Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: balance777]
    #24231165 -

Thanks for the info, balance. Debating whether I should try something like that, but I too am probably moving next year. At the very least, I'm spreading some spores around some other woody spots near that patch. Figure it's probably safer to let nature take its course and hope for more flushes this spring. Maybe someone else will happen upon them like I did in the years to come.

These ovoids are the only gilled thing I've seen aside from hordes of Lacrymaria, so you're not alone. It's still early.

And yeah, that's the nice thing about ovoids and morels - they can share the same habitat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: breeg89]
    #24231314 -

I too have also found some of my densest finds growing directly from logs. I have also found 3 different phenotypes in the same location. Also, my spot isn't like anything you guys post. I have found Ovoids in the usual spots like some people posted earlier with small streams n sandy banks. However the spot that produces the most for me is along a major river in the overflow areas.. roughly 40ft wide?


--------------------

Edited by DubSpore (04/09/17 09:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24231346 -

They produce more on bigger pieces of wood. I don't see any logs, just broken down pieces of big wood. When I say log I mean something that actually resembles a piece of a big tree. Laying on the ground, not under it.

When I find galerina it's usually like in the picture. Even though I know it can grow anywhere, they mostly fruit on downed trees. I was just trying to give harrytrips a little more info.


Edited by cannabinated (04/09/17 11:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: cannabinated]
    #24231406 -

cannabinated said:
They produce more on bigger pieces of wood. I don't see any logs, just broken down pieces of big wood. When I say log I mean something that actually resembles a piece of a big tree. Laying on the ground, not under it.

When I find galerina it's usually like in the picture. Even though I know it can grow anywhere, they mostly fruit downed trees. I was just trying to give harrytrips a little more info.





I see it all the time....


--------------------
WEILII



Ovoids

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: dickenz07]
    #24231432 -

ok

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: cannabinated]
    #24231479 -

Same here actual tree log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: cannabinated]
    #24231492 -

The river/large stream I hunt on.


And the habitat.



Just to help some people out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24231781 -

That's some rough shift to stomp through. I always feel like im missing out on my actives hunts because they all grow urban areas and idon't  get to be in the forests.
Or that they don't thrive in the wild :frown:
But Im lucky in retrospect .


--------------------
This is not a game. We are not players. We do not play.
Gymnopilus aeruginosus Gymnopilus luteofolius Panaeolopsis sp. Panaeolus bispora Panaeolus cinctulus Panaeolus olivaceus Pluteus salicinus Psilocybe allenii Psilocybe azurescens Psilocybe cyanescens Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata Psilocybe pelliculosa Psilocybe semilanceata Psilocybe stuntzii

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24231821 -

DubSpore said:
The river/large stream I hunt on.


And the habitat.



Just to help some people out.



So how far from the river are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter] * 1
    #24231962 -

(edit:  pic upload feature is being wonky for me rn.  some of the ovoid pics won't upload)

the wife and i got skunked for the first 2.5 hours at three spots...then she struck gold with this pair.




her name begins with H, lol:

 


then we observed a bunch more at this spot.  most were very young so either someone got the matures before us or this spot is just starting




this is the first time she has observed more than i have on one hunt...but i think i picked up a bluing Pluteus so i got that going for me

for some reason the pic upload feature isn't working correctly for me right now so all i have is this pic of the stem.  the colors in this pic are not completely accurate.  the blue was a more steel blue bruise than this appears.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic] * 1
    #24232140 -

relic said:
(edit:  pic upload feature is being wonky for me rn.  some of the ovoid pics won't upload)

the wife and i got skunked for the first 2.5 hours at three spots...then she struck gold with this pair.




her name begins with H, lol:

 


then we observed a bunch more at this spot.  most were very young so either someone got the matures before us or this spot is just starting




this is the first time she has observed more than i have on one hunt...but i think i picked up a bluing Pluteus so i got that going for me

for some reason the pic upload feature isn't working correctly for me right now so all i have is this pic of the stem.  the colors in this pic are not completely accurate.  the blue was a more steel blue bruise than this appears.






:rockon: Right on!  Nice find brother! That H is sweet! :headbang:

Edited by balance777 (04/10/17 10:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: balance777]
    #24232250 -

balance777 said:
:rockon: Right on!  Nice find brother! That H is sweet! :headbang:



thx.  we left all but a couple handfuls of the ovoids.  definitely left all of them that didn't have mature gills yet.

we got to the T spot--your old stomping grounds--before 8 am and there was literally nothing happening there but a bunch of myc.  they're doing a re-mulching project so we stopped by on the way home and planted a few stem butts in their mulch pile  :devil:

the other place, the one i turned you on to last year, is really just getting started...or like i said in that previous message, someone got there sometime last week during the week and harvested the mature specimens.  there is a whole other area on the east end that we looked at for a few mins which looks promising but then we packed up and went to the other spots (where you went behind me last year).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic] * 1
    #24232312 -

Was in Pa. looking for some early morells....didn't find any but did find some ramps....shouldn't be much longer.

Congrats on the finds Relic and everyone else!...My guess is they'll start popping this week around here.:mushroom2:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic]
    #24232319 -

Found a river with some sandy banks and lots of woody debris. Have yet to find ovoids though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter] * 1
    #24232327 -

va hunter said:
DubSpore said:
The river/large stream I hunt on.


And the habitat.



Just to help some people out.



So how far from the river are you?



The forest stretches out no more than 300ft from the river then turns into a bike path. Then more forest on the other side of the bike path. I've never found any in the forest on the opposite side of the bike path because it begins to slant upwards. (Steep hill) The side where the river is has this basically 10 foot drop in then a good half mile of flood zone that I hunt. Then the river is roughly another 8 ft below you. The spot has multiple smaller streams/run offs that flood every season then dry up. The ovoids tend to be on the islands in between these natural drainage ditches, roughly 200ft from the river. I never find many close to the river. Idk hope this helps some people.

From my experience, they grow in the highest quantities in the spots where 99% of people would say, "Fuck that! No way I'm walking through that."

I just get a stick and constantly move weeds, ticks, and spiders out of my way and constantly look at the ground moving weeds out of the way to get a better look at the ground.

Good luck out there all of ya'll new comers and veterans.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24232350 -

I did find one little dried up ovoid yesterday.  I only had about a half hour to look around and it was in the evening.  The sun was on the horizon and I couldn't see shit.  But its starting to kick off here in eastern ky.  The weather looks good this week. I have a real good feeling about this weekend.  Everybody's finds look awesome.  I love this time of year Lol.

PS.  Everybody talking about the log fruiters,  there's a good pic of a couple in my SIG.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24232363 -

DubSpore said:
From my experience, they grow in the highest quantities in the spots where 99% of people would say, "Fuck that! No way I'm walking through that."




:lol:    totally, man.


and RE: this last weekend...i think that wind on THU & FRI really did a number on what would've been a good weekend flush.  there were about a dozen small aborts that we harvested in addition to the matures because there was no way they were gonna grow after being so desiccated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: DubSpore]
    #24232429 -

Thanks 4 the advice.  The spot I hunted yesterday eve. had a LOT of overgrowth areas that I didn't try.  I thought that they would get chocked out by the thick weeds, so I stuck to the old road & fishing flats because they had walnut trees & sandy soil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Psyche delics]
    #24232446 -

Psyche delics said:
Found a river with some sandy banks and lots of woody debris. Have yet to find ovoids though.




Where are you that there's nothing green whatsoever?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: koods]
    #24232652 -

Hey everybody, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while and love to read about your finds. This is my 2nd year looking for ovoids but no luck yet. I hope to find some soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,490 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,622 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPRING 2021
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mr Piggy 6,391 61 10/03/21 03:51 PM
by justjarvis
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,946 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Ovoid hunting Mr_enforcer1 1,037 9 05/06/21 05:57 AM
by Sporespreder
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,088 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,657 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* April 1st begins my searches for ovoids (PA)
( 1 2 3 all )
ipickPA 11,365 58 04/15/09 01:04 PM
by rastaman99996

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
104,873 topic views. 1 members, 25 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.