Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3580679 - 01/04/05 07:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Religion is man made, spirituality is only natural.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Gomp]
    #3580723 - 01/04/05 07:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
I am a istist :P

No you are Gompist 8===D

and you never make any fucking sense

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3580858 - 01/04/05 08:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baton_Rouge_Voodoo said:
I've come to my own conclusion that there is no right or wrong religion or belief. Through psychedelics I have found that there is indeed a god who loves us all and does'nt discriminate.Thats all I am and all I believe in.I believe in a creator,not a religion or a book.

If you are easily offended read no further.

These are my thoughts and are in NO WAY directed towards you as an individual, but are based on my experiences.

--

Back when I lost my faith in God I succumbed to this deception.

I spiritualy felt deprived because of my turning from the faith and felt shame full force. (Obviously not because of the knowledge that I lost faith in the reality of God (Jesus also), but because I chose to live my life on my own (outside of the Holy Spirit) I received dead emotions, black spirit, and the most powerful lust for my own desires in exchange for the joy, pure spirit, death to want I had when I lived by the Spirit.)

God loves everyone. God is no respector of persons.

Bow down before the one you serve, you ARE going to get what you deserve.

I'd be embarresed to have a weak god that let man be glorified after betraying him. Look at the world around you and it's self-evident that somewhere in the past.. someone pissed off God... and for the majority are PISSING God off!

Sickness? Death? Suicide? Lust? Murder?

Come on God... let those liars, thiefs, murderers, haters of you, etc. live happily ever after with those with a change in heart who chose to serve YOU!

--this is what I realized when I FINALLY got my senses back together and picked the cross back up and followed once again mind you.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: leturheadread]
    #3580871 - 01/04/05 08:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was raise as a Christian (catholic) but have given up my religion. I am, and perhaps always ways, an agnostic. A fence-sitter, if you will :grin:

Mushrooms do not hold any specific meaning for me in a spiritual sense (not that they can't hold some for others...they just don't for me). Mushrooms are a drug, as far as I am concerned, which can be used for many different things. Enjoyment and psychological exploration are the big two.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: trendal]
    #3581014 - 01/04/05 08:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

for the record a catholic is as far from a Christian as a satanist, between the idolatry and blatant twisting of Scripture not to mention the shit that the catholic church has done, policy of non involvement in the Holocaust, the witch trails, not letting there priest fuck chicks driving them to little boys...the list goes on, point is i hate Catholicism it is Christianities bastard son

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3581028 - 01/04/05 08:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So, because I'm a Catholic I'm as far from a Christian as a satanist?

You, sir, have lost my respect and shown that you truely are ignorant.
Congradulations.

--------------------

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: jux]
    #3581921 - 01/05/05 12:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Most catholics might as well be satanists, anyone who is a catholic has done no research into their religion, and not questioning even Christianity would offend God. God wants you to do the research and find that he is truth, he doesn't mind if u read about Buddhism or whatever cause he knows if it is truth you seek it is him you will find. Jux you said and i quote

"Jesus. He's quite a character. I can't help but feel that what we know and think of Jesus today is a tad too much propaganda and not enough actual fact. Son of God? Not in my mind. Virgin birth? Not on this earth."

Thus you are not a Catholic
Many Catholics in the past have pretty much been satanist, to be a satanist is not necessarily to worship Satan but to worship yourself, pride and selfishness, something the Catholic church has displayed in great Length. Idolatry and bearing false witness are both crimes against god that Satan has coerced them into, thus they are serving......that's right Satan. Not to say all catholics are bad, or evil, I'm just saying most of them piss me off because they are ignorant robots who have questioned nothing and done no research into their "Faith" which most Catholics don't have. They just go to church every Sunday and say their robotic prayers to their god who has turned a deaf ear to them. "not all who call upon my name and say "lord lord" will be saved"

It is my turn to say it now, i have lost any respect i had for you, first your not a Catholic and now you are. Which is it? And yes what i said was somewhat of an ignorant comment but it really pisses me off when catholics say they are Christan because they aren't they are very very fucking far from it, a lot of people who call themselves Christan's are imposter's which is why Christan's have a bad name. Im sorry if i offended any Catholics but most of u need some offending.

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3581969 - 01/05/05 12:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i man religion in general personally, i believe in a higher being, its called my soul, and actually i believe in an infinite amount of higher beings, and ive found what i beleive to be the truth, as have you, and it works for both of us evidently, i could say the same of you, being a member of organized religion, that your scared to die and go to hell and thats why you practice your religion, but that would be about as ignorant as you telling me that im to scared to find the truth and thats why i believe what i believe, follow???

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3581987 - 01/05/05 12:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ultratheist

I believe god, at least for me, is a archaic and useless concept representing something that can be better explained or manifest differently. At the same time I don't think I am on a different wavelength than many of you.

My philosophy was pretty well defined long before mushrooms, but they helped to work this philosophy into the rest of my life in a constructive way.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3582049 - 01/05/05 12:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I believe in what is best described by Taoism, that everything is united and natural, following one natural Way, like cells in a great cosmic consciousness. I've felt this even on marijuana, that I look around and realize that everything must be conscious and that the boundaries separating everything from me are only illusions that my ego has been taught to put up around me. Psychedelics always shatter those illusions, and I can truely feel that I do not exist as separate, and we are all part of one great unity.

In stress and materialism I often forget about this Tao and this unity, but as soon as I do psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD they bring back my realizations that my ego is just an illusion of human identity, not the unified human consciousness itself.

I haven't believed in God or theism and such since I was 8 or 9, I have no need to believe in some master ego residing over us all when the beauty of existence is part of us and all around us. The cosmos is part of our perception, and it takes no leap of faith to believe in the Tao for me, because it is what is all around us. I've felt this confirmed many times on entheogens. God, on the other hand, never seemed to ring as true on entheogens. I've always thought it possible he was just a great spirit that was part of the Tao as much as any of us, but then he wouldn't be the God, just another great consciousness.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3582451 - 01/05/05 02:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

To leturhead

You, sir, are a biggot.
I was born into a Catholic family and raised a Catholic. When a person is born to a Jewish family and is raised Jewish but does not practice, that person is still called a Jew. The same applies to myself. I am a Catholic in heritage, and what you are saying shows complete immaturity in both your life and your faith. I consider your saying that "most catholics might as well be satanists" to be no less than a personal attack on not only myself, but my family as well. Saying that "anyone who is a catholic has done no research into their religion" is perhaps the most ridiculous remark I have had the misfortune of reading. You do realize how fallacious such a remark is, correct?

Tell me, where in the Bible does it say that God would be offended for not questioning Christianity? I've read the Bible before, but I can't recall a single passage that would indicate God being displeased by us not questioning him. Maybe I forgot that passage, it is, after all, a rather large book.

The next point I'd like to make in this little tyrade is your definition of the word Satanist. My dictionary would have me believe that a satanist is "an adherent of Satan or Satanism." No where does it mention the worship of self, pride, or selfishnes..

Furthermore, you act as though the Catholic Church is the only church to have corruption. As I mentioned in a previous post, all organized religions are corrupt by virtue of their association with men.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I do not believe in this God character. Without this God character, there can be no Satan character. Ergo, your supposition that the Catholic Church is working for Satan holds no ground until you can prove to me that Satan is the root of all evil.

While we are on the subject, show me a single man who hasn't commited a sin. You cannot do it. Does this mean that all persons are serving Satan? God really dropped the ball on this one.

"I'm just saying most of them piss me off because they are ignorant robots who have questioned nothing and done no research into their "Faith" which most Catholics don't have."
You know what is really ignorant? Assuming that "most" Catholics are ignorant.

It is clear to me that the average adolescent has a firmer grasp on reality than you have demonstrated.

I'd like to leave you with some advice.
Use apostrophes before the "s" when it is possessive, not to indicate plurality. Oh, and remember to remove your head from your ass so as you may realize how much of a biggot you are. The Bible tells me that God said that all people where his children, and that he loves them all. How dare you fucking judge someone because of their faith you racist ***** of ****. You are as disgusting to me as any member of the Klu Klux Klan.

Grow up and stop being a tool.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3582889 - 01/05/05 05:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leturheadread said:
for the record a catholic is as far from a Christian as a satanist, between the idolatry and blatant twisting of Scripture not to mention the shit that the catholic church has done, policy of non involvement in the Holocaust, the witch trails, not letting there priest fuck chicks driving them to little boys...the list goes on, point is i hate Catholicism it is Christianities bastard son

Well, hello friend.

I'm sure that you are aware, if you have studied the Christian religion, that there was only one Christian Church for the first 1500 years or so; it was called Catholic which means universal. Hence the Catholic Church is the Universal Christian Church. It wasn't until about five hundred years ago when a priest named Martin Luther revolted that there were any Christian sects other than the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Since that first split there have been many fragmentations of Christianity. This is just history; not judgment. As a practicing Catholic I'm not offended when I hear stuff like your comments; as you know taking heat is part of being a Christian, however I am puzzled. Where do people get this stuff?

Where do you think the Bible came from, if not from the only Christian church that existed for the first 1500 years after Jesus?

Mushrooms have definitely been an aid in my spiritual journey, but I agree with supernova; they are not necessary and can even be a hindrance if they are abused.

Welcome to the Shroomery leturheadread.  :smile:

Hopefully we can all get along.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: jux]
    #3582960 - 01/05/05 05:58 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by wandrnshaman (01/05/05 06:05 AM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3582965 - 01/05/05 06:10 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3582971 - 01/05/05 06:22 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:jesus:

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3582975 - 01/05/05 06:25 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a recently converted atheist. I was Christian for all of my thinking life. Funnily enough, it was mushrooms that converted me to atheism.
If anyone wants to see a good argument for atheism, read the words to this song:
http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/lyrics/You_Are_What_You_Is.html#Dumb
As far as I can see, al religions pretty much seem to be an anthropomorphism of the cycle of the sun, with a load of heavy control thrown in for good measure.

--------------------
LURK

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3582985 - 01/05/05 06:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"The catholic church has an apalling amount of corruption since taking over Christianity a few hundred years after Christ was crucified."

My read of the Bible is that the Church was established by Jesus when he said to Peter "On this rock I build my Church." Now they may not have been called Catholic for a few hundred years, I'm not sure about that, but there was only one Christian Church from the time of Jesus until the Protestant Reformation.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: shroomydan]
    #3582990 - 01/05/05 06:37 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3582992 - 01/05/05 06:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The Catholic Church is Christianity.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: shroomydan]
    #3582996 - 01/05/05 06:42 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale