Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution
    #4061802 - 04/16/05 08:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Preface:
Once I got typing, I was too compelled to stop... I encourage everyone to read it, nevertheless, despite how long it may have gotten... I'd do the same for you!  :smile: Also, I haven't read it or went through it or anything like that, as I don't want to interfere with the specific flow of thought that occured, so I'm sure there are a few errors here and there. :wink:

Before we begin, I must first welcome you all to my lair. You are now within my realm.... that is, you are experiencing my realm through an indirect medium. :wink:

None of you will sense my conscious presence, but at this moment, and, of course, in every moment, I am full of conscious presence, just as you all are. What degree of this conscious presence you are aware of is determined by yourself and the way your mind functions, naturally. Alas, this is not the main current that we are to flow through at this time, for I have something that I wish to discuss, here within my lair. :lol:

Evolution! The advancement of genetic material over time, carried through a physical medium, the propagation of living beings. But, also, the evolution of thought and of concept, existing within a mental space, and transferred from these mental realms through a physical interaction, that interaction being commonly reffered to as communication.

Often times I will encounter those who place a considerable emphasis on evolution, usually the form of it in relation to physical evolution. They assert that it is the reason for our existance, to propagate, and they protect aspects of human behavior and certain aspects of the human mind that, according to them, are necessary for the survival of our race.

I often will find striking similarites to this in other forms of our society, as well as our concepts that we form. For instance, I think the idea of an external God and an external Heaven that must be strived for, the commonplace Christian ideology resembles this, as well as the advancement of Western civilization. Both symbolize an endless strive to some ultimate goal, achievement, attainment.

I personally cannot see some ultimatum that evolution is working towards; that is, I do not see the purpose of the continous advancement of our race in the terms that I hear most proclaim. I think evolution, the progression of being, is a sheer dynamic process that has a multitude of multi-faceted hierarchy of goals.

That is to say, perhaps at one time, evolution involved the flourishment of human beings, that the main current of flow was simply to survive and to multiply. However, I believe that these currents change when other factors come into play. Focus is shifted when we come to different points along the path, so to speak. I think the model is a multi-leveled hiearchy, where one must complete one level before beginning the next.

For instance, evolution can be clearly and logically seen to not only consist of mere survival and propagation when one realizes the nature of the environment which we exist within. Limitations and boundaries exist, and these are factors that play a part in this. Survival does not consist of distinguishing between threat to life and that which assists life, and reproduction anymore as we become aware of more variables that play a part in our existance. Survival now includes with it a sense of one's environment, of maintaining those conditions that allow for our survival.

This also implies conceptual change. Our thought processes will change as we become aware of more, as we gain more understanding. We have to take more things into consideration. We have to evaluate the depths of our actions, of the effects that we are having on ourself and our advancement as a race. Obviously, we cannot continue to reproduce in order to survive, as there is a barrier on the amount of life that this planet can, through natural or through our own means, sustain. Three liters of liquid will not all fit inside a two liter plastic bottle.  The continuation of one human life has requirements that need to be fufilled. In terms of basic resources necessary for that sustainment of life, such as water, oxygen, nutrients, etc., there is an obvious limit to how much life we can sustain on this planet.

It is now that I ask, "Is the purpose of evolution the achievement of the greatest multitude of life?' Clearly, it is not. Our purpose in this moment is not to achieve any furture attainment, our purpose doesn't seem to be to achieve anything at all. I will not openly address just what that purpose is, as I don't think that anyone is priveleged to have access to some objective knowledge of our purpose, if any, but I will stress that it seems to have more to do with our present moment and our state of being, our experience of reality. Alas, once again, that is not the main current of this which I express at this time. :grin:

A very important aspect of our race, and of the evolution of that race, is our mind. Our mind seems to be the very thing that has allowed us to create that which we have created. As I was mentioning earlier, the more factors we take into consideration, the more awareness we have about us, the more understanding we have of whatever it is that we have considered. Our thought processes, therefore, change as a result of that.

Thus, I propose that the more we evolve, the more the manner in which our minds operate will, as a result, change. The mind is an essential, integral, necessary aspect of our experience of reality. The more we become aware of aspects of reality, through our mind, the more our mind naturally transforms. The mind seems to reconfigure itself, based on what understanding it has, to prepare for the next moment, for the oppurtunity to experience reality from a more encompassing perspective so that it can once again take into consideration more aspects of reality, once more bringing forth a change in the mind.

Experience, in the moment (as there is no other moment in which to experience, of course :tongue:) is what comes into being as a result of a series of interactions. Operations within the mind, signals collected through senses, changes in our environment.... Our experience, our being is a result of all of these things, all of these processes that allow for life and that which subsequently comes to be as a result of life. The more experience that a mind is priveleged to, the more aware the mind becomes of aspects of reality that play a part in the creation of that experience.

It is through interaction with our environment and within the mind that change is produced. Any interaction, it seems, is communication, exchange. The more that one experiences, the more that one communicates, the more variables that one is able to take into consideration, the more aware the mind becomes of the environment and of the reality in which we exist.

Take into consideration how our environment has changed as we have physically evolved, as time has passed since we have were established as a race. Consider how humans have interacted with each other, in every form that interaction occurs. It seems as though interaction, communication, exchange, whichever term you wish to use to represent two variables involved with related action (I prefer all three, apparently :wink:), produces a connection between that which has interacted and communicated. When two variables interact, they become related to each other. They interface, they become aware of each other (if said variables are capable of being consciously aware). These variables' existance thus becomes identified with the existance of the other variable.

Through communication, through interaction, through interface with our environment, we become more connected with our environment. The more aware of that environment we become, as a result of the interaction which has occured, ourselves and our environment become more defined as they relate to each other - they connect.

Now, I asked to take into consideration how our environment, how our society has advanced since our race was established. How has that environment, how has that society changed? Consider the effects that technology have had in this regard. I think that most anyone would agree that we have become more interconnected, whether that is in physical terms, such as infastructure and travel, or in more mental terms, such as the access to information and communication through the internet.

Where is evolution taking us? It seems as though we are at a point where the emphasis is no longer placed solely on physical evolution (although, obviously this is still a very important factor in evolution over all, as we must continue to survive in order for evolution to take its course). Where is it that we have arrived? What is the nature of this next level in the hiearchy?

Once again, it seems to me that evolution now concerns the mental realm more, that it concerns the nature of our environment, this reality, that we exist within and as an aspect of. I propose that it concerns becoming more realized, of everything. More consciously aware. The idea of some distant goal, something that we are constantly working towards to attain, seems to have been placed within us in order to insure that we would come to a point where we are aware enough of that which we need to be aware of so that we can enter our new roles, just like the programming that one instills in a child to ensure that he reaches adulthood. Such programming needs to be strong enough to protect the child, but not strong enough to trap the child in his child-like form. Will we shed our skin, metaphorically speaking (unless evolution also intends for us to actually lose our real skin  :eek: :wink:)?

Thus, as we enter a new level of evolution, as we grow into adulthood, so to speak, our minds enter a new, higher state of being, as we become more aware of the aspects of reality that relate to us. Our minds and the manner in which they operate transform. The thought processes of our childhood no longer play a part in the operation of our mind. The more aware we become of our environment, of reality, the more our perspective expands, which implies that our perspective becomes less centered on our illusory sense of self that served to ensure our survival up to this point. We project less onto reality and impose less on our perceptions, our subsequent understanding, thereby transforming our mind even further into something capable of understanding reality on an even higher level. We aquire wisdom, we enter a realm that transcends that which we used to identify with, as we now identify with everything.

..... and that is all I have for now. I would like to thank anyone with enough discipline and endurance to read through all of this, and I look forward to anything that anyone wishes to add to this... :thumbup: :laugh: :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4062562 - 04/16/05 03:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So, I'm sort of wondering.....

Who the fuck had nothing better to do but to constantly reload this page to make the view count 1000? :wtf:

Unless it was government agents, actually reading the thread.... :eek:

Seriously, though, what the fuck?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4062570 - 04/16/05 04:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's the agents.. what ever they say.. claim insanity! :wink:

h?h?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4062601 - 04/16/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

a seed need not become a plant, now, are you a seed, or a plant? :P

I'm thinking sperm and egg.. 

ah well, all in its time! :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4062721 - 04/16/05 05:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
1) Where is evolution taking us? It seems as though we are at a point where the emphasis is no longer placed solely on physical evolution (although, obviously this is still a very important factor in evolution over all, as we must continue to survive in order for evolution to take its course).

2) Where is it that we have arrived? Their isn't a unified evolution in terms of advancement... Look at skin color, pigmentation, dominance of genes, people with 6 fingers, etc... If it works, we keep it (because it wins the competition so to speak) if the individual with said adaptation is highly successful in life, they will spread their genes. It's a game of chance, a game of uncertainty.

3) What is the nature of this next level in the hiearchy?

4) Once again, it seems to me that evolution now concerns the mental realm more, that it concerns the nature of our environment, this reality, that we exist within and as an aspect of. I propose that it concerns becoming more realized, of everything. More consciously aware. The idea of some distant goal, something that we are constantly working towards to attain, seems to have been placed within us in order to insure that we would come to a point where we are aware enough of that which we need to be aware of so that we can enter our new roles, just like the programming that one instills in a child to ensure that he reaches adulthood. Such programming needs to be strong enough to protect the child, but not strong enough to trap the child in his child-like form. Will we shed our skin, metaphorically speaking (unless evolution also intends for us to actually lose our real skin  :eek: :wink:)?

Were you bored? :lol: long post, but nice.

1) Why does it seem that way? We are far from perfect in terms of our physicality, that is their is still much that is external (viruses, parasites, etc...), that we have yet to overcome. Perhaps it's only taking us where we see it as leading... I don't think that their is an overall uniformed goal, just like the mass of beliefs, so to are the way of genes (can play with meme adaptation and evolution in this regard, + competition). The one with the most staying power, and the ability to adapt most rapidly and to respond and protect itself will come out on top. Don't thing it's necessarily anything with a predetermined outlook.

2) Wherever you go their you are... no place in particular, just right over here.

3) Depends, a lot of genes are going to be lost shortly...

4) No, human maturity, and intellect has remained roughly the same in terms of it's perception of events in respects to the situation (time period, and level of advancement associated with it).

Kind of in line with this idea, but I don't recall the specifics of the situation (who wrote it, yet I vaguely recall the passage, perhaps someone knows it).... but some Greek (IIRC) philosopher had written something in regards to youth at the time period, one of my teachers told us his account of youth before telling who had written it. The whole damn class thought it was based on a modern writing due to the fact of it being so damn applicable in today's world, yet it was some 2,000 years old. (was a few years ago so I forget a bit of the specifis :shrug:)

-My $0.02.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4063167 - 04/16/05 08:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nice job! :thumbup: I liked the part about there being no set goal of evolution and about how you made your concept branch out and layer over time into a multitude of directions and places as experiential awareness increases.

You welcomed additions and I have a few considerations to add. It could come about that are physical bodies may evolve into not needing earths resources or the consumption of the them I should say to survive.

Consciousness may evolve into a from of body time sharing to accommodate space. Space on the planet itself may warp in some multi Dimensional way to accommodate more bodies (maybe it already has and wer are not aware of it) Some say it has or has been that way. We may evolve into space traveling beings and inhabit other star systems to continue the survival of our race as we freely multiply.

You can stretch your mind with the possibilities allowed for in your frame work. That's what makes it a good one to me.

The other thing I wanted to add is that its my understanding we have been in the era of mental evolution and are moving into the era of emotional evolution. The two combined with physical evolution adds to the layering and the multitudes of new creative possibilities to evolve into.

Nice head spin FW! :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4063395 - 04/16/05 09:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Great post!!!!!!.. Errr. the FIRST HALF :lol:
Quit making long posts and I can read it all in one sitting.
Until later, peace. :evil:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4064332 - 04/17/05 03:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Preface:

A very important aspect of our race, and of the evolution of that race, is our mind. Our mind seems to be the very thing that has allowed us to create that which we have created. As I was mentioning earlier, the more factors we take into consideration, the more awareness we have about us, the more understanding we have of whatever it is that we have considered. Our thought processes, therefore, change as a result of that.

:shocked: Aryan nation? Might want to specify your ethnicity or alter that.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4065558 - 04/17/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I was replying to Psychoactive when my computer restarted on me (hadn't saved a copy at that point), so I'll be replying to everyone tomorrow (on the positive side, it gives me more time to think :wink:).

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4065569 - 04/17/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Preface:

:shocked: Aryan nation? Might want to specify your ethnicity or alter that.

I think he was talking about the human race. But yes, may be important for that to be cleared up by him before a new Nazi movement gets started unbeknown-st to us.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4065583 - 04/17/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I think he was talking about the human race. But yes, may be important for that to be cleared up by him before a new Nazi movement gets started unbeknown-st to us.

Perhaps the formation of a new Nazi movement was exactly my hidden intention. :evil:

:evil:

:lol:

I was referring to the human race, of course, of course, oh Morse, your code steers the course, yo! :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #4071795 - 04/19/05 10:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wow you got over a TON of views on this!

Are there really government agents on this site viewing posts?  If so, they must be working overtime.  :wink:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4072318 - 04/19/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So is the 73 :whoa: anonymous users browsing this forum it shows right now. FW, they are on to you. Better move and change identities. :lol:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #4072359 - 04/19/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, you seem like an intelligent dude. But I ain't gonna read through all that crap you wrote. Keep it simple, Sam. Your last words are "Peace." Cool. Anything important to add to that?

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Conceptual Evolution And Physical Evolution [Re: wjames]
    #4073296 - 04/19/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbdown: :lol: So, you say he seems like an intelligent dude, skim through his post, don't give it any more relevance then his parting message... Perhaps you should follow his example and read the damn thing before judging it, it's ok to keep a simple subject simple, but things that are more complicated, need to be simplified :tongue:.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #4073825 - 04/19/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: @ psychoactive

anywho, fireworks, that post is definitely awesome. i myself am a fan of evolution, not just believing in it, but that it is what we must seek to do.

going forward, becoming stronger, in mind, body, and spirit.

mmm, i don't really know what i want to say, just that i appreciate your post  :thumbup:

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology