Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlue Heron
journeyman
Loc: Black burn
Living now
    #358559 - 07/21/01 11:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

For a long time I heard the whole universe was one, but just recently I came to realize why. Without the heart in the body, we would die. So that makes it a part of our bodies. Without the sun and water we would die, so the sun and water are also part of our bodies. Everything in this world is a part of our bodies on a bigger or smaller scale. So what you do to it (the world), you do to yourself. And don't think I'm on some old religious shit, cause I don't follow religion because it's an illusion, (made up, not real) just like everything else in this world; from politics to culture to law to the concept of time to the language we speak. Everything is something someone made up and people continue to follow as if it's real. For time to exist there would have to be a past and future but there is no past nor future, for real. Real is something that you can touch physically and can touch you physically. The past (memories) and the future (imagination) are made up of the same thing dreams are made up of - they don't exist, except in your mind. You can't touch them. The only thing you can touch is the present, but all of our lives we walk around in dream land thinking about the past and future (what have I done or what am I going to do) and end up missing now. By thinking, you're not here in the present because it's impossible to think in the present. You can only act in the present.

But by years and years of schooling and borrowed knowledge we create clouds of thoughts wich constantly run through our minds, jumping from one to the next, preventing us from living in the real-ality. Most people are living in the mind like they are the mind or like the mind is them, when actually the mind is like the body - simply a tool. I have come to the realization that we are not the mind because of the fact that we can witness our own thoughts. If you can witness your own thoughts then you must be separate from them because you can only witness that which you are not. You can't witness yourself, you can only be yourself. That's why you can't see your own face without the help of something else else, like a mirror. But even those who realize that they are not the mind are still victims to non-stop thoughts moving through the mind. These thoughts create te barrier that keeps you in dreamland and unable to be consciously aware of the present, because mind doesn't exist in the present.

The mind divides everything. For instance, if you were in the mind you'd think concepts like night and day or life and death were two different things, but in realality they're one. They're opposite poles of the same phenomenon. Without one, the other couldn't exist. To define death you would have to use life (like, without life) and vice versa. The world is made up of opposites but only through the mind. The mind needs labels, names, and judgements to keep up its movement, never letting you see things for what they are. There are always labels: beautiful, ugly, good, bad, etc... Someone might see a person as pretty, another might see the same person as ugly, another might not even care, but none of these are what the person is in reality. They are in your mind's creations; and they don't allow you to see reality. If you tried to stop the thoughts from moving through the mind for 60 seconds, you would find it nearly impossible. Even when we are asleep the mind keeps moving. That's why we have dreams. Our whole being is clouded by the mind, which has all sorts of thoughts jumping around.

So I won't bring myself back to dream land, back in the mind, which I have disintegrated to live in the real. Some might say I'm crazy, but in reality, I'm just out of mind. The future is mystery, the past is history, but today is a gift and that's why it's called the present. Live now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: Living now [Re: Blue Heron]
    #360187 - 07/24/01 05:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hola.
look into buddhism, you'll like it alot. e.g.:
>If you tried to stop the thoughts from moving through the mind >for 60 seconds, you would find it nearly impossible.
would be meditating. lettin rigpa glow and all...

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #360192 - 07/24/01 05:18 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I won't make a long answer or read the whole thing but will be honest in saying that its really easy to understand that one stick relies on the other stick to make this stickhouse stand. Good luck seems like you just started some journey or something go ahead and see everything true and false and go back to being what you were but different changing into yourself and then changing into yourself again all that bs and then try to live and then have problems and then leave and come back to yourself and wonder why you talk to people and wonder what you will do and destroy your life to make it real.

:frown:

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #360302 - 07/24/01 08:51 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I like that... ;-)

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #360547 - 07/25/01 04:31 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

> The mind divides everything.

Who makes the distinction between "the mind" and "everything"?

-------
just another attempt of a finger to point at itself

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#361831 - 07/27/01 03:42 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

reading that made me smile.

_______
peace & koolaid :D

'fuck off and die!' - pc

--------------------
look buddy,,

Offline~`Tursiops truncatus`~
enthusiast

Loc: CO... UsA
Re: Living now [Re: TrippeeChik]
    #362254 - 07/27/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

"One day I wiped out all the notions from my mind. I gave up all desire. I discarded all the words with which I thought and stayed in quietude. I felt a little queer-as if I were being carried into something, or as if I were touching some power unknown to me. . . and Ztt! I entered. I lost the boundary of my physical body. I had skin, of course, but I felt I was standing in the center of the cosmos, I spoke but my words had lost their meaning. I saw people coming towards me, but all were the same man. All were myself! I had never known this world. I had believed that I was created, but now I must change my opinion: I was never created; I was the cosmos; no individual Mr. Sasaki existed".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder