Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: beforethedawn]
    #26003970 -

A pine plantation on sandy scrub land looks quite similar to one planted over cleared native eucalpytus forest to the untrained eye. I have found pine forests which border and displace ideal native habitat are usually full of subs while those in less than idyllic locales or bordering forest devoid of subs are also usually barren.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken] * 1
    #26004013 -

Just a pic i forgot to upload from yesterday, little sub pin growing beside an alutacea??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Jimgub]
    #26004122 -

A gill shot would help but it looks like Deconica to me. Nice finds:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken]
    #26004397 -

Anyone had luck the last day or so?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Nipnip]
    #26004798 -

Guys, to say i'm disappointing is an understatement;

So i've only being doing this for a year, and checking my 'Special Spot' over the last month or so and still, nothing at all, absolutely bone dry of Masgics, so i thought *Being an optimist* id try gain and still even after all the rain we've had and perfect conditions nothing;

I did however stumble across these Aholes;



which got my hopes up just a little that i thought maybe i better keep looking, so after another hour searching and all hope fading i saw out the corner of my eye....









annnnnnnnd then i was absolutely crushed to see that they were not what i was after, i could have cried.

Im just not sure whats going on here, all the places ive visited bush/scrub/pine forest and nothing.



Ill keep looking, fingers crossed they show up in Winter which is not far off!


Keep up the good work eveyone! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: tay_vic13]
    #26004859 -

Went for a walk by a local creek trail late last night and took a torch just in case the rain had brought about anything special. Was surprised to run into a bloke and his mrs who were onto a little patch picking flat out ripping up roots and all. When I asked them if they had Subs they said "they were just picking up broken glass". While I though about the great cover storey they had, I didnt get a good feeling so I left them to it annoyed that a local patch is probably ruined.

Kept walking and about 100m down saw a light flickering in the bush. Thought no way, couldnt be more people out picking in the dark..... Say gday and turns out another young bloke was on the hunt and onto a few. Couldnt believe it! Good to know im not the only crazy one out hunting at night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: ChodeyNips]
    #26004900 -

ChodeyNips said:
Went out again, logging my 20th+ hour with 0 finds, spent another 2 hours hunting and again found no actives. I did spot this mushroom that looks like coral.


As I'm finally giving up, I make my way to the road I drove in on as I walked too far from the original path I took. Walking along the side of the road I spotted something that looked like a sub, thinking  oh its probably just another lookalike. I bend over and look at the stem and I couldn't believe it, I'd finally found some subs. Walking back to my car there were subs growing literally centimeters from the gravel road among grass, I ended up taking about 37g of fresh mushrooms home.



But what I don't understand is why were there mushrooms growing next to a road and I found them easily, yet I've spent so much time looking through the bushland and found only non-actives? My locale is north vic, hunting in and around pine plantations.



That has happened to me too.


--------------------
Subterranean Hermes, guardian of my father's realms,
Become my saviour and my ally, in answer to my prayer.
For I am come and do return to this my land.
- Aristophanes, The Frogs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Sweeper24]
    #26004906 -

Few subs (for sure) and alutaceas? (Awaiting spore prints) from today in central vic. Happy to have found most in native bushland, bit of a goal for the year to find more in native scrub. Not many, but beautiful mushrooms!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Jimgub]
    #26006808 -

Can't really contribute much else since all my patches are still bare as bones, so here's some myc loving some cardboard.


--------------------

The Shadecloth Food Dehydrator Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Rock1084]
    #26008222 -








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: beantown]
    #26008499 -

Despite knowing the weather has been far from optimal yet, anticipation got the better of me and I decided to check the usual spots. Low expectations was still a bummer to see absolutely no growth.

1st spot was blanketed in fresh woodchips due to some recent construction nearby.
2nd, following a hard to spot dirt trail out the back of a local park you reach a grassy opening that is absolutely beautiful. At the center is a tree line in the shape of a U. I've seen thousands upon thousands of N/A's grow here which is always an enjoyable challenge not to to trod on them navigating through.
Sadly the ground had pink spray markings all throughout and the ground a little disturbed, I presume means council spray or something similar?
Still looking here and there, but everything mostly just looked that little bit too dry.
Can't speak for anyone else, but eastern suburbs are turning up to be a slow season start.

Got a week straight worth of rain coming up however, I have a feeling this will turn it up to 11 and get things going wild out there :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: dd17]
    #26008506 -

Most of my spots have been completely dry too, not even any non-actives mostly. I have found about 100g fresh over the past week, but have been searching many hours, across half a dozen different suburbs (inner east/northeast).

Yesterday I found a new patch with a hundred or more baby pins though, desperate for some water. Hopefully soon!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: MarkyMach]
    #26008668 -

Weather is looking good from tomorrow for roughly at least a week in the eastern suburbs :crazy2:


mod edit:  Please see forum rule # 5:

5. Do not make threads or posts discussing or reporting the weather.
This includes complaining about the weather, asking if the current weather is "good for shrooms", or how long to wait after rain fall to go hunting.  If it has rained within the last 1-10 days, and the temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom you're looking for, and the time of year is correct then it is certain that that the mushroom you are looking for is growing.



--------------------
The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. - Steven Biko

You can judge the morality of a nation by the way the society treats its animals. -Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Alan Rockefeller (05/24/19 02:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: dd17]
    #26008779 -

Whatsup everyone. I've come across quite a few subs in recent days but I'm having heaps of trouble keeping them dry. I've been chucking them in the oven set to 50 degrees and taking them out when they're bone dry. I chuck them in a ziplock bag, chuck a silica pack in there make sure its airtight, then chuck that into an airtight jar with rice at the bottom of it and store that jar in the back of my closet. 10 minutes later I check on them and they're mushy again. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I don't have the money for a food dehydrator atm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: DoobieTime]
    #26008794 -

Mod edit:


5. Do not make threads or posts discussing or reporting the weather.
This includes complaining about the weather, asking if the current weather is "good for shrooms", or how long to wait after rain fall to go hunting.  If it has rained within the last 1-10 days, and the temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom you're looking for, and the time of year is correct then it is certain that that the mushroom you are looking for is growing.



Edited by Alan Rockefeller (05/24/19 02:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: DoobieTime]
    #26008960 -

DoobieTime said:
Whatsup everyone. I've come across quite a few subs in recent days but I'm having heaps of trouble keeping them dry. I've been chucking them in the oven set to 50 degrees and taking them out when they're bone dry. I chuck them in a ziplock bag, chuck a silica pack in there make sure its airtight, then chuck that into an airtight jar with rice at the bottom of it and store that jar in the back of my closet. 10 minutes later I check on them and they're mushy again. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I don't have the money for a food dehydrator atm.



They might seem dry after drying in the oven but they still have some moisture in them, I've had the same experience. Oven drying at low temps still requires the oven to be left on for several hours to get subs to be proper cracker dry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Warrk] * 1
    #26009535 -

I've experimented for the first time this year by putting fresh shrooms in an open container in the fridge. After about 4 days they are as dry as you'd get after leaving them in a food dehydrator. I was seriously surprised at how effective the fridge was. give it a shot.


--------------------

The Shadecloth Food Dehydrator Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Any.Mirrors]
    #26009713 -

Any.Mirrors said:
Spent the weekend out in the Otways and finally had my first taste of good fortune for the season. So many big clusters of big subs that, for the most part, were unfortunately a little bit too wet to pick.  Never seen anything like it before. So many pins too so Im definitely heading back out there next weekend.




Bloody hell.

Wish NSW was like that ASAP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: AzzA]
    #26009943 -

Has anyone had any luck around walhala? I go camping up there a fair bit but have never thought to have a look.

Mod edit:  Please see hunting forum rule # 4:

4. Do not ask about current finds in your area.
These posts have been flooding the forum for years. If you're curious about if mushrooms are growing in your area, get out there and look! Mushrooms don't read the books. Sometimes they fruit outside of season. There is no set date for any season, only vast generalizations. Your best bet is that if it's close to the season for the mushroom you are looking for and its been raining, you just might find some.


Edited by Alan Rockefeller (05/24/19 02:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2019** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Rock1084]
    #26010768 -

Rock1084 said:
I've experimented for the first time this year by putting fresh shrooms in an open container in the fridge. After about 4 days they are as dry as you'd get after leaving them in a food dehydrator. I was seriously surprised at how effective the fridge was. give it a shot.



A lot of people rubbished my post ages ago talking about this but the proof is in the pudding, it works, well done Rock!

Note that the fridge has to be a frost-free sort to have this dehydrating effect on shrooms. I noticed quite a bit of blueing of my subs after they were dried in the fridge this way and felt that maybe psilocin was being oxidised through this slow drying technique so I stopped doing it this way and went the low temp oven route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,095 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,661 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,949 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Everyone from the PNW please check this out!! id... kadakuda 2,535 14 09/15/04 08:31 PM
by thearmedforces
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,496 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Melbourne Victoria Australia (many pics, subs/ spores etc)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
suboriginal 88,065 60 06/17/18 02:56 AM
by Scibe23
* ID Request, Melbourne cap_rpr 486 3 05/07/21 08:55 AM
by Warrk
* ID Request: 27 photos in SE suburbs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU veritas_VIC_AU 20,843 10 04/25/03 09:05 AM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
56,502 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 62 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.