Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24157983 -

:awedance:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: rhizoRider]
    #24158975 -

Nice to see MD on the map.
Shocking with the snow that's about to roll in.
Can't believe you spotted those Stevo, good eye!


--------------------
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.  
- William Blake


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: 3B3B4E]
    #24158993 -

Ready for the east coast mushroom porn...
Nice work. Keep it coming. Just talked to my sister in eastern PA and she said they are expecting up to 2 ft of snow in next couple days. It will be interesting to see how the early spring, followed by a burst of late winter, affects the ovoid season.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 *DELETED* [Re: avidpicker]
    #24159083 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24159634 -

Hell yeah stevo.  I checked some spots today.  Nothing.  Mostly scouted around.  I have a real good feeling about the old abandoned sawmill about a mile upstream.  Its sitting right on the creek and hasn't been touched by equipment or anything for several years.  Had plenty time to cook haha.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 *DELETED* [Re: funkmaster89]
    #24159693 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24161521 -

When hunting ovoids, how cold can your night time temps get, and still be able to find some? I got some high 50's low 60's day temps coming up, with a couple days of rain. Nights will be mid 30's though. I know they are not confirmed in Illinois, but I plan on spending spring hunting them along a river that eventually leads into the Ohio River, as I am on the eastern edge. Best chance of finding wild psilocybe in Illinois.


--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: stevo]
    #24161899 -

stevo said:
The sawmill sounds like the best ever place to search for mushrooms.  Not only because its a sawmill but they take trees from all around and concentrate it in one spot.  I don't think the season has really started though.  We had a week or 2 where the temperature was like summer and this spot just so happened to stay wet enough.  I think the pine needles helped with that.

I will try to keep my eyes pealed at the landfill for the same reason.  I hope I don't have to go to the landfill anytime soon though.




I have been thinking the same thing.  My theory is that it could be the epicenter of all the patches I've found downstream.  There has to be a patch there.  There's piles of chips, sawdust, logs, boards setting right on the creek. I found a patch with old chunks of sawed boards buried covered with mycelium about 500 yards from the mill.  The creek floods often but the mill doesn't get it every time, only when it comes a BIG flood about once every 10 years. and if not, I'm planting some mycelium there anyways so there will be a patch there later.  Its a win, win.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: funkmaster89]
    #24162600 -

I'm determined to find ovoids this season. Once I get my hands on some spores I'll introduce them into the woods and help them proliferate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: LucidWanderlust]
    #24162650 -

Subbed. Good luck out there guys stay safe and aware.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Adden]
    #24162829 -

Sweet those look awesome


--------------------
PEACE, LOVE AND PSYCHEDELICS


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Loveshroomz777]
    #24163125 -

The sawmill sounds like a really fun hunt. Lucky dog.


--------------------
This is not a game. We are not players. We do not play.
Gymnopilus aeruginosus Gymnopilus luteofolius Panaeolopsis sp. Panaeolus bispora Panaeolus cinctulus Panaeolus olivaceus Pluteus salicinus Psilocybe allenii Psilocybe azurescens Psilocybe cyanescens Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata Psilocybe pelliculosa Psilocybe semilanceata Psilocybe stuntzii

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TheHunt]
    #24164565 -

TheHunt said:
The sawmill sounds like a really fun hunt. Lucky dog.



The mill was my first job out of high school.  It was shut down because of the huge flood we had here about 10 years ago.  Its gonna be fun once I get there but its a heller hike through rough terrain and I also have to swim the creek.  I'm not even going to attempt it until I know they are fruiting good.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: funkmaster89]
    #24164595 -

lol...You are one dedicated follower of the ovoidiocystidiata mushie my friend....not sure I'd swim a creek.....maybe wade across one, but def not swim. It does sound like a great place to place some spawn though.:mushroom2: Good luck to you and your endeavors.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24165435 -

Haha yeah I'm a wild man.  And its not that bad, chest deep at most.  That's why I didn't do it last year and then I realized I was being a bitch lol ive committed over the winter, had to psych myself up.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: funkmaster89]
    #24165811 -

There's not another shallower crossing?  You had said "you used 2 wrk there, but it's been closed down since it flooded 10 yrs bk"  What about the road going into it or is that not a safe route?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter] * 2
    #24165812 -

LOL, fuck it swim that shit! I have swam a creek/river wtf ever you want to call it, to check a plant patch before. You don't want to be taking the same path to places that can get you in trouble.


--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24165844 -

TheMadHatter420 said:
You don't want to be taking the same path to places that can get you in trouble.



Word.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #24166195 -

Yeah swim that shit man, makes it even more of an adventure!! Just bring a waterproof bag to transport all your goodies back! Shit man plant some Pot back there too!


--------------------


*TRADE LIST* https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23855008 *TRADE LIST*



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24166920 -

TheMadHatter420 said:
When hunting ovoids, how cold can your night time temps get, and still be able to find some? I got some high 50's low 60's day temps coming up, with a couple days of rain. Nights will be mid 30's though. I know they are not confirmed in Illinois, but I plan on spending spring hunting them along a river that eventually leads into the Ohio River, as I am on the eastern edge. Best chance of finding wild psilocybe in Illinois.



Are you very southern Illinois? Maybe... but they havn't been found in Indiana yet so I don't know.. you are close to Kentucky if ypu are looking in very southern Illinois so who knows.. it'd be awesome to see them found in IL.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,490 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPRING 2021
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mr Piggy 6,391 61 10/03/21 03:51 PM
by justjarvis
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Ovoid hunting Mr_enforcer1 1,037 9 05/06/21 05:57 AM
by Sporespreder
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,069 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,653 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* April 1st begins my searches for ovoids (PA)
( 1 2 3 all )
ipickPA 11,365 58 04/15/09 01:04 PM
by rastaman99996

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
104,873 topic views. 1 members, 19 guests and 35 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.