Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Pre-Adamic Race on earth???
    #468427 - 11/24/01 04:29 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: World Spirit]
    #468470 - 11/24/01 05:48 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Is impossible to get into any discussion on this board without bringing in aliens - but you know that.

Read up on evolution. We were theoretically preceded by several proto-human species.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Swami]
    #468510 - 11/24/01 06:35 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
    #468561 - 11/24/01 07:44 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

at the risk of going off track a bit, i'd just like to say that although evolution hasn't necessarily been proven true, the evidence we have weighs highly in its favor. also, you are christian, i believe.. a few years ago pope john paul ii reconciled the church's views with science and accepted evolution as being able to co-exist with the theory of creation. they also changed the definition of hell to "the state of being of those who are away from god"..

as for 'intelligent' races existing before humans, as swami said there were other humanoid species, like the neanderthals, evolving around the same time as homo sapiens but i believe we beat the shit out of them or something in the course of our evolution. i think it is possible that perhaps a species as or more intelligent than us existed a long, long, time ago and maybe there was a huge disaster that wiped away all traces of them... maybe.

--------------------
---

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Amoeba665]
    #468578 - 11/24/01 08:04 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Watch "2001" if you want to see a visual referance of humanities first victory. (beat down those less smart...)

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Amoeba665]
    #468659 - 11/24/01 10:10 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
    #468703 - 11/24/01 11:33 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Nah, I don't wanna flame your beliefs. Why should I? About the adam and eve question. That's a good question. Here's one you gotta know... if we found adam and eve frozen perfectly in a block of ice how could we know for sure it was them? ... They would not have belly-buttons, that is to say, they would have had to have been created not from umblical cords and a womb and a mother and father.

Actually in science there IS an Eve. She is known as the Mitochondria Eve by descent of genes (somehow the rigorous tests and genious of science has good evidence this way, I'm not a genetic biologist so I can't explain it). This is an Eve derived by tracing backwards in time.

Actually science is quite convinced (at least the upper eschelon scientists) that all humanity came from a single tribe (or family in Biblical terms) and not from "popping up" all over the world.

So you are not wrongly pursuing the truth. The Biblical terminology is the basis of the thruth about adam and eve. (It goes deeper than this as you know how the Bible has so many layers of depth of wisdom to it).

I hope that supports your ideas more than anything else. :smile:

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: oneoverzero]
    #468724 - 11/25/01 12:03 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #468782 - 11/25/01 01:04 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Read the _Lost Book of Enki_ by Zechariah Sitchin.

It was published not to long ago... Simply an astounding Find.

There are over 4000 errors in the Human genetic code. Why?

Our "closest" relatives in the animal kingdom are Chimps. They have no errors in thier genetic code. not one.

How does one explain the UFO phenomenon?

Why does the Pope contradict The Biblical Story of Creation by stating that Evolution is Compatable with Creation?

Is there something they know that we do not?

There are others like us in the universe. They are already here, and have been for thousands of years. The real question is how do we deal with thier presence? Or rather. How will they deal with us?

How would they look upon us as a race?

I think we as a human race should stop acting like grabby little apes and start to deal with the fact that we are not alone. I for one would be concerned about human internecine war spreading to the void. On this planet there are no other beings that behave as we do. Animals fight and kill to survive and eat. We kill our own species out of selfish interest, and imagined reality.

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468801 - 11/25/01 01:35 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #468808 - 11/25/01 01:50 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

They've found more than one neanderthal, enter, tho granted they all had to be "interpreted" by someone -- Occams Razor rears it's ugly visage here, cause cataloging morphological differences within/between a species is a better way of finding its true designation than saying "erm, perhaps we just caught Ms. Flintstone on a bad day..."

...and the earlier human ancestors are unmistakebly "inhuman" but they're just as clearly not run-of-the-mill apes, either...

I've always wondered how christians feel about other aspects of evolution -- antibiotic-resistant bacteria, plant evolution etc? Is it the mechanism of evolution that they object to, or the idea that human consciousness could arise gradually(note the care I take not to say "accidentally" ;) ), without the direct intervention of God?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Pynchon]
    #468827 - 11/25/01 02:12 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #468841 - 11/25/01 02:25 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

*cough* mindcontrol *cough*

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Felstorm]
    #468860 - 11/25/01 02:52 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

heh heh, I'm pretty sure we did evolve... some way or another. I find it interesting that the Pope has decided that science and religion can fit together, and that he has accepted and seemingly embraced the evolution theory. I don't think either one rules the other out...
It is said that there is a secret held by the Church, and that only a few know about it. There are in fact many secrets, but apparently there is one in particular that the Pope has vowed to never reveal. I think this sucks, and I want to know what the hell it is. What's he tryin to prove anyhow? If he knows something, but he ain't sharin it, how am I supposed to believe in the rest of this stuff? Well, whatever. Lying bastard. (This secret would supposedly devestate the Christian community... So, knowing that, why the hell would anyone have faith in this guy?) I want answers.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pre-Adamic Race on earth??? [Re: Ulysees]
    #468874 - 11/25/01 03:11 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#468886 - 11/25/01 03:25 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Christian, Catholic, I have no idea... Whatever. The fact remains that he's hiding something (apparently).
And about the 6-day creation deal, I think this is one hugely misunderstood story of some sort.
You say that the evolution theory negates the creation theory, because of the time frames involved... And then you go ahead and side with the creation theory, despite there being actual proof of the evolution theory (if not in man, though I'm sure there is, then in most every other creature on this planet).
I'm not trying to insult your beliefs, I just think that the conventional creation theory is probably wrong. Unless 6 God days equals 25 billion earth years or something...
These are the facts: The bible doesn't document people as sharing the planet with one celled organisms and crap until they all evolved. Nor does the bible document people living alongside dinosaurs... So if we were created by God, it was a long ways into the earths life. (Perhaps he started out small?) I think the birth of humans and the birth of God coincide quite nicely, and maybe that's why he worships us. We made him... Who's your daddy God? That's right... heh heh.
If you look at some of Jesus' writings from this mindset, you can see quite clearly that the Genesis things is a little askew... Or misunderstood. How much of that book is literal anyhow? (actually, I don't know.)

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#468892 - 11/25/01 03:32 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

To put this more clearly, where do you think the dinosaurs came from? Unless the government planted the bones so that we could have this very discussion, they were obviously here long before us, and there were things here long before them. So, unless God created them, than screwed around for a few eons, then wiped them out, and made some other stuff, screwed around a little more... Eventually deciding to make people (and doing a very interesting job of it no less. Why do we have some of the worst eyes on the planet, the worst sense of smell... I wanna know that God. Why you wanna keep a brotha down? Why give a measly eagle eyes that are, oh, I don't remember how many times better than ours, if we're created in your image... You got glaucoma or something? Maybe you got a stick in the eye during a heavenly polo game?)

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (11/25/01 03:36 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #468893 - 11/25/01 03:32 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#468904 - 11/25/01 03:42 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

It wasn't meant to be condescending. These are some simple facts, facts that I have to consider when I make my decisions. I'm just wondering if you've considered them, and how you've worked them into your beliefs.
I'm certainly not going to get into a fist fight over the internet. Especially not about something like this, as how Godly would that be of me? (I gotta represent you know, I was created in my masters image.) ;)

What if I'm wrong? I don't deny that it's a possibility. I don't have all the answers, and I don't claim that I'm surely right, but I have said some things that you may or may not be able to ignore. The path to enlightenment is through learning, not just stopping when you've finished the bible.

My thoughts will continue to evolve, and if I settle on Creationism, so be it. I don't find it likely though.
You have to take in all the information you can get, and mix it up a little. ;) No one source will ever have all the answers, even if that source claims to be fed by God. (Of course I can't deny the possibility that I am wrong even in this thought.)

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#468905 - 11/25/01 03:44 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Umm, to clarify that further:
You've got to constantly challenge your ideals and your beliefs. If you don't, you aren't learning anything are you?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology