Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest?
    #3579490 - 01/04/05 02:58 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I through the aid of mushrooms have regained my once lost faith in Jesus Christ, im wondering if anyone else out there is Chistain and if so how do mushrooms relate to your spirituality. If not what are you and do mushrooms have ties to your spirituality?

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: leturheadread]
    #3579588 - 01/04/05 03:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have a clue what to believe. I use mushrooms in the hope of finding out or atleast gaining some insight into life.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3579593 - 01/04/05 03:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was raised as a Christian and maintain my Christian beliefs. I have never lost faith in my savior. Mushrooms have helped me to get back on the path, however. When I use them properly (and by this I mean not for pure recreational use or abusing them), they help me to see more clearly my problems and what I need to do to correct them. I don't think this is necessary or even the best way. I believe in the power of prayer and that by meditation and prayer you can get closer to God than by the use of any chemical or other means. I have discovered a lot of truths through prayer. I used to meditate/pray 30 minutes each day during lunch. Those were some of the strongest times of my life. I need to get back into that habit.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3579612 - 01/04/05 03:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leturheadread said:
I through the aid of mushrooms have regained my once lost faith in Jesus Christ, im wondering if anyone else out there is Chistain and if so how do mushrooms relate to your spirituality. If not what are you and do mushrooms have ties to your spirituality?

nice! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3579684 - 01/04/05 03:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

well i definitely know what i do and dont believe, before mushrooms i considered myself an atheist, and i was, after mushrooms i am now called eclectic...which means my religion is a hodgepodge that i put together from my own beliefs, which is how i feel it should be, so no, im not a christain nor do i believe in any god, but mushrooms did help me to find a religion...if thats what you want to call it.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3579960 - 01/04/05 05:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The mushrooms reassured me that the religion was a joke.

EDIT: This thread would go better in the spirituality forum

--------------------

Edited by jux (01/04/05 05:05 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3579967 - 01/04/05 05:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Agnostic.

--------------------

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3580000 - 01/04/05 05:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

incubaby 421 do you not think there is truth out there, how can you not beleive there is some kind of God or higher being? no offense but i find people who dont search for truth are just scared to find it? making a "hodgepodge" religoin is not a bad thing i used to agree that its the best way to go but i realized its not truth. not to say that u should dogmatically follow everyword in the bible, the only real law a person needs to live by is love God with all your heart mind body and soul and do unto others. I find almost anyone who does there homework and searches for truth finds Christ sooner or later. Im sick of people not doin any research and just signing up to trendy eastern phylosiphy or occult religoins. If u resaerch any or that there is good messages in alot of it but its not truth and can be easily debunked.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: jux]
    #3580043 - 01/04/05 05:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

what religoin or do u mean religoin in general? i agree in that alot of bad shit gets carried out in the name of God becuase of cracked religoins and becyuase people take things literaly and get dogmatic and crazed. For me following christ isnt like being part religoin its more like Jesus is my spiritual guide.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3580066 - 01/04/05 05:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I am a istist :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (01/04/05 05:20 PM)

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

#3580075 - 01/04/05 05:22 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was an atheist before using sacred fungi - now I sort of developed some kind of re-incarnation religion thing like thing in my head (different than that karma - you're-now-a-beatle thing) - it might have a name but I dunno it.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Gomp]
    #3580098 - 01/04/05 05:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

leturheadread, do you believe in god because of the bible?

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3580115 - 01/04/05 05:29 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I mean organized religion.
Because organized religion is based on having the one and only truth, I cannot accept it.
I've seen far too often the hypocricies of christianity. Not that all christians are bad people (quite to the contrary, I think most people are genuinely ok people), but that organized religions are corrupted by man.
What can I say? I'm tired of racist christians. Jesus was a black jew.
I'm tired of the preists that take on a vow of poverty and live a life of relative comfort and luxury.

Jesus. He's quite a character. I can't help but feel that what we know and think of Jesus today is a tad too much propaganda and not enough actual fact. Son of God? Not in my mind. Virgin birth? Not on this earth.

And why must we love god? To me, God is a cruch for those who cannot live in this world without some parental eye in the sky.

There is only one lesson that I can take from Jesus, and that is to act with love towards all persons. And that doesn't seem to work out well unless everyone goes along with it.

--------------------

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: j_db69]
    #3580126 - 01/04/05 05:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I believe "GOD" to be all the energy that surrounds us, not an enity. There has always been the same amount and there will always be the same amount, no beginning and no end. Religion is mans way to interperet why we are here and it is, IMO, an easy way out. Our universe is very complex. I used to be a hardcore catholic (for 21 years) until I finally did some research into my religion and religion in general. I hope one day people won't need religion to be good people.

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: j_db69]
    #3580155 - 01/04/05 05:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I belive as you jux, I do think Jesus did live and he was a great philosopher, thats all. What kind of GOD would want people to worship them? Just think of all the people that give money to churches/religions. Churches need money for new statues, paintings, ect. Why not give money to people that are starving and without clothes? Instead of going to church 1 hour a week, why not have everyone fix up a poor persons house or feed the poor?

--------------------
--Jung

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3580172 - 01/04/05 05:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I experienced Christ while tripping, but in a very different way than the Christ I was raised to believe in. I saw Christhood as a state of consciousness or awareness, and this Christ Consciousness came to me, and I was struck down to the floor by its power.

OfflineAlteredReality
ConstantlySearching

#3580190 - 01/04/05 05:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was raised as a Christian and never really questioned my beliefs until recently. After some serious pondering, I came to the conclusion that the religion I followed my whole life doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. The idea of there being a hell that people would go to for not believing in God seems ludicrous to me. There are just to many truly good human beings that aren't 'christian' and don't necessarily believe that Jesus Christ died to save them from eternal damnation. It doesn't seem logical that an all knowing God would create these humans, knowing that they would not all follow, and then damn them for eternity.

That being said, I am not atheist. I guess the closest description to me is agnostic. I don't believe that we can honestly know the truth about god. I think that religion, Christianity in particular, has simplified the idea of god to much, and over time, its true meaning has been lost through over-simplification and misinterpretation.

Now, I always see arguments of 'Science vs Religion.' This, too me, seems counter-productive. Science is a tool. It is by no means perfect. It is many times corrupted to meet political or economical agendas. However, I think that it is our best tool to finding real meaning in the universe. There is so much out there that we don't understand, and science is one mean to reach an understanding. I think that it is our best opportunity to help us figure out what our place is in this corner of the universe. Hopefully humans will someday learn to work together and abandon all the silly hypocritical beliefs that they are willing to kill each other over.

Peace out.

--------------------
" If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions. But, laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barberous ancestors." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Paou]
    #3580271 - 01/04/05 05:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i do not believe in god because of the bible, even when i had no Christian faith i still new there was a god,i hated him because i didn't understand how the world could be so horrible. but how could there not be. now i am not a weak person and i do agree alot of Christians are hypocrites and weak people who just like to stay warm in there Jesus blanket(god said those who claim to follow his word but that are racist pride ridden hypocrites will get a worse punishment than someone not claiming to follow him who does the same wicked things). Any true Christian who is a true follower of Christ will have to put up with alot of shit for being just that(same as Jesus) its a test of faith(not something for the weak who are in a Jesus blanket) and i agree going to church every week and giving your money so they can build statues is bullshit i don't go to church and probably never will, being christian certainly isn't what most people think which is going to church on Sunday, being Christian and praising God is done through live your everyday life as a good person and keeping your eyes open for Gods path. And as far as Jesus being a cool dude but not the son of God i agree its hard to believe the bible word for word cause it has been translated and whatnot by man who is of a fallen greedy nature, but all the prophecies are coming true just as the birth of a savior(Jesus) did.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
    #3580326 - 01/04/05 06:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

My parents were divorced when I was a kid,and my mom tried to raise me as a baptist while my dad tried to raise me catholic.My mom eventually put me in a non-denominational private school which taught that christianity(the religion) is the right way.
I've come to my own conclusion that there is no right or wrong religion or belief.Through psychedelics I have found that there is indeed a god who loves us all and does'nt discriminate.Thats all I am and all I believe in.I believe in a creator,not a religion or a book.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3580440 - 01/04/05 06:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Drugs have definately put me solidly in the path of Buddhism. I used to be Christian but it never felt real or satisfing. The more I start to understand the more Buddhism makes sense to me.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3580679 - 01/04/05 07:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Religion is man made, spirituality is only natural.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: Gomp]
    #3580723 - 01/04/05 07:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
I am a istist :P

No you are Gompist 8===D

and you never make any fucking sense

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3580858 - 01/04/05 08:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baton_Rouge_Voodoo said:
I've come to my own conclusion that there is no right or wrong religion or belief. Through psychedelics I have found that there is indeed a god who loves us all and does'nt discriminate.Thats all I am and all I believe in.I believe in a creator,not a religion or a book.

If you are easily offended read no further.

These are my thoughts and are in NO WAY directed towards you as an individual, but are based on my experiences.

--

Back when I lost my faith in God I succumbed to this deception.

I spiritualy felt deprived because of my turning from the faith and felt shame full force. (Obviously not because of the knowledge that I lost faith in the reality of God (Jesus also), but because I chose to live my life on my own (outside of the Holy Spirit) I received dead emotions, black spirit, and the most powerful lust for my own desires in exchange for the joy, pure spirit, death to want I had when I lived by the Spirit.)

God loves everyone. God is no respector of persons.

Bow down before the one you serve, you ARE going to get what you deserve.

I'd be embarresed to have a weak god that let man be glorified after betraying him. Look at the world around you and it's self-evident that somewhere in the past.. someone pissed off God... and for the majority are PISSING God off!

Sickness? Death? Suicide? Lust? Murder?

Come on God... let those liars, thiefs, murderers, haters of you, etc. live happily ever after with those with a change in heart who chose to serve YOU!

--this is what I realized when I FINALLY got my senses back together and picked the cross back up and followed once again mind you.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3580871 - 01/04/05 08:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I was raise as a Christian (catholic) but have given up my religion. I am, and perhaps always ways, an agnostic. A fence-sitter, if you will :grin:

Mushrooms do not hold any specific meaning for me in a spiritual sense (not that they can't hold some for others...they just don't for me). Mushrooms are a drug, as far as I am concerned, which can be used for many different things. Enjoyment and psychological exploration are the big two.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: trendal]
    #3581014 - 01/04/05 08:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

for the record a catholic is as far from a Christian as a satanist, between the idolatry and blatant twisting of Scripture not to mention the shit that the catholic church has done, policy of non involvement in the Holocaust, the witch trails, not letting there priest fuck chicks driving them to little boys...the list goes on, point is i hate Catholicism it is Christianities bastard son

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3581028 - 01/04/05 08:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So, because I'm a Catholic I'm as far from a Christian as a satanist?

You, sir, have lost my respect and shown that you truely are ignorant.
Congradulations.

--------------------

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

#3581921 - 01/05/05 12:12 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Most catholics might as well be satanists, anyone who is a catholic has done no research into their religion, and not questioning even Christianity would offend God. God wants you to do the research and find that he is truth, he doesn't mind if u read about Buddhism or whatever cause he knows if it is truth you seek it is him you will find. Jux you said and i quote

"Jesus. He's quite a character. I can't help but feel that what we know and think of Jesus today is a tad too much propaganda and not enough actual fact. Son of God? Not in my mind. Virgin birth? Not on this earth."

Thus you are not a Catholic
Many Catholics in the past have pretty much been satanist, to be a satanist is not necessarily to worship Satan but to worship yourself, pride and selfishness, something the Catholic church has displayed in great Length. Idolatry and bearing false witness are both crimes against god that Satan has coerced them into, thus they are serving......that's right Satan. Not to say all catholics are bad, or evil, I'm just saying most of them piss me off because they are ignorant robots who have questioned nothing and done no research into their "Faith" which most Catholics don't have. They just go to church every Sunday and say their robotic prayers to their god who has turned a deaf ear to them. "not all who call upon my name and say "lord lord" will be saved"

It is my turn to say it now, i have lost any respect i had for you, first your not a Catholic and now you are. Which is it? And yes what i said was somewhat of an ignorant comment but it really pisses me off when catholics say they are Christan because they aren't they are very very fucking far from it, a lot of people who call themselves Christan's are imposter's which is why Christan's have a bad name. Im sorry if i offended any Catholics but most of u need some offending.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3581969 - 01/05/05 12:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i man religion in general personally, i believe in a higher being, its called my soul, and actually i believe in an infinite amount of higher beings, and ive found what i beleive to be the truth, as have you, and it works for both of us evidently, i could say the same of you, being a member of organized religion, that your scared to die and go to hell and thats why you practice your religion, but that would be about as ignorant as you telling me that im to scared to find the truth and thats why i believe what i believe, follow???

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3581987 - 01/05/05 12:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

ultratheist

I believe god, at least for me, is a archaic and useless concept representing something that can be better explained or manifest differently. At the same time I don't think I am on a different wavelength than many of you.

My philosophy was pretty well defined long before mushrooms, but they helped to work this philosophy into the rest of my life in a constructive way.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3582049 - 01/05/05 12:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I believe in what is best described by Taoism, that everything is united and natural, following one natural Way, like cells in a great cosmic consciousness. I've felt this even on marijuana, that I look around and realize that everything must be conscious and that the boundaries separating everything from me are only illusions that my ego has been taught to put up around me. Psychedelics always shatter those illusions, and I can truely feel that I do not exist as separate, and we are all part of one great unity.

In stress and materialism I often forget about this Tao and this unity, but as soon as I do psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD they bring back my realizations that my ego is just an illusion of human identity, not the unified human consciousness itself.

I haven't believed in God or theism and such since I was 8 or 9, I have no need to believe in some master ego residing over us all when the beauty of existence is part of us and all around us. The cosmos is part of our perception, and it takes no leap of faith to believe in the Tao for me, because it is what is all around us. I've felt this confirmed many times on entheogens. God, on the other hand, never seemed to ring as true on entheogens. I've always thought it possible he was just a great spirit that was part of the Tao as much as any of us, but then he wouldn't be the God, just another great consciousness.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3582451 - 01/05/05 02:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

To leturhead

You, sir, are a biggot.
I was born into a Catholic family and raised a Catholic. When a person is born to a Jewish family and is raised Jewish but does not practice, that person is still called a Jew. The same applies to myself. I am a Catholic in heritage, and what you are saying shows complete immaturity in both your life and your faith. I consider your saying that "most catholics might as well be satanists" to be no less than a personal attack on not only myself, but my family as well. Saying that "anyone who is a catholic has done no research into their religion" is perhaps the most ridiculous remark I have had the misfortune of reading. You do realize how fallacious such a remark is, correct?

Tell me, where in the Bible does it say that God would be offended for not questioning Christianity? I've read the Bible before, but I can't recall a single passage that would indicate God being displeased by us not questioning him. Maybe I forgot that passage, it is, after all, a rather large book.

The next point I'd like to make in this little tyrade is your definition of the word Satanist. My dictionary would have me believe that a satanist is "an adherent of Satan or Satanism." No where does it mention the worship of self, pride, or selfishnes..

Furthermore, you act as though the Catholic Church is the only church to have corruption. As I mentioned in a previous post, all organized religions are corrupt by virtue of their association with men.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I do not believe in this God character. Without this God character, there can be no Satan character. Ergo, your supposition that the Catholic Church is working for Satan holds no ground until you can prove to me that Satan is the root of all evil.

While we are on the subject, show me a single man who hasn't commited a sin. You cannot do it. Does this mean that all persons are serving Satan? God really dropped the ball on this one.

"I'm just saying most of them piss me off because they are ignorant robots who have questioned nothing and done no research into their "Faith" which most Catholics don't have."
You know what is really ignorant? Assuming that "most" Catholics are ignorant.

It is clear to me that the average adolescent has a firmer grasp on reality than you have demonstrated.

I'd like to leave you with some advice.
Use apostrophes before the "s" when it is possessive, not to indicate plurality. Oh, and remember to remove your head from your ass so as you may realize how much of a biggot you are. The Bible tells me that God said that all people where his children, and that he loves them all. How dare you fucking judge someone because of their faith you racist ***** of ****. You are as disgusting to me as any member of the Klu Klux Klan.

Grow up and stop being a tool.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3582889 - 01/05/05 05:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leturheadread said:
for the record a catholic is as far from a Christian as a satanist, between the idolatry and blatant twisting of Scripture not to mention the shit that the catholic church has done, policy of non involvement in the Holocaust, the witch trails, not letting there priest fuck chicks driving them to little boys...the list goes on, point is i hate Catholicism it is Christianities bastard son

Well, hello friend.

I'm sure that you are aware, if you have studied the Christian religion, that there was only one Christian Church for the first 1500 years or so; it was called Catholic which means universal. Hence the Catholic Church is the Universal Christian Church. It wasn't until about five hundred years ago when a priest named Martin Luther revolted that there were any Christian sects other than the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Since that first split there have been many fragmentations of Christianity. This is just history; not judgment. As a practicing Catholic I'm not offended when I hear stuff like your comments; as you know taking heat is part of being a Christian, however I am puzzled. Where do people get this stuff?

Where do you think the Bible came from, if not from the only Christian church that existed for the first 1500 years after Jesus?

Mushrooms have definitely been an aid in my spiritual journey, but I agree with supernova; they are not necessary and can even be a hindrance if they are abused.

Welcome to the Shroomery leturheadread.  :smile:

Hopefully we can all get along.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: jux]
    #3582960 - 01/05/05 05:58 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by wandrnshaman (01/05/05 06:05 AM)

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3582965 - 01/05/05 06:10 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3582971 - 01/05/05 06:22 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:jesus:

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3582975 - 01/05/05 06:25 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a recently converted atheist. I was Christian for all of my thinking life. Funnily enough, it was mushrooms that converted me to atheism.
If anyone wants to see a good argument for atheism, read the words to this song:
http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/lyrics/You_Are_What_You_Is.html#Dumb
As far as I can see, al religions pretty much seem to be an anthropomorphism of the cycle of the sun, with a load of heavy control thrown in for good measure.

--------------------
LURK

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3582985 - 01/05/05 06:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"The catholic church has an apalling amount of corruption since taking over Christianity a few hundred years after Christ was crucified."

My read of the Bible is that the Church was established by Jesus when he said to Peter "On this rock I build my Church." Now they may not have been called Catholic for a few hundred years, I'm not sure about that, but there was only one Christian Church from the time of Jesus until the Protestant Reformation.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: shroomydan]
    #3582990 - 01/05/05 06:37 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3582992 - 01/05/05 06:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The Catholic Church is Christianity.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? *DELETED* [Re: shroomydan]
    #3582996 - 01/05/05 06:42 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

#3583003 - 01/05/05 06:45 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well,

May the Peace of Christ be with you.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3583016 - 01/05/05 06:58 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Catholicism, Baptism, Mormonism, Jehovahs Witness, Methodism, Evangelism, Latter Day Saints, Eastern Authodox: They are ALL as bad as EACH OTHER.
This goes for the Suni and Shea branches of Islam, and all the others. Doesn't this show what a load of bullshit religion is (IMHO)????
"Depending what book you're using at the time, don't work, it's all lies, gotta use mine." - Frank Zappa.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3583062 - 01/05/05 07:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You should check the archives, there a lot on this.
I was raised Jewish, but discovered The Way through psychedelic experiences, and eventually identified myself as a Jewish Christian. I discovered some years later that the date of my first LSD trip, and the date of my baptism, were exactly four years apart to the day - July 1, 1972 and July 1, 1976. I later took a Masters degree in theology in a Methodist seminary.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3583329 - 01/05/05 10:27 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

for the record a catholic is as far from a Christian as a satanist

Where did you learn that? The Catholic church represents the bulk of Christianity and is also the root of Christianity. While I agree that the Catholic church has, over the past two millenia, become involved in things which they shouldn't have and strayed from the true teachings of Jesus Christ...I would not try to compare Catholicism to Satanism. They don't even come close.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3583374 - 01/05/05 10:54 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Im sick of people not doin any research and just signing up to trendy eastern phylosiphy or occult religoins.

This sounds to me like "I'm sick of people who don't agree with me."

I'm sure whatever I believe is at best a tiny fraction of the truth.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: christains? buddist? athiest? (spelling patrol) [Re: leturheadread]
    #3583576 - 01/05/05 12:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

christian
buddhist
atheist

~
i was a card-carrying member of "the society of evangelical agnostics"

but in order to complete the motif, i had to schism with the mother order & thus found "s.e.a. reform branch" (& thus: "we'll believe anything once"...

:wink:

ymmv...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
& proudly presenting: [Re: gnrm23]
    #3583585 - 01/05/05 12:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

a new quasi-heretical gaian mahayanist christian sect

---

the gnostic redeemer zen lutheran church of north america ltd pty...

gesundheit...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
& now a word from our sponsor: [Re: gnrm23]
    #3583590 - 01/05/05 12:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

FNORD!!!

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
historical mishamash... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3583661 - 01/05/05 12:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i dunno how this got to be a catholic-bashing dealio, but...
early christianity was primarily urban in nature...
& there were 5 "patriarchates" of which rome was only one...
after the first few centuries of its history (during which many "heretics" were eliminated) the christian church(es) moved from a fringe jewish messianic cult to a persecuted minority to an accepted religion of the roman empire (constantine was emperor of the roman empire, seated in greece/turkey, & not in rome)to becoming damned near mandatory for everyone in europe & nearby environs...
the great schism between east & west took place in the late 11th century (over the nature of the person of the holy spirit); the "protestant reformation" got underway during the lifetime of dr martin luther (late 15th & early 16th centuries), a roman catholic (order of st augustine) priest & professor of bible studies at wittenburg university (though there were more lacalized reform movement in europe several years before luther was born)...

all roman catholics are (nominally) christian; not all (nominal) christians are roman catholic...
as to who is REALLY a christian --- well, "by their fruits shall ye know them"...

~
really, calling roman catholic baliefs as far from "mainstream christianity" as satanism is absurd...
RC is one of 3 main groups of Xtianity - eastern orthodoxy, roman caholicism, & the many protestant churches...
(there are others with long histories, & some rather ecent variations so far from "mainstream" as to be considered ummmm not 'zackly christian...)

oy

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
dr huston smith [Re: gnrm23]
    #3583664 - 01/05/05 12:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

www.hustonsmith.com

go to yr local library & check out _why religion matters_ for an excellent read, mmmmkay?

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? athiest? (spelling patrol) [Re: gnrm23]
    #3583668 - 01/05/05 12:42 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
christian
buddhist
atheist

~
i was a card-carrying member of "the society of evangelical agnostics"

but in order to complete the motif, i had to schism with the mother order & thus found "s.e.a. reform branch" (& thus: "we'll believe anything once"...

:wink:

ymmv...

Oh thats CLASS. :thumbup: :smirk: :heart:

--------------------
LURK

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

Re: christains? buddist? athiest? (spelling patrol) [Re: Loosifa]
    #3583686 - 01/05/05 12:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oooga-booga-mhay-itstheway

come fly with me

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: phi1618]
    #3583952 - 01/05/05 02:29 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
Quote:

I'm sick of people not doing any research and just signing up to trendy eastern philosophy or occult religions.

This sounds to me like "I'm sick of people who don't agree with me."

I'm sure whatever I believe is at best a tiny fraction of the truth.

No not at all i wouldn't want everyone to agree with me then there would be no arguments and what fun would that be. I'm simply saying i don't like it when people don't do there research, its annoying when you know more about a persons religion(when not of that faith) then they do. and no I'm not saying i know everything not even close i just find allot of people don't even know much about what they pledge elegance to. its not really dangerous to decide what shoes you buy based on trends but to decide what faith you will hold based on trends isn't very bright.

also i apologize for my exaggerated comparison of the catholic church to satanism, i just get worked up cause catholics tend to give true followers of Christ a bad name.

--------------------
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3584210 - 01/05/05 03:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

im with cubed,
dude, grab the bongos and let us go make tribal music!

--------------------

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
Re: christains? buddist? athiest? (spelling patrol) [Re: gnrm23]
    #3584269 - 01/05/05 03:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
christian
buddhist
atheist

That's about how I would describe myself, except I'd also throw in Taoist, Hindu, and pantheist. I'm a religious mutt.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: historical mishamash... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3584903 - 01/05/05 06:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Happy New Year gnrm23! Where ya been? How ya doin'?

I think I have a Christian exterior and a Buddhist interior, but they both interface at the Sacred Heart-Diamond Body. I don't know how to put this without confusing people which is something I do NOT want to do. Hmmmmm. Simple Compassion rules my Heart, but complicated esotericism fills my mind. On one of my first trips...perhaps my third...I said to my original tripping buddy: "Feelings are melted thoughts." Does any of this make sense to you?

--------------------

Invisiblepurpledropper
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: historical mishamash... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3585232 - 01/05/05 06:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

im an athiest but also an entheobotanical agnostic, so who knows, but definitely not affiliated with any organized religion

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
    #3587006 - 01/06/05 01:44 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Nice thread. I mean i like all these religious and philosophic discussions but everything always gets repeated. SO here's another repitition of my beliefs...

I was born and raised a polish catholic. I remember having to stand up for hours and then kneel down on my knees following this stupid ritual  repeating along with everyone else "my fault, my fault, my enormous fault" (in polish) I had nfi what i did wrong and why i must feel guilty.

I'm guessing now this reffers to the sinful ways of mankind and the way we persecuted christ and killed him. It's the same thing as Original Sin. becuase someone ate an apple and god was angry we have to feel guilty. But am I as an individual responsible for the actions of those before me? I suppose if you look at the more eastern philosophy of all mankind and all things in the universe being One universal consciousness then I am also those people that crucified jesus. haha and hey so was jesus! does he have to feel guilty about killing himself? Does his father 'God' feel guilty about killing him?

haha this is just nonsense talk. Besides christians don't believe in this universal consciousness thing being 'God'. God is a very personified entity. He is after all a 'he'. We must praise him, bless him and thank him. I forget what post it was but it was a great read comparing Christianity to Eastern Philosophies and that really everything being the same and us all being one makes a lot more sense than us individuals being down here and an omnipotent insecure god up there.

The christian God always needs reassurance. He has very low self esteem and must continually be praised. Like a big Bully that is weak on the inside we feed him this praise because of his threats of eternal damnation if we do not believe in him and praise him.

I don't practice buddhism or believe in hinduism or any of that. Although any sort of meditation or prayer i believe is highly beneficial. It just seems that buddhims is as easily corrupted as Christianity. In Thailand the monestaries accept donations but some monks DEMAND a donation or they don't bless you, probably curse you instead.

Occult religions sound very interesting to me with their sacred geometry and links to Egyptian 'Mystery Schools' and all that, but Freemasons are fucking nuts! :laugh:

Quote:

leturheadread said:
I find almost anyone who does there homework and searches for truth finds Christ sooner or later.

Haha meaning that in the end Christianity is the only real truth, the rest of us just aren't doing our homework.

The only thing that could persuade me is Biblical Numerology. In the Hebrew Alphabet every letter correspnds to a numerical value. The way the Torah is written is pretty crazy in that there are so many mathematical patterns mostly multiples of seven etc... Supposedly it would take people thousands of years (or a long time at least).

Maybe for us today it would be impossible. But im thinking maybe Jewish spiritual leaders were once well versed with mathematical patterns in sentences and paragraphs, having known the language and their numerical values from childhood. Perhaps they could even construct pages of words with these patterns with some training, in order to give their writings some religious authority. Of course i don't know how difficult this would be but crazier things have been done my Idiot-savants(sp?) And the mysteries of the Pyramid and the vast astrological knowledge and their acuracy at the time is crazy. But you wouldn't believe in jackal and bird- headed figures being gods now would you?

To me believing in christianity is like believing in Norse Mythology. century old mythological beliefs and superstitions.

I made a joke of this lining up to go to church at our school(catholic) and bowed down to Thor when a lightning storm started. hehe.

Anyway if this Numerology proves that the bible is the direct word of god (without human interperetation which would explain the stupid hypocritical shit) then in the words of modest mouse: 'God who'd wanna be such an asshole?'

Spiting people, turning cities of lesbians and poofs into salt (err.. from memory) The old testament is filled with funny shit, everyone should read it. If god is all loving but chooses who shall be rewarded and punished then that is the biggest hypocrisy that disproves the christian faith.

This is especially wrong if this decision is based on somebody's faith rather than the way they lived their life.

Also another silly thing, 'God hates Fags' but hey didn't god create man in his image? Does he hate himself in that case? Also i'd to cleare up for all the christians that homosexuality is not really a choice but a physiological thing. It's like hating somebody because they're retarded.

jeez what a long rant.

To finish off, i quite like the idea of a collective consciousness. That is it connects ALL things in the universe. So you are the same as you're shoe etc... Like the blanket thing in 'I (heart) huckabees'
it's great because whenever you really want to be someone else or have something you already are and have.

And many ppl on the shroomery have experienced ego death and universe being One then say it is the one universal truth. How do you know this? because You experienced it yourself? I'm sure Moses Really saw a burning bush! what does that prove? we all have subjective experiences of exo-reality interfaced by  the chemical processes of our brain. The experiences of a sane, schizophrenic or tripping person cannot be valid nor invalid as we all experience everything subjectively and until we figure out the great mystery of consciousness we cannot know the truth, only Our own truth.

So i leave you to believe what you want, I just won't believe it with you.

[edit] spelling

--------------------
Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Edited by el_duderino (01/06/05 02:25 AM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: christains? buddist? catholics? satanist? athiest? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3587033 - 01/06/05 01:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Spiting people, turning cities of lesbians and poofs into salt

:rotfl:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: christains? buddist? athiest? (spelling patrol) [Re: Paou]
    #3588133 - 01/06/05 10:37 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paou said:
Quote:

gnrm23 said:
christian
buddhist
atheist

That's about how I would describe myself, except I'd also throw in Taoist, Hindu, and pantheist.  I'm a religious mutt.

arrr, heh -- not describing self, but (vainly) attempting to correct misspelling/typos...

sheesh, what a nitpicker this gnrmi dude is :wink: ...

(& thus subject heading "spelling control" koffkoff)...

(&, like a guy (nice guy, much older than i am, & he is a lutheran who believes in reincarnation?!?!) at my church once asked me: "what the heck is a mahayanist christian?" )(heh)

i like to think of christians (at their best) as being represented by folks like:
carl jung
thomas merton
frederick frank
huston smith
albert hoffman
mike young
mother theresa

& whaddya think?????

~

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: historical mishamash... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3588611 - 01/06/05 01:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
i dunno how this got to be a catholic-bashing dealio, but...
early christianity was primarily urban in nature...
& there were 5 "patriarchates" of which rome was only one...
after the first few centuries of its history (during which many "heretics" were eliminated) the christian church(es) moved from a fringe jewish messianic cult to a persecuted minority to an accepted religion of the roman empire (constantine was emperor of the roman empire, seated in greece/turkey, & not in rome)to becoming damned near mandatory for everyone in europe & nearby environs...
the great schism between east & west took place in the late 11th century (over the nature of the person of the holy spirit); the "protestant reformation" got underway during the lifetime of dr martin luther (late 15th & early 16th centuries), a roman catholic (order of st augustine) priest & professor of bible studies at wittenburg university (though there were more lacalized reform movement in europe several years before luther was born)...

all roman catholics are (nominally) christian; not all (nominal) christians are roman catholic...
as to who is REALLY a christian --- well, "by their fruits shall ye know them"...

~
really, calling roman catholic baliefs as far from "mainstream christianity" as satanism is absurd...
RC is one of 3 main groups of Xtianity - eastern orthodoxy, roman caholicism, & the many protestant churches...
(there are others with long histories, & some rather ecent variations so far from "mainstream" as to be considered ummmm not 'zackly christian...)

oy

:thumbup:Ditto. Thanks for the history facts, it was really needed for this discussion.
I just wanted to mention the Cathars in the 13th century. They were the first christian gnostics. I wonder what the world would be if they had become the main christian religion ...
http://gnosistraditions.faithweb.com/mont.html

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: & now a word from our sponsor: [Re: MAIA]
    #3590400 - 01/06/05 08:56 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Just let it be... ? maybe
i might just work, try it

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: historical mishamash... [Re: MAIA]
    #3590910 - 01/06/05 10:53 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for that link on the Cathars.
I believe the actual day of the massacre was March 13th, and it was a Friday, hence the lingering 'superstition.' Interestingly, some 5 years ago I awoke on a March Friday the 13h to hundreds of worms - nightcrawlers - that left my yard and headed into the pool to drown. I hosed the hoard back to the lawn, but they kept coming. I've been in this house since '96 and I've never seen that happen before or after. I left for work and when I returned the bottom of the pool was covered with pounds and pounds of dead worms. Let me tell you, that pile of decaying worms smelled worse than a dead animal. Bizarre.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: historical mishamash... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3592465 - 01/07/05 06:10 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Damn that's weird !
Like lambs driven to sacrifice ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinespacemonkey69
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8183776 - 03/23/08 06:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Wow this reminds me i needed to post a topic cause i to have a problem dealing with my personal beliefs.I respect every religion out there, i am nobody to insult someone in believing in something.Well i am raised a Christian but i often find myself not believing. My parents would kill me if they found out i didn't believe in Christianity as much as they do (no really i think they would be more OK with me being gay, which I'm not). I have a friend on here that is a taoist and he said its not a religion its a belief and I'm really interested but I'm still looking for some to believe in. :confused:

What I'm looking for some advice and guidance on the right religious path because i dint consider myself a atheist or a Christian. Also how do i tell my parents I'm not a Christian. :confused:

I'm sorry i could go on and on about talking about religion and beliefs.

Please respond or message me

--------------------
"If you take a psychedelic,and aren't afraid you've done too much, you haven't done enough."

:mushroom2: Terence Mckenna :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale