Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: Thor]
    #1510014 - 05/01/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, or what if you called 'em a "towel head"?

:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: Thor]
    #1510107 - 05/01/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My signature? Care to share what is wrong with it?

The sexual content. It's not my cup of tea to hang out with someone with that kind of taste in humor.

Its pretty clear you meant in a general sense.

What if I said "Muslims, I can't fuggin stand 'em."

I should have added "as friends" to that statement, which is the proper context - but it would have made it less simple and catchy. I don't have any problems with atheists. However, I do not relate to them, I have nothing in common with them (as my lifestyle is God-oriented), and frankly I cannot stand them in a friendship sense.

Btw, who here gave me a 1 shroom rating. I'm willing to exchange a 5 for 5. :-)

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (05/01/03 01:15 AM)

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: Zahid]
    #1510178 - 05/01/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

LOL, and judging by your sig I'd say you were a terrorist... :wink:
You need to take a chill pill, Zahid.  Or some shrooms or something.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: bert]
    #1510214 - 05/01/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: World Spirit]
    #1510231 - 05/01/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If going toward God means frustration with human relation, then in my opinion it isn't worth going toward God. It's easy to forget that we live in a real, physical, tangible world with other people who have different views. Allies and enemies, eh? So the true intent finally shines through. Well, so much for Islam: Religion of Peace. But, as long as he doesn't bomb my apartment, he can think and do whatever he wants.

--------------------

Edited by bert (05/01/03 01:47 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1510255 - 05/01/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1510281 - 05/01/03 02:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, that is more than acceptable for me. But when you start tossing words like enemy and ally around, it tends to make people a little intense (for future reference).

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1510285 - 05/01/03 02:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1510528 - 05/01/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Righteous atheists? I don't think so. But your notion of "cutting oneself off" from the 'Philistines' of the world IS quite correct. In the marketplace, I have no choice, but in the sanctuary [literally] of my home, I do have a choice. Growth in Holiness IS a matter of separating from the worldly. The New Testament suggested shaking off the dust from your feet, of the town where one was not accepted because of one's love for Truth. Truth is synonymous with Ultimate Reality - That which is Ultimately Real. Meaning and purpose for me do not derive from biological or social processes, but ONLY from GOD. Anything other is mundane, pedestrian, insignificant. And this lecture from someone with a patently offensive signature such as the one YOU have?! Totally disgusted my Lady when she saw it, as it would offend any lady. Tell me some more about righteousness.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1510850 - 05/01/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Careful brother.

This is a reason I cannot see sig lines or avatars. I find they don't really add much to my mycology.

Cheers,

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1511290 - 05/01/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

LMAO!  My signature comes from the movie Magnolia directed by Paul Thomas Anderson(one of my favorite directors), which if you had seen, you would think totally different of my signature.  It's a movie about life, love, and death.  My quote comes from Tom Cruise, who blatantly disrespects women because of his lack of relationship with his father and subsequent insecurity with himself.  I'd think someone as intelligent as yourself could pick up on irony or humor?  I liked the movie and suggest you rent it, it even has biblical references. :wink:  I am a moral person, whether you believe it or not is up to you.
Anyways, Enter and I have already come to terms.  You should join us, Mark. 
No man is an island.

P.S.  Mark's Lady, I'm sorry if you found my signature offensive but I'm not changing it because it is not representative of my own moral code.  I do however find it entertaining and it does have some shock value afterall...

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: Zahid]
    #1511514 - 05/01/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Fair enough, I've read enough of your posts to see that you are at least well read in your beliefs and I can respect that.

Just please don't assume anything about athiests cause they are quite diverse in their beliefs. I'm fascinated by all religions and even though I don't believe in any forms of 'gods', doesn't mean I still don't find it all very interesting.

I'm actually reading a few books from Bernard Lewis: What went wrong? The Clash Between Islam and Modernity in the Middle East ... and .... The Crisis of Islam - Holy War and Unholy Terror.

BTW, what does your signature say and what do you want to represent by it? Cause it certainly gives off an impression that might insult many more people than my 'sexual' icons which I put there for humour :wink: 

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1511663 - 05/01/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1512255 - 05/01/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I guess I don't know about monotheism and Gnostics. Not to deny the importance of ascemdomg to the One, but to the extent that it denies the Many, denies Gaia, the body, the senses, and sexuality, I see imbalance. The Great Mother, the world of form, polytheism, magick, ritual, all manifest from Spirit. One & Many are not two, they're non-dual, and if you cut off any of this world from your Hridayam....

i mean, i think there are some people here who as conscious as dog shit, it doesn't matter what they call themselves, they're little more than matter. they're the fundamentalists.... call them christian, atheist, whatever....

i think there are others who will remain atheists, but w/ drugs like LSD will enjoy more sensitivity, passion, engaging lives w/ greater senses of compassion. they will have things to offer you, things to turn you on to. many pagans are just the same... they are children of Spirit, for god's sake! it's foolish to shelter yourself from their love.

Let's say, sitting at a bus stop or waiting in line at the market, I can pretty much find a way to relate to anyone, everyday people folk.
I could go to the bar, read a poem, dance, play a tune on my mandolin... and love the people... talk to the people... embrace the people...
Do you think that pagans at a celebration of myths, Gods, seasons, w/ ritual and dance and music have no drive for Wisdom - don't sumbit to the will of Jaw?

If it wasn't my love for all the forms of this life, I'd have no reason to separate and transcend.... and not the other way around.

Blessings, CJ.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Anonymous

Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1513428 - 05/01/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, well I keep reading and thinking how wonderful you all are. I particularly enjoy the non-flaming.

Not much time for comments other than that.

Cheers,

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: ]
    #1514146 - 05/02/03 07:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

enter, you truly are a credit to your religion. I've stumbled across too many christians who read the bible as a 10-steps-to-heaven-plan and judge everyone who do not. You create a breakingpoint in my, i must admit, stubborn rejecting view on christianity that has formed over the years because of all the negative experience i have had with its followers.....

KEEP POSTING, i mean that :cool:

Edited by quemo (05/02/03 09:17 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: quemo]
    #1514901 - 05/02/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1517734 - 05/03/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The saying goes: 'There are no atheists in fox holes.' When people really come under fire, when fear for one's mortal life is seriously threatened, there is hardly a human BEING who won't verbally or mentally utter a beseaching "Please" into the aether. Some people won't admit it, but they'll do it. Not to do so indicates such isolation from the WAY (the Tao, the I AM, the Logos, Ultimate Reality), that they are suffering from 'Pneumapathology' (Hey, I just made that up! I claim copyright on this one!) As opposed to calling an atheist psychopathological, or sick-minded, it occurs to me that this is a radical affliction of the spirit, not the mind. To deny one of the three basic components of human existence, not to mention the very 'root' that joins us to BEING Itself, is a major deficiency of awareness.

It may be a matter of no internal communication between one's spirit-mind-body, because an atheist is human and HAS a spiritual component or else [s]he wouldn't BE - wouldn't exist. Being means existing, and means specific, individual beinghood which is a function, or a derivative of Existence Itself - from the Ground of Being - which people like to call GOD (it's a lot simpler isn't it?)

I am not including Pagans under atheism. In fact, I just ordered a set of male-female candlesticks for the altar of a Pagan, Neo-Wiccan friend of ours. I respect her way of worship - I used to practice ceremonial magick myself, and the Supernal Father and Supernal Mother - Wisdom and Understanding - are the first two Sephiroth of duality that derive from the ONE. If her morality is in place, and is simply: 'An Harm Ye None," I respect that as well.

My point is: I may believe in many faiths, giving priority enough to my own to be able to identify myself as one, and not as another faith, but I don't believe in atheism. I don't mean that I don't understand a non-theistic faith like Theravadin Buddhism. They acknowledge Ultimate Reality in their own way. Atheism posits that there is no 'Transcendenz,' no Ultimate Reality, and reality retains only its physical properties, with the exception of mental phenomena that derives (materially) from neurocellular matter. There is no Universal Principle, no Intelligent Design or Designer. The complexity of the natural world is held to be the result of 'Chance' occurances, so that a comprehensible principle like mathematical probability, extended over aeons of time, becomes a substitute idea for the Creator of the Universe. Pushed far enough, an atheist therefore does, in a sense, have a god, but it is a comprehensible idea because nothing could possibly Transcend the ability to comprehend human mentality - even if the atheist himself can't understand something personally - someone can!

So, drugs that expand the horizon of awareness - which IS transcendence over lower, less inclusive states of awareness, are soley a product of the human neuroanatomy, the design of which is happenstance. For me, at this point of my life, denying that our being is derivative of BEING is analogous to denying that our bodies are like 85% water. It is equally absurd not to be awed by the realization that all form - all design - derive from an Ultimate Design (Transpersonally taken), or a Designer (Personally taken), both of which are true. The denial of either or both formulations is not only absurd, it is untrue, it is a lie. It is a very big lie, and I will simply not have any truck with a big liar if I have any choice.

So, I'm not condemning atheists, but they don't particularly interest me as potential friends. We have a 'low ceiling' on our relationship, because I realize that there is an Infinity and Eternity beyond that artifical, atheist-imposed ceiling, and as a consequence, the depth of our relationship is necessarily limited and therefore dissapointing. I hope this clarifies my opinion on atheism.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#1517794 - 05/03/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps I'm not an atheist then. I allow for the possibility of a Transcendental Reality, but definitely not an 'intelligent designer'. I also think that if there is such an ultimate state of being that it is tied to this reality through means that we don't understand yet, but that can in the future be revealed through science. So, I sort of have spirituality, but I arrive at it in a very roundabout fashion that doesn't involve worship or a church or ritual or anything like that. Rather, I think of this Transcendental Reality as either a product of our own mind or a function of the physical universe. Note, this in no way, shape, or form detracts from the 'beauty, righteousness, love', etc. etc. of 'god'/transcendental reality. All my beliefs I came to on my own accord and were formed before studying any religion at all.
My next question would be: 'Can you have spirituality without Faith'? That would be my version of spirituality if there were any at all.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1517832 - 05/03/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

if one can get passed the ego and faith, the feeling of awe at the universe and everything composed of it, then what is there? evolution can explain everything that is contained within us, our desires, our fears, our bodies...exactly. the same forces which drive the animals to survive. at the center of this is the ego...selfishness, greed, and want to survive....the feeling that "i am so special, i MUST live forever"...there is no denying something created the universe, but were we meant to be ? or just a mathematical probability that was bound to happen....BEAUTIFUL yes!!......but could you embrace god knowing this was your only chance at life, or is that to depressing for your ego's?.....i see more beauty in one life...one MEANINGFUL life than existence in infinity, but then again i don't let my ego speak for me most of the time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder