Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Greater threat to my life?
    #4230170 - 05/28/05 01:54 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If I were to take a picture of me pissing on a Koran and also take one of me pissing on the bible and posted the koran one on a muslim website, and a christian one on a christian website along with my name and address... from whom is my life in greater danger from?

I would be willing to wager the muslims would actually try to kill me, while the christians would just shake their head in disgust.

What does that tell about the respective nature of each religion, or the followers?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: looner2]
    #4230175 - 05/28/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It tells you that the muslims are more in-depth into their religion, if you posted it on some really hardcore christian site somewhere im sure you would be killed just as quickly.

OfflineRetired
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4230190 - 05/28/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but on average i think you are right in saying a middle-east religion is going to murder you for their religious beliefs...

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: Retired]
    #4230198 - 05/28/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Its culturally biased as well, middle-east has alot of killing and such, they grow up with it, americans dont, you show that to a muslim in AMERICA youll get the same response as a christian in AMERICA, you really need to leave cultural biases out of your religious agenda.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4230204 - 05/28/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on the time.

Try that 4 or 5 centuries ago, and see what would happen then. The reason the Christians nowadays would be less likely to resort to violence is because Christian fundamentalism as a whole has been on the decline since Christian countries have improved more economically and scientifically than the Muslim countries had. If the situation was reversed, I can almost guarantee you that the Christians, being in a much shittier situation where they have almost nothing to lose and embrace their religion fully to continue living, would deal with you much more harshly.

In this case, I don't think it's the religions, but the situation surrounding the respective religions.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4230210 - 05/28/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4230225 - 05/28/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

And I notice you try to establish the "nature" of each religion by this modern scenario, but these religions have been around for much longer than simply the past century or two, and if you look at the history of each you'll notice Christianity is just as bad, if not worse, than Islam.

How often do modern Muslims burn people alive for simply speaking against the Qu'ran? Do they use the rack to make people confess that they're witches? Do they put people's feet in boiling oil to make then confess they've been consorting with Satan?

This at a time when the savage Muslims were advancing in chemistry, medicine, astronomy and mathematics. There have been times throughout history where I would much rather be living in Muslim countries than Christian ones, where I would trust much more to Muslim justice than the Christian version of it.

Millions of people were accused, tortured or killed by the Christian inquisition. So you say, what do these individual acts or ages show about the religion?

Not much unless you take the entire religion's history into account.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4232550 - 05/29/05 04:46 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ever hear of Salmon Rushdie? He wrote a novel in 1989, The Satanic Verses, that pissed off some Muslims who considered it blasphemous.

India immediately demonstrated its intolerence by making the book illegal; other countries followed. Iran, however, went a bit further by issuing a fatwa, a religious ruling calling for Rushdie's death. He lives in hiding to this day. :sad:

Gotta love religion...

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4232558 - 05/29/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If the Christian and Muslim sites are equally fundamentalist you can sit in a rocking chair on your porch sipping ice tea and smoking a joint watching them kill eachother.

Free entertainment. You wont be killed.
Most muslims would simply shake their heads too, trust me on that one!

Oh and to muslims with h4x0r skills you ARE pissing on the Koran and showing your home address.. yet no suicide bombers have yet been deployed to hug you and pull the cord.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4232682 - 05/29/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
If I were to take a picture of me pissing on a Koran and also take one of me pissing on the bible and posted the koran one on a muslim website, and a christian one on a christian website along with my name and address... from whom is my life in greater danger from?

I would be willing to wager the muslims would actually try to kill me, while the christians would just shake their head in disgust.

What does that tell about the respective nature of each religion, or the followers?

I think you could be killed by both sides, its just that the muslim side would be more unanimus (sp?) about it

the best thing you can do is not do such a thing so you don't piss off anyone, and be safe

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4233049 - 05/29/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:

From your own actions.. hence yourself! :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: Gomp]
    #4233503 - 05/29/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think you could be killed by both sides, its just that the muslim side would be more unanimus (sp?) about it

Thats an absurd statement. You dont have any information to back that up or even any experience.

How many Christians do you know?
How many Muslims do you know?

I guarantee you the ratio is atleast 100:1 for you, and im sure if you knew 100 times more of actual non-fanatical muslims your views would change.

Have you tried speaking about a devout Christian's religion to them? They fill with anger and hate very quickly most of the time.

Have you tried speaking about a devout Muslim's religion (here in america to not get cultural biased data) to them? I have a few times, the response is usually just a smile and some form of a statement expressing that they will believe what they will, and you can believe what you will.

Infact, cultural biases aside, Muslims have noticably less hate, and much less intollerance.

All of the violence you speak of is culturally based, not religious, im not a religious person myself, but I think that shutting down any form of reason and judging someone based purely on their religion makes you just as bad as the most intollerable people. Dont drop down to their level.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
    #4233754 - 05/29/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I partied with some muslims last night, we hung out, smoked shaesha, got drunk and laughed all night long about how fun it would be to kill americans.

wow...good times. I dont know any americans personally, because I live in Asia, but I just absolutely hate their freedoms...it disgusts me, so...I hope they all die horrible, painful deaths.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: Doom]
    #4233794 - 05/29/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"We're freedom lovers...they're freedom haters"

Hah.

Idiocy is spread fairly evenly throughout the world and its groups of people.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Greater threat to my life? [Re: Doom]
    #4233921 - 05/29/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for sharing Doom. :darkside: :whocares:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies