Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: ]
    #1521350 - 05/05/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

and now for a word on atheists from one of our unitarian friends :wink:
www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7756/atheism.html

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: bert]
    #1522501 - 05/05/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

First thing is first, Transcendental Reality is not a product of the physical universe, nor is it a product of the mind. Secondly, the mind is not a part of the physical universe, in other words, what a scientist can observe. For example, as a scientist you can monitor the effects of MDMA on the seratonin levels of the brain. A possible outcome could indicate that prolonged use of MDMA correlates with lower seratonin levels, and taken further you could monitor the user's behaviors and possibly find a correlation between low seratonin levels and behaviors characteristic of clinical depression. The mind itself, our interior landscape, however, only has an exterior physical correlate which we call the brain. Scientific studies will never reveal the subjective nature of a human's MDMA high - the subjective experience of the mind will only be hinted at through introspection, communication, and interpretation. You can look at the brain, but you must talk to a mind, and that requires not just observation but interpretation. BEWARNED! Do not reduce the significance of consciousness and values and meanings and morals to a mere epiphenomenon, a ghost within the shell of a brain! It is up to you to let your mind discover itself through itself and find a way to integrate it with your anylitical, scientific capabilities.
A better understanding of your own ego and its unconscious repressions and regressions seem quite necessary before you make any conclusions on Transcendental Raelity.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1522523 - 05/05/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I think the mind has to exist in the physical universe because the brain exists in the physical unvierse. And you can't have a mind without a brain. Just because something is subjective, doesn't neccessarily mean it is outside the realm of the known universe. You don't know whether in the future we'll be able to tap directly into subjective experiences, thus objectifying them by allowing others to experience it or view it. We are already making headway into neurobiology, for instance they already have a system set up where you can directly control the mouse on your computer screen solely by thought. If thought were entirely subjective, it wouldn't relate to a common physical phenomenon. Take that same system in 1000 years, and perhaps you can have your thought projected as a virtual experience that others can participate it.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1522579 - 05/05/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>'Can you have spirituality without Faith'? That would be my version of spirituality if there were any at all.

Spirituality is something that just flows with you...
If you've tapped it, just enjoy the experience.
If you stay true to yourself, the rest will come to you.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: I want you guys to understand Christian Judgment [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1522600 - 05/05/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think the Spirit is doing just fine - it's just astonishing that no matter how intensely one loses oneself within the Spirit... like on an acid trip out in the woods, for example, it's as if though the ego has already apprehended its coming and committed itself in advance to imposing some crappy physical interpretation over the pure radiance as soon as it can fight its way back into existance. you know the hippy drop-out phenomenon is the ego's response to a transcendental experience, placing the blame on culture and regressing back towards nature as the source of the experience insteading of transcending the culture into the Spirit.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1523328 - 05/05/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You keep speaking of the exterior, man - so what if the nazis have the neurobiology? What about the -consciousness- that uses it? The technology may better support global consciousness, but it doesn't guaruntee an individual's willingness to use it to expand awareness. Your idea is that since the technology is global, therefore the consciousness that uses it is global. Your hypothesis merely indicates another exterial social change in communication at best.
The "technology" to transcend is already here, and technique towards expanded awareness is more easily accessable than ever, yet is still acheived by very few.
Hmmmmmmmm.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom