Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: Sclorch]
    #960248 - 10/14/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting what historians do with ancients texts now isn't it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: ]
    #960273 - 10/14/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting what historians do with ancients texts now isn't it?

Interesting what you do with ambiguity now isn't it?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#960303 - 10/14/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ambiguous? Me?

Whatever are you talking about?

Cheers,

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #960545 - 10/14/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Actually.... NO, he didn't.

Jews, Muslims and Christians all worship the same god. So If Jesus was a follower of Judaism, then he was worshipping the same god that his followers would worship, and later the Muslims. Judaism is the original interpretation of God's word, Christianity is a continuation, and Islam is a new interpretation.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: Remy]
    #960759 - 10/14/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I posit that Jesus was a Jew only culturally speaking. Christianity is the dogmatic interpretation of the "life" and "word" of Jesus, the zen master and existentialist. Islam is most likely a derivative of Christianity.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #961409 - 10/14/02 10:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Islam is most likely a derivative of Christianity.

A derivative? Most skeptics of religion (along with Christian fundamentalists) believe that; some atheists also believe each world religion derived itself from a previous one. I'm not going to the bother with the details, but the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Lah did not have any knowledge of the Gospels at all, although he was somewhat aware of the presence of Jewish tribes in the area. At that, Muhammad was illiterate. The two decades of Qur'aanic revelation in 6th century Arabia are more than just a 'derivative of Christianity'.

--------------------

OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Loc: suitcase city
    #961543 - 10/14/02 11:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

'Strewth. I canna' fook wit that one eh?
Soory, Ive been drinking stout and I feel cockney

--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: Beauville]
    #961694 - 10/14/02 11:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Stout = good = almost-a-meal

--------------------

OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Loc: suitcase city
    #964737 - 10/15/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This is by far the most hilarious thread I have read so far in the confused content over such a simple statement. Good job.  :grin: 

--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"

Anonymous

#965499 - 10/16/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i was asked not to return to a church because my discussions with "elders", who by the way were nice people, things like: what my soul is....  what did jesus do during the 17 years the bible makes no reference of him.... "religious" men stealing hundreds of millions of dollars getting caught doing it and are quoted as saying, "god will get me through all of this"... hmmmm 

pat robertson sits on the board of a scottish bank that gives out world bank loans... jesus would bitch slap that asswipe... jesus would not want war over oil...jesus would not want us pissing away the worlds resources and polluting the world the way we have.... i know.... god will come back and restore everything to the beauty that once was.... hmmmm that may be .... but it will occur over periods of time comparable to what was needed to get the world to the point of it?s developement before we showed up and began fucking with things... now i realize that that time window is a wide one ranging from several days to millions of years... to me its all the same... because the same life force that formed our reality can not be a slave to time... time is meaningless in the equation that equals god... time is what makes us mortal and i believe jesus was down with dat!

the catholic church was faced with a dilema during it?s earlier days... it was forced to give us, to read on our own, the word of "god"... not because they wanted to, but because humans demanded it be so at one point in time.... i believe the book we read is corrupted by power greedy men who needed to keep us on their leash. we needed to feel sinful and worthless in order for some type of control to be maintained... i would have made it a point to be a friend of jesus... i could see myself as apostle "me" .... the gospel according to me would have been trashed by the catholic church for sure... too much truth... rest assured i would have made a copy and given it to my lawyer just in case of such an event...  :wink:can?t have the people believing god exists within each of us on a cellular level (more on my concept of soul, some other appropriate time)

i believe jesus was a buddhist more then he ever was a christian in the modern sense...  enough rambling .... i hope this post is consistant with the intent of the thread... i enjoy tossing idea?s like this around... 

teonacatyl is one of a few keys that open the door to heaven... peace

Anni

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: Anonymous]
    #965825 - 10/16/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

the catholic church was faced with a dilema during it's earlier days... it was forced to give us, to read on our own, the word of "god"... not because they wanted to, but because humans demanded it be so at one point in time

riiiiiight.
actually, it's not that the bible was kept from people. true, it was chained to churches...but ANYBODY was free to go into the church and read the bible...and if you couldn't read, the priest could...any of your friends that actually owned a business of any sort could. lots of people knew latin for a looooooong time. it didn't just pop out of existence when the roman empire fell.
the bible had to be kept chained to churches because it cost as much to make a bible back then as it did for a man to buy a house. they didn't have paper and pencil in those days. they had parchment....sheepskin. they had to kill hundreds of sheep just to make one complete bible. that's why they couldn't be passed out freely. but you were free to read it anytime you wanted.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Jesus didn't believe in the Christian God. [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #968308 - 10/17/02 06:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the roman catholic church did strongly discourage the laity from reading the scriptures... (even into the late 19th & early 20th centuries)
one of the greatest things martin luther did was translating the bible into german... and the gutenburg press made relatively inexpensive copies available for the masses...
as to what jesus believed... well, he was probably closest to the pharisees... but some of his followers were definitely zealots... and his "forerunner" (john the baptist) was almost certainly influenced by essenes...
& as for saul/paul of tarsus... well, that's another story, hehheh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order