Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2279782 - 01/28/04 02:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, but it was us who invented the word human being and us who invented god in all of its today's accepted forms. So again it is nice to hear but I find no real essence in it.

The possibilities are INFINITE!I feel that the possibilities of "god" to be that something that remains when "all the outer layers of self have been burned away" are less than for us humans to be "god"; we could be living in a game of boundaries for all we know, where the one that has set these boundaries to our mind is us. We could wake up to another world one day. We already know that using the mind only, we CAN affect matter but there are many things we have yet to know and discover. I think that as long as it makes one happy, he/she can believe in whatever the heart or mind is pointing at.

Christians killed other people who renounced their religion to make them the "majority of people" religion. But I think we are all already past the "christian stage".

I feel that the answer for the topic questions will be the same over the ages, but as time passes , answers will differ. So us,humans, can only give a temporary opinion or answer to that question. It is an interesting topic; hoped we could reach a conclusion, but I know this is not a realistic target. By exchanging opinions though we are closing up to the final answer. Which any way, it may be don't spend all your life wondering about these things, have alittle fun.EXEPTION!!!If this is fun for you then who am I to tell you not to but as I say see that you considered all options.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: ceephax]
    #2279790 - 01/28/04 03:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ceephax said:
I don't think its your self buring away when you experience ego loss, just your ego; I beleive the "ego" and the "self" to be two different things. Ego is just social conditioning; how you react and act around people, and since most of us are always around other people, the ego sort of takes over.

I totaly agree with you.

Quote:

Take away the ego and you have: ...the present.

I feel that there is no Present in the way that we mean it, but only Past and Future. I see Present as an illusion to make us feel in control with our lifes. Think about what you are doing now, just think about it and it's gone...it's gone in the Past. If you assume Present as a time-part of the Future, then yes Present exists.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Frog]
    #2279817 - 01/28/04 03:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well, I didn't come up with the term..
the "ego" in "ego loss" refers to the Freudian ego - a sense of self, not ego as in egotistical, which has an entirely different connotation. if you ever have a level 5+ trip, you might experience it.
when you reach that state, you are no longer aware that you are a human being inhabiting a body in a material plane. there is no you anymore, it's pure consciousness and experience. no. it's more like, you feel like a part of a larger consciousness... like your sense of self has been blocking you all this time from rejoining it.

I feel that this is a small glimpse into the mind of God.
this is just a personal truth arrived at through personal experience and nothing more. but many people who experience ego loss describe a similar experience of contacting this great consciousness. probably just a dance of molecules in our synapses, but who knows?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2279820 - 01/28/04 03:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you take a "HUMAN BEING," and strip away everything that is "HUMAN," you are left with " BEING."

:smile: yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2279860 - 01/28/04 04:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

God is the infinte collective whole.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2280106 - 01/28/04 08:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DestruKtiKon said:
God is the infinte collective whole.

That is also a Pantheist's view of god, extremely interesting, it involves the essence of infinity which is what our human brain can not understand.....yet

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2280199 - 01/28/04 09:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I love it when you God's talk about God. I get to rant and rave and make up theories and reason.

I didn't like shroomerious's statement where he lumped athiests in with Jew and ilk. Atheists definatly don't have the same basic belief system as all those.

I don't know how you can all agree so easily that ego loss is a connection with God. Shroomerious put it well when he said that the possibilities are infinite. Could be alien influence, but most likely it is the product of human thought. There  isn't (neccessarily) anything supernatural or divine about ego loss, it is just as human as any other conception.

Take away everything human, and you certainly don't get God. Especially when God is human invention. Take away everything human, and you take away God too!

God is everything. It is the universe. God is where infinity connects. I must be a pantheist.

This one time I was high on weed, and I believe I had a communion with God. I felt ininity. I felt like I was witnessing all space, all time, all matter and energy in one instant. It went on infinitly, Men in Black style, our universe was the subatomic to a larger universe. This went on infinitly, or so it seemed, and I was experiencing everything. It felt very happy :smile:  It didn't last long (but at the same time it lasted forever), and  when I came out of it, it's memory was like one cell of an infinate film roll, amplifying it's importance.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (01/28/04 09:34 AM)

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2280299 - 01/28/04 10:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I didn't like shroomerious's statement where he lumped athiests in with Jew and ilk. Atheists definatly don't have the same basic belief system as all those.

It was an exageration(excuse my english, I am Greek) to show how many different ways of believing to that God have been evolved through the years and also to show us, people as united and not separated by the different systems created to believe to God that exist.

Quote:

I don't know how you can all agree so easily that ego loss is a connection with God. Shroomerious put it well when he said that the possibilities are infinite. Could be alien influence, but most likely it is the product of human thought. There  isn't (neccessarily) anything supernatural or divine about ego loss, it is just as human as any other conception.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Also I very much like the fact that you use the words most likely instead of the definitive is.

Quote:

Take away everything human, and you certainly don't get God. Especially when God is human invention. Take away everything human, and you take away God too!
God is everything. It is the universe. God is where infinity connects. I must be a pantheist.

This is exactly what I have come to believe through the years. The concept of infinity is even greater than what some people just numbly....or even better with a comfortably numb way accept as God. I guess we are pantheists then.

Quote:

This one time I was high on weed, and I believe I had a communion with God. I felt ininity. I felt like I was witnessing all space, all time, all matter and energy in one instant. It went on infinitly, Men in Black style, our universe was the subatomic to a larger universe. This went on infinitly, or so it seemed, and I was experiencing everything. It felt very happy :smile:  It didn't last long (but at the same time it lasted forever), and  when I came out of it, it's memory was like one cell of an infinate film roll, amplifying it's importance.

That is very interesting, it is like......imagine that the cells in our body or whatever it is that has not yet been completely understood had intelligence and were living in a world similar as ours. And futher on, our whole universe, as we know it, could be part of a larger structure. I couldn't agree more with you!

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: WHO IS GOD??? *DELETED* [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2280524 - 01/28/04 11:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by SkorpivoMusterion

Reason for deletion: Nevermind

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2280555 - 01/28/04 11:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

My point here, is that just because some people haven't seen this higher force of the Universe that I speak of, does not mean it doesn't exist.

Of course not. There are just so many possibilities though, that one might feels lost and consequently get the impression that in order to believe to a God he/she must witness something with his/her own eyes...

Quote:

I believe that what we call "GOD" is possibly one of the following:

A)The most evolved and oldest entity of the Universe, in a sense.
B)The 'Universe Itself'...similar to a Brain, and how a brain is filled with numerous memory cells and neurons and atoms and so on...The Universe could be "God's Brain" in a very complex and intricate sense...
C)A form of collective energy of the entire Universe...

I LOVE the word possibly, and I agree with A,B and C but in my own subjective opinion there would be a lot more evenly possible choices. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2280562 - 01/28/04 11:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Also, I updated my profile, because it's my birthday today!
Happy 21 then!!!:-)

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2280616 - 01/28/04 11:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't say that you actually get God when you take away the ego
I just said that you get a glimpse...
because our sense of self is actually a sense of seperation
take that away and...

see this old thread about ego loss.

but of course it all depends on your definition of God
we could be talking about completely different things but using the same label (god) to describe it.
I'm a bit of a pantheist myself, I also see glimpses of IT in nature, here on earth and in the heavens.

InvisibleScott Bennett
Lucrative
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto
    #2280642 - 01/28/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by ThaiLipaYai

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
It's just some nights, you really want to go out, get some hot bitch to dump Goose down your throat and snort coke off a stripper's tits.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2280653 - 01/28/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
oh, you were looking for solutions and answers?

See, in your last thread there is a nice "answer", that most of us, have some pantheism beliefs, be it a little bit or a large bit. :biggrin:

--------------------

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Scott Bennett]
    #2280662 - 01/28/04 11:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Everything seems to be a cycle, whether very fast or very slow.

I get the exact same feeling....

Quote:

I think everything that is everything makes up a part of God, and that we are all a part of the one and the one is god.

So you are a bit of pantheist yourself I suppose :grin:

Now, isn't it nice that we all agree to something? :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#2280675 - 01/28/04 12:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

HEY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I never noticed one of those () before.

InvisibleScott Bennett
Lucrative
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto
    #2280804 - 01/28/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by ThaiLipaYai

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
It's just some nights, you really want to go out, get some hot bitch to dump Goose down your throat and snort coke off a stripper's tits.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2280847 - 01/28/04 01:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ThaiLipaYai said:
I suppose so, although I had never heard the term Pantheist before you used it and had to look it up :smile:  But yes, I guess that term sums it all up. :nut:

So now what?

Now what??? Let's get all shroomed up!!! :mushroom2:What else?I am growing some cubies and they will be ready in less than a week!!! :thumbup: :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2280851 - 01/28/04 01:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
well, I didn't come up with the term..
the "ego" in "ego loss" refers to the Freudian ego - a sense of self, not ego as in egotistical, which has an entirely different connotation. if you ever have a level 5+ trip, you might experience it.
when you reach that state, you are no longer aware that you are a human being inhabiting a body in a material plane. there is no you anymore, it's pure consciousness and experience. no. it's more like, you feel like a part of a larger consciousness... like your sense of self has been blocking you all this time from rejoining it.

I feel that this is a small glimpse into the mind of God.
this is just a personal truth arrived at through personal experience and nothing more. but many people who experience ego loss describe a similar experience of contacting this great consciousness. probably just a dance of molecules in our synapses, but who knows?

I understand what you mean. I had the same experience about 1 and 3/4 years ago. I think Swami called it a "paradigm shift", but whatever, I experienced so much trauma in my life, in such a short period of time, that God showed me that He had been taking care of things all along. I've been seeing differently ever since. Signs.

I had an experience today. I know it might be synchonicity, or luck, or whatever, but I see it as more evidence that God is taking care of me. I am not sure who God is, but I'm sure He exists.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2280880 - 01/28/04 01:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The place I have reached in my musings so far is that the Gods of this world are immortal yet confined to this space and THEIR Gods arent, and so we have a stair-step reality of Universes one above the other...ad infinitum I suppose...and if we suffer too much at the hands of our immediate Gods then we have recource to THEIR bosses up the line...chain of command so to speak.

So I guess WE become Gods eventualy as immortals and OUR creations become further dalliances for our Superiors to enjoy.

What kind of reality will You create?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom