Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go?
    #4032598 - 04/08/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

What do you all think of Judaism?  :tongue:

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4032632 - 04/08/05 09:49 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

:lol: no offence, just a funny.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4032662 - 04/08/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Judaism seems to be one religion that has things in order; at least their current members do when speaking in terms of monetary achievements. Otherwise; seems to be an intriguing religion, and quite intellectual in its practices.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: Shagshow]
    #4032712 - 04/08/05 10:13 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

They may have their money in order, but their noses don't seem to be in harmony with their faces.

Judaism is just as fucked as most monotheistic religions really. Too many rituals and not enough experienced realizations.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: Ravus]
    #4032716 - 04/08/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

They may have far too many pointless rituals; I do not agree with Judaism being as "fucked as most monotheistic religions,'' personally I find Christianity to be much more disturbing (Past and present).

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4032717 - 04/08/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Is that an Alex Grey (your avatar)?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4032732 - 04/08/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I rejected the (Reform) Judaism of my upbringing, discovered it anew through Christianity, rejected the Christianity I adopted, re-discovered Kabbalistic Judaism, and I am now in the process of reworking my Jewish Christian faith stance. I hover somewhere between the world-rejecting Gnostic transcendentalism and the world-affirming and healing Kabbalistic transcendentalism.

Judaism has been rejected by Christianity-turned-pagan, when it should have been honored like the parents of Christianity - like our own parents whose perception of reality we might reject, but whom we continue to honor. Terrible terrible things have been perpetrated against Jews throughout history. Their existential here-and-now approach to Life has been seen in terms of mere worldliness and materialism when Christianity became a pie-in-the-sky-when-we die religion. It is true for me that a materialistic and atheistic 'Jew' is not a Jew at all. It is equally true that a crusading, witch-hunting, inquisitional 'Christian' is not a Christian at all. A Real Jew and a Real Christian look identical because they are identical. They both look like Y'shua - Jesus.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4032743 - 04/08/05 10:27 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Yes, it's Cosmic Christ by Alex Grey.

That was mostly a generalization anyway, there are some interesting aspects to Judaism. Since I'm not a Rabbi and haven't seriously studied Judaism I don't know all the conceptual foundations of their religion, but I doubt many other people here do either, seeing as there's not many Jews.

Judaism is ancient, and the beliefs held in Judaism that the soul is pure at birth and so therefore any damage done to it is by your own free will gives the person not only responsibility, but freedom over their own fate. Also, Judaism states that you can atone for your "sins" by deeds alone, without an intermediary, which is another simple positive that empowers the individual to choose his own spirituality in the religion.

The Jewish view of God seems to be clear and straightforward. God is one, the eternal creator of the universe and source of morality. God is non-physical, non-corporeal and eternal. All prayers are between you and God, and an intermediary is heretical and unneeded. God is not divided into sections like in some Christian parts, which is also logical. I don't believe in God, but if I did the Jewish view of God would be a very logical one to hold.

The negatives of Judaism seem to step into what they've added that doesn't even seem necessary. They put too much importance on useless things like circumcision, they have too many rituals and unnecessary ceremonies like most religions, and some traditionally hold the arrogant view that they are God's chosen people. Mainly, Jews are afflicted with the same problems that afflict all religions over time: unnecessary, superficial crap that only bogs down the religion in meaningless rabble.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: Ravus]
    #4032751 - 04/08/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Agreed. :::hits Ravus up with 5 shrooms::: I'm rate happy tonight. Probably because I received one and it brightened up my night.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4033161 - 04/09/05 02:00 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

i remember attending a Starwood gathering and one of gnrm23's clan of friends asking me to attend a Judeao-Pagan get together with him there, and although a lot of them had a lot of pain regarding their religious upringing, perhaps also involving their imbrace of Paganism amd that's effect on their families, I could not help feeling very envious of their roots and cultural upbringings ----- for one the songs they sang came from somewhere soooo deep and it filled the air with a sense of contemplation. Honestly, WOW.

may I ask what your impressions were of your religion during youth, and if you still have any respect for any of those cultural values?

incidentally, my friend who's paralyzed who i mentioned during my Easter acid trip reloaded, named one of his children Sky out of respect for what he considered the old God of the Torah, in what he thinks has the same meaning of Pagan sky Gods (he had his children after he became paralyzed, another amazing phenomenon in my book)

My blessings to you and your Lady,

CJ

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4033273 - 04/09/05 02:58 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

:lol: Nice title.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #4033593 - 04/09/05 07:59 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

When I was really young, and scared, I would talk to GOD in bed. I would have a sort of formula where I would say something like, ' maybe You're light lightning or some kind of energy, but can hear me..." When I was younger still, I remember cranking a hand-crank egg-beater and asking my Mom if this hurt GOD (since GOD was omnipresent - in the very air so-to-speak.

The GOD of Sunday school and the tales of power, OT style did not consciously connect up with those personal childhood experiences in which GOD was much more like the 'still small voice within.' We commemorated rhe Exodus at Passover, went to temple on Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana, lit candles with a brief prayer on Friday night and through 8 days of Hanukkah (toys!). I was taught not to lie or dishonor (disrespect) my parents. None of this had anything to do with a real spiritual life. Til my Mom's dying day she remained an atheist although she spoke some Yiddish, did the holidays, went to temple with my Dad (who founded a temple - I helped him refurbish an old house for the first building when I was only 4 - feeding steel cable through holes to him).

My parents were uneducated, Brooklyn-born, depression-era, Eastern European descended 1st generation Jewish Americans. They smoked a lot of ciggies and paid the health price. It was reflective of their neurotic fear-of-death/fear-of-life perception of existence. They did not travel and remained Brooklynites even in the new suburbs of New Jersey. Surrounded by beautiful woodlands, they never set foot in them. The entire gestalt just mentioned became one huge uptight, fearful, materialistic world-view which I rejected completely. I retained an ethical stance, but failed myself out of Sunday and Hebrew school, refused to become a Bar Mitzvah (son of blessing), later took gobs of acid like you did, became an ascetic and celbate, effectively cutting myself off from the world in order to find the 'Singularity' in my Heart Center and recrystallize a new life around it - born-again if you will.

I have returned to a philosophical Judaism, but a Messianic Judaism. I am not a cultural Jew: no bagles and lox or Yiddishisms, or an unhealthy identity based on persecution and victimization. To any Jews who know me, I am an apostate - not even a marginal Jew. I endeavor to be a Jew after the person of Y'shua ben Miriam, but I am still working hard to discern the truth about Him from the mythological and theological projections put upon Him. I am wearing a piece of jewelry of the Tree of Life instead of a cross over my Heart these days, but as my little mandala illustrates, there is a union of symbols within me.

Does any of this answer your question?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4034418 - 04/09/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

cute but disrespectful

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4035046 - 04/09/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Well since judaism has it's roots in an ancient mushroom cult, I think that it has a lot to it. Some of their singing can be very trance like.

I think that the orthodox jews got a better idea than christians and other secular form of judaism.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4035769 - 04/09/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

"...judaism has it's roots in an ancient mushroom cult..."

Um....No. This is erroneous, and just plain silly.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4039968 - 04/11/05 03:17 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

With most religions that believe in the typical "god", in the sense of a 'real' sentient being rather than a universal consciousness, a theistic viewpoint, I just judge them based on what their criteron are for achieving being sent to heaven. Some Christians seem to believe that if you don't belive in Christ, you go to hell, no matter how good of a person you are. Jews believe, from my understanding and conversation with friends that are jewish, that being a good person is enough to get you into heaven. Based solely on that, I think that Judaism is a more open-minded religion than the version of Christianity that holds that Jesus is the only way to heaven.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4045119 - 04/12/05 10:32 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

shalom...

hmmmm:

so, malcolm, why is it ye are studying hebrew so late in your life?
well, i'm getting along in years, and when i finally meet my maker, i wish to greet him in his own language...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: How far down the rabbi's hole do you want to go? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4046934 - 04/12/05 04:43 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Everyone knows the scientologists are the only true religion.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract