Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblesunyata
nonexistentexistentialist
Re: Evolution [Re: pattern]
    #2169154 - 12/08/03 11:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oy. That talkorigins.com site is just filled with creationist drivel. I don't understand how Mr Mushrooms ever thought it could pass for a non-religious, scientific website. Alzheimer's setting in maybe?  :smirk:

Here's just a sample (more articles from the front page, about two-thirds of the way down):

Quote:

GENERAL
?Scientific? American ?Refutes? Creation (T. Wallace)?Commentary on the latest sophomoric scholarship and bigotry invoked by a pillar of American ?mainstream science?.
Kansas prompts Anti-Christian Reactionary Propaganda ?Paul Ackerman, Ph.D., Jonathan Wells, Ph.D., Linda Holloway, and John Altevogt tell the truth about the Kansas School Board?s decision (well, somebody has to!).
Who?s Really Pushing Bad Science? (Jonathan Sarfati, Ph.D.)?responds to L.S. Lerner?s essay entitled ?Good Science, Bad Science? in which Lerner?s thinly veiled prejudice sadly compels him to confuse the two.
High Priest of Evolution Reveals His Religion (Gary L. Achtemeier)?cites some likely causes for Stephen J. Gould?s recent abandonment of his former masquerade concerning religion and science.
Population Polls on Creation in Public Schools (Jerry Bergman)?presents data from a broad series of polls concerning public schools and the origins controversy.
Do Creationists Publish in Notable Refereed Journals? (David Buckna)?contests a popular dishonest claims among many vocal evolutionists.
Does the Bible say Earth is Flat? (J.P. Holding)?challenges Paul H. Seely?s arbitrary (and erroneous) use of equivocal biblical language in claiming that the Bible teaches that the earth is flat.
The Tablet Theory of Genesis Authorship (Curt Sewell)?presents the ?tablet theory? concerning the origin of the written record of Genesis, affirming biblical reliability and man?s inherent literary nature.
Creationism (Helen Fryman)?a brief, but informative treatment of the myth that the Creation/Creator concept is foreign to all but the Christian worldview.
Darwinism and the Nazi Race Holocaust (Jerry Bergman)?examines the links between the ?science? of Darwinism and practice and ideology of Nazi racism.

Yeah, that's some great science writing going on there. Now I am not going to bother weighing in on the alleged evidence against evolutionary theory; just wanted to point out that this site clearly has a very specific agenda, and is just as reliable as Scorpio's or whatever his name is allaboutgod.com link. IMO people should generally try to be more careful with the claims to authoritative sources they toss around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Evolution [Re: pattern]
    #2169255 - 12/09/03 12:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'll just make this answer brief.

I know what you mean about arguing endlessly about this subject. I have spent countless hours debating and arguing this on several different message boards. In fact, most of the other message boards I particiapted in had their focus on evolution. At one, I argued with about 20 opponents simutaneously for about 9 months.

In the end, they choose to believe what they did against the findings of fact and the weight of the evidence.

Many people see this argument in terms of creationism versus evolution. It isn't. It is about whether evolution, as a historical fact, is correct. The fact that some people who believe in a personal Creator have uncovered or discovered facts that blow the theory apart has little bearing on what they say.

When the fossil evidence commends itself to GA's I will change my view. Until then I remain open to new evidence, honestly introduced, to change my mind.

To date I haven't seen any.

This is my final post on this subject in this thread.

Nice discussing this with you.

PS: I wrote this before sunyata's post but the server crashed again. The information is out there for those who have "ears to hear".

Cheers,

MM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies