re: mr freedom]
    #785413 - 07/29/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I do propose that the God that most religions espouse as the one true God, does NOT exist and that their is no proof, whatsoever, that their is ONE bit of historical truth to the bible.

no proof? but my brother, i was under the impression that many historians of biblical times and closely following biblical times, backed up much of what was in the bible. should one make a statement before one is sure it is truth? wasn't it flavius josephus who backed up parts of the bible quite well, proving that at least those parts are very historical? what about Polycarp, Tertullian, Julius Africanus, Ignatius, Origen, Clement, and all the others that lived very soon after all these "myths" took place and validated every one?

but more importantly...you are rational? logical? i can see that my braa, and my compliments on it.
so why are you rational? what made you rational?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Heaven and Hell - places of existence? [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #786735 - 07/30/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I lived for over a year and a half as the best christain as I could. Belief was there. And yet everyday was still torment to me. And for the most part, every day is still torment. But now there is one differance. I try to live up to my standards. Not the standards of a so-called perfect being. I am more than willing to believe that some form of higher power got this ball rolling, but I don't think it is still here watching after us. I try to be a good person by my definition of it, and if when I die I am confronted by an omniscent being that can not appericate that, and it wishes to cast me out of its sight for all of time, then I say fine. I do not wish to be a member of any "heaven" that denounces me for my sinful nature when my humanity was created by god.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011