Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Unlikely that Jesus is God
    #3984495 - 03/29/05 08:21 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

If I were to start some teachings (even though true and of a higher order) that I KNEW (omnisicence) would be distorted and twisted in future generations by power brokers to torture and suppress and wage war, I would keep my mouth shut out of compassion.  :heart:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: Swami]
    #3984501 - 03/29/05 08:27 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Obviously the bible god is not omnipotent, that much is clear.
An omnipotent god does not need wind to separate the sea for people to pass, he could just make them appear where he would like them to be. This bible god is simply a powerfull being, but still not real philosophical god.
It seems to me that Jesus was not refering to the old testament god when he was talking about god. It seems that god and his father is not the same thing. When he said you can find god anywhere, he was refering to philosophical god, yet the god that sent him is just a bit more powerfull than we are now with our technology.
this god was not omnipotent, and did not know everything, he had interaction, conversation, action. These are signs of limitations.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3984502 - 03/29/05 08:28 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Ah, but we might simply be in a valley for the time being and cannot see the goodness lurking over the horizon. Is it valid to assume that Jesus is not God based upon an unknown future?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: Seuss]
    #3984524 - 03/29/05 08:49 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

We might be, but if the positive affects have not been demonstrated by now, they are unlikely to be. And those people that have ALREADY suffered and died will take no comfort from that. Any future mass enlightenment will likely be from other sources and causes. A social result that takes millenia to manifest cannot be linked back to unitary point in history.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3984571 - 03/29/05 09:17 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

If Derren Brown claimed he was the son of God theres no doubt that a cult following would arise.

He can read your mind, make things appear or dissappear and a thousand other great mentalist tricks. He taught himself by interacting with people in a particular way.

Humans have leaders and followers and it only takes 1 person to be able to lead millions of people!

I think if Jesus existed at all then he was another Derren Brown but with the leadership quality.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3984587 - 03/29/05 09:27 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
An omnipotent god does not need wind to separate the sea for people to pass, he could just make them appear where he would like them to be. This bible god is simply a powerfull being, but still not real philosophical god.
It seems to me that Jesus was not refering to the old testament god when he was talking about god. It seems that god and his father is not the same thing. When he said you can find god anywhere, he was refering to philosophical god, yet the god that sent him is just a bit more powerfull than we are now with our technology.
this god was not omnipotent, and did not know everything, he had interaction, conversation, action. These are signs of limitations.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Im glad to hear someone else say that the biblical "god" was NOT all powerfull.
An omnipotent-allpowerfull GOD..... IMO is a mythical creature.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: niteowl]
    #3984632 - 03/29/05 09:50 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Maybe Jesus had skitzophrenia.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3984690 - 03/29/05 10:17 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:

Im glad to hear someone else say that the biblical "god" was NOT all powerfull.

An omnipotent god can not be a creature, that's my point.
This biblical god sounds like he is some kind of a creature,an entity.

--------------------

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: Droz]
    #3984691 - 03/29/05 10:18 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

We're all God.

Jesus knew that.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: slaphappy]
    #3984708 - 03/29/05 10:23 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

We are Gods that created this illusion, but forgot that we created it. Jesus knew this and tried to help others recognize this fact by perfomring miraicles and such. Becuase he was human, he was poitning out that by perofrming these miracles ,we all have this same potential....... :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3984711 - 03/29/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:

I'm glad to hear someone else say that the biblical "god" was NOT all powerfull.

That's why the meme floating around out there that the Biblical was really no more then another being that evolved elsewhere in this Universe just ahead of us enough to "play god" here with the evolving humans. Call me nuts, whatever, it makes more sense then anything else on the table now and also explains why the Old Testament said "WE" created man in our image. "We" would explain a group of intelligent beings that evolved somewhat similar to us and were just ahead. There is just to much shit in the Bible about chariots coming from the heavens.

Who is to say that every angel and what not that came and spoke to the people in the name of "God" were not also of ET origin that figured out dematerialization and rematerialization and time travel. No one can prove that idea wrong.

FYI, most of you know I explore in the realms of the existence of intelligent life in this universe beyond humans. As far as I have understood, they have no freaking idea what set creation, evolution, math and consciousness into play either. Maybe some thought that by playing god, they could get in the head of the Creative force and intelligence behind all of this to understand it better. I dunno. Maybe the group responsible for the Biblical stuff are just power mongers playing games here to pass he time.

Maybe they think by watching us, they will get some answers to explain themselves to themselves at least.

But if that's what is going on, it would explain why "that" God -gods, of religions are not characteristic of omni presence etc, rather are just others beings of the multiverse who have evolved further along then humans have. No one can prove that theory wrong so it remains a working theory to me as it makes the most sense to me so far.

And maybe they wern't power mongers. Maybe humans took what info they were given and twisted and manipulated it to power trip on other humans and the ET's decided to sit back and let it be out of repsect for free will and decided to watch what came of it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (03/29/05 10:40 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: slaphappy]
    #3984718 - 03/29/05 10:27 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

We're all God.

But we only recognize this fact during climax. "Oh, God. OH GOD!"

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3984809 - 03/29/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
We're all God.

But we only recognize this fact during climax. "Oh, God. OH GOD!"

you know, as funny as it may sound, there might be some truth in it :smile:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3984823 - 03/29/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
That's why the meme floating around out there that the Biblical was really no more then another being that evolved elsewhere in this Universe just ahead of us enough to "play god" here with the evolving humans. Call me nuts, whatever, it makes more sense then anything else on the table now and also explains why the Old Testament said "WE" created man in our image. "We" would explain a group of intelligent beings that evolved somewhat similar to us and were just ahead. There is just to much shit in the Bible about chariots coming from the heavens.

Who is to say that every angel and what not that came and spoke to the people in the name of "God" were not also of ET origin that figured out dematerialization and rematerialization and time travel. No one can prove that idea wrong.

FYI, most of you know I explore in the realms of the existence of intelligent life in this universe beyond humans. As far as I have understood, they have no freaking idea what set creation, evolution, math and consciousness into play either. Maybe some thought that by playing god, they could get in the head of the Creative force and intelligence behind all of this to understand it better. I dunno. Maybe the group responsible for the Biblical stuff are just power mongers playing games here to pass he time.

Maybe they think by watching us, they will get some answers to explain themselves to themselves at least.

But if that's what is going on, it would explain why "that" God -gods, of religions are not characteristic of omni presence etc, rather are just others beings of the multiverse who have evolved further along then humans have. No one can prove that theory wrong so it remains a working theory to me as it makes the most sense to me so far.

And maybe they wern't power mongers. Maybe humans took what info they were given and twisted and manipulated it to power trip on other humans and the ET's decided to sit back and let it be out of repsect for free will and decided to watch what came of it.

:thumbup: finally someone on my side  :sun:

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3984830 - 03/29/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Unlikely that Jesus is God

isn't the claim to the effect that Jesus is the SON of God? I don't think anyone ever claimed that Jesus was omniscient.

Plus, to paraphrase what someone already said up there, reserve your judgement about Jesus' teachings for when Time has officially ended. You're not omniscient either, and a big surprise may be just around the corner (2012! 2012!).

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Unlikely that Jesus is God [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3984861 - 03/29/05 11:10 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I don't see it as being a side. I just see it as a general possible theory to put on the table for others to consider. I have no concrete proof to argue it with. If someone has something to put on the table that makes even more sense then, I will be there.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3984939 - 03/29/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

I have felt this for a LONG time now.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3985040 - 03/29/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I don't see it as being a side. I just see it as a general possible theory to put on the table for others to consider. I have no concrete proof to argue it with. If someone has something to put on the table that makes even more sense then, I will be there.

My "side" is that such a theory is one of the possibilities, so that makes you on my side

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3985057 - 03/29/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
I have felt this for a LONG time now.

another one? great  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #3985283 - 03/29/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:

I'm glad to hear someone else say that the biblical "god" was NOT all powerfull.

Some might find this interesting, others just one more fake piece of paper, you name it :
http://www.proaxis.com/~deardorj/index.htm

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom