Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest?
    #3579490 - 01/04/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I through the aid of mushrooms have regained my once lost faith in Jesus Christ, im wondering if anyone else out there is Chistain and if so how do mushrooms relate to your spirituality. If not what are you and do mushrooms have ties to your spirituality?

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: leturheadread]
    #3579588 - 01/04/05 03:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have a clue what to believe. I use mushrooms in the hope of finding out or atleast gaining some insight into life.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3579593 - 01/04/05 03:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was raised as a Christian and maintain my Christian beliefs. I have never lost faith in my savior. Mushrooms have helped me to get back on the path, however. When I use them properly (and by this I mean not for pure recreational use or abusing them), they help me to see more clearly my problems and what I need to do to correct them. I don't think this is necessary or even the best way. I believe in the power of prayer and that by meditation and prayer you can get closer to God than by the use of any chemical or other means. I have discovered a lot of truths through prayer. I used to meditate/pray 30 minutes each day during lunch. Those were some of the strongest times of my life. I need to get back into that habit.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3579612 - 01/04/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

leturheadread said:
I through the aid of mushrooms have regained my once lost faith in Jesus Christ, im wondering if anyone else out there is Chistain and if so how do mushrooms relate to your spirituality. If not what are you and do mushrooms have ties to your spirituality?

nice! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3579684 - 01/04/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

well i definitely know what i do and dont believe, before mushrooms i considered myself an atheist, and i was, after mushrooms i am now called eclectic...which means my religion is a hodgepodge that i put together from my own beliefs, which is how i feel it should be, so no, im not a christain nor do i believe in any god, but mushrooms did help me to find a religion...if thats what you want to call it.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3579960 - 01/04/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The mushrooms reassured me that the religion was a joke.

EDIT: This thread would go better in the spirituality forum

--------------------

Edited by jux (01/04/05 05:05 PM)

InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #3579967 - 01/04/05 05:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Agnostic.

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3580000 - 01/04/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

incubaby 421 do you not think there is truth out there, how can you not beleive there is some kind of God or higher being? no offense but i find people who dont search for truth are just scared to find it? making a "hodgepodge" religoin is not a bad thing i used to agree that its the best way to go but i realized its not truth. not to say that u should dogmatically follow everyword in the bible, the only real law a person needs to live by is love God with all your heart mind body and soul and do unto others. I find almost anyone who does there homework and searches for truth finds Christ sooner or later. Im sick of people not doin any research and just signing up to trendy eastern phylosiphy or occult religoins. If u resaerch any or that there is good messages in alot of it but its not truth and can be easily debunked.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: jux]
    #3580043 - 01/04/05 05:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

what religoin or do u mean religoin in general? i agree in that alot of bad shit gets carried out in the name of God becuase of cracked religoins and becyuase people take things literaly and get dogmatic and crazed. For me following christ isnt like being part religoin its more like Jesus is my spiritual guide.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3580066 - 01/04/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am a istist :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/04/05 05:20 PM)

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

#3580075 - 01/04/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was an atheist before using sacred fungi - now I sort of developed some kind of re-incarnation religion thing like thing in my head (different than that karma - you're-now-a-beatle thing) - it might have a name but I dunno it.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Gomp]
    #3580098 - 01/04/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

leturheadread, do you believe in god because of the bible?

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3580115 - 01/04/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I mean organized religion.
Because organized religion is based on having the one and only truth, I cannot accept it.
I've seen far too often the hypocricies of christianity. Not that all christians are bad people (quite to the contrary, I think most people are genuinely ok people), but that organized religions are corrupted by man.
What can I say? I'm tired of racist christians. Jesus was a black jew.
I'm tired of the preists that take on a vow of poverty and live a life of relative comfort and luxury.

Jesus. He's quite a character. I can't help but feel that what we know and think of Jesus today is a tad too much propaganda and not enough actual fact. Son of God? Not in my mind. Virgin birth? Not on this earth.

And why must we love god? To me, God is a cruch for those who cannot live in this world without some parental eye in the sky.

There is only one lesson that I can take from Jesus, and that is to act with love towards all persons. And that doesn't seem to work out well unless everyone goes along with it.

--------------------

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: j_db69]
    #3580126 - 01/04/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I believe "GOD" to be all the energy that surrounds us, not an enity. There has always been the same amount and there will always be the same amount, no beginning and no end. Religion is mans way to interperet why we are here and it is, IMO, an easy way out. Our universe is very complex. I used to be a hardcore catholic (for 21 years) until I finally did some research into my religion and religion in general. I hope one day people won't need religion to be good people.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: j_db69]
    #3580155 - 01/04/05 05:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I belive as you jux, I do think Jesus did live and he was a great philosopher, thats all. What kind of GOD would want people to worship them? Just think of all the people that give money to churches/religions. Churches need money for new statues, paintings, ect. Why not give money to people that are starving and without clothes? Instead of going to church 1 hour a week, why not have everyone fix up a poor persons house or feed the poor?

--------------------
--Jung

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3580172 - 01/04/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I experienced Christ while tripping, but in a very different way than the Christ I was raised to believe in. I saw Christhood as a state of consciousness or awareness, and this Christ Consciousness came to me, and I was struck down to the floor by its power.

OfflineAlteredReality
ConstantlySearching

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: jux]
    #3580190 - 01/04/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was raised as a Christian and never really questioned my beliefs until recently. After some serious pondering, I came to the conclusion that the religion I followed my whole life doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. The idea of there being a hell that people would go to for not believing in God seems ludicrous to me. There are just to many truly good human beings that aren't 'christian' and don't necessarily believe that Jesus Christ died to save them from eternal damnation. It doesn't seem logical that an all knowing God would create these humans, knowing that they would not all follow, and then damn them for eternity.

That being said, I am not atheist. I guess the closest description to me is agnostic. I don't believe that we can honestly know the truth about god. I think that religion, Christianity in particular, has simplified the idea of god to much, and over time, its true meaning has been lost through over-simplification and misinterpretation.

Now, I always see arguments of 'Science vs Religion.' This, too me, seems counter-productive. Science is a tool. It is by no means perfect. It is many times corrupted to meet political or economical agendas. However, I think that it is our best tool to finding real meaning in the universe. There is so much out there that we don't understand, and science is one mean to reach an understanding. I think that it is our best opportunity to help us figure out what our place is in this corner of the universe. Hopefully humans will someday learn to work together and abandon all the silly hypocritical beliefs that they are willing to kill each other over.

Peace out.

--------------------
" If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions. But, laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barberous ancestors." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Paou]
    #3580271 - 01/04/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i do not believe in god because of the bible, even when i had no Christian faith i still new there was a god,i hated him because i didn't understand how the world could be so horrible. but how could there not be. now i am not a weak person and i do agree alot of Christians are hypocrites and weak people who just like to stay warm in there Jesus blanket(god said those who claim to follow his word but that are racist pride ridden hypocrites will get a worse punishment than someone not claiming to follow him who does the same wicked things). Any true Christian who is a true follower of Christ will have to put up with alot of shit for being just that(same as Jesus) its a test of faith(not something for the weak who are in a Jesus blanket) and i agree going to church every week and giving your money so they can build statues is bullshit i don't go to church and probably never will, being christian certainly isn't what most people think which is going to church on Sunday, being Christian and praising God is done through live your everyday life as a good person and keeping your eyes open for Gods path. And as far as Jesus being a cool dude but not the son of God i agree its hard to believe the bible word for word cause it has been translated and whatnot by man who is of a fallen greedy nature, but all the prophecies are coming true just as the birth of a savior(Jesus) did.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
    #3580326 - 01/04/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My parents were divorced when I was a kid,and my mom tried to raise me as a baptist while my dad tried to raise me catholic.My mom eventually put me in a non-denominational private school which taught that christianity(the religion) is the right way.
I've come to my own conclusion that there is no right or wrong religion or belief.Through psychedelics I have found that there is indeed a god who loves us all and does'nt discriminate.Thats all I am and all I believe in.I believe in a creator,not a religion or a book.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3580440 - 01/04/05 06:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Drugs have definately put me solidly in the path of Buddhism. I used to be Christian but it never felt real or satisfing. The more I start to understand the more Buddhism makes sense to me.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology