Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: stevo]
    #26025999 -

stevo said:
I think this years season has the highest number of new users posting ID requests, that are actually ovoids.  Still, over in my area :waitingpatiently:



I just spent 2 hours reading through a good big chunk of half of this forum to catch up on the information and I realized the same thing. This gives me hope for the future.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: DubSpore]
    #26026058 -

Huge. It kind of bothers me that I find some of the worlds most potent magic mushrooms in people lawns and they don’t even know about it. But hey, more for me. 



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Sewser]
    #26026212 -

You found those in a lawn? 🤔


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #26026817 -

I’m really surprised to have what seems like 3 phenotypes all in this one bed no more than 18 inches apart makes me wonder if wood type helps to dictate phenotypes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Spacetuna]
    #26026825 -

Pin color is genetic. Some clusters have black pins some have light colored pins.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Spacetuna]
    #26027054 -

It's  wild how much ovoids change depending on environmental factors. Ime the other common woodlovers don't show the same variability when grown in different environments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Rumblestrip]
    #26027108 -

Went out today and only found a few.  Conditions have been good here for several days.  I thought there would be more to get but no.  That hot and dry week might have shut them off for good.  I might go out again if it stays cooler.  If not it’s still been a good season here in KY so I’m satisfied.  I found a lot of nice fruits in some new areas and they are good and potent.  I dosed with 3.5 grams a couple nights ago and tripped hard with some really good visuals lol.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #26027610 -

Even tho I did not pick that much weight the season was great because I actually found them =D to get the spores/colonized bits.  Since they are not to common in my home area I am going to make mulch projects for next season.  I am going to try a few different methods....

Stem butts and colonized material to natuaral wood chip mulch.

Spore print -> Spore Syringe -> agar plates -> Apple smoking chips -> mulch

Spore print -> Syringe -> PF Tek jars with ground up wood added -> Apple smoking wood chips -> Mulch

I did multispore syringe drop on two agar plates and when I looked after 40 hour I see many small circles of mycelium.  Dense white in the middle then the rhizo hairs spreading out.  I shot up some PF jars with ground wood chips added and I dont see anything in there yet, but since the agar germinated fast I am feeling good about the PF jars.  Even if they contam I think it wont be a big deal to spawn to mulch.

The stem butts to mulch I have not touch besides to make sure it doesnt dry out.  Really tempting to dig around and see if any mycelium is growing, but I dont want to disturb it.

And if it all fails oh well... I will try again.


--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #26027815 -

You can literally just dig a hole add maple twigs and stem buds and forget about it. Its just a matter of location. You want rich soil, a flower bed that has been mulched over and over for many years seems best. It of course should be shaded and retain moisture well.

Some of the stem buds added still had wood chips attached, and like magic two popped up the other day, just weeks later.

Its also been disturbed a number of time so that some dried sycamore and fresh oak could be added. The mycelium is doing just fine. These guys are very hardy and aggressive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Spacetuna]
    #26028118 -

My ovoids are PA fen
Spacetuna said:
I’m really surprised to have what seems like 3 phenotypes all in this one bed no more than 18 inches apart makes me wonder if wood type helps to dictate phenotypes.




My Ovoid is PA variety and it also looks different every flush,some of the mushrooms ware ways different then the others in the same tubs look at my gallery... I think it's because of temperature not the woodchips mix... In my tubs there are more than 10-15 types of hardwood and 4-5 types of softwood...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #26028942 -

Moria841 said:
stevo said:
Also St.Myco stop picking pins. :oldman:



I don't think it's unreasonable to pick a few pins if it's a decently far location you don't expect to check again soon



Please think of others while making the Decision. Thank you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #26030864 -

Long time lurker first time poster, between my terrible work schedule and a rough season I struck out, which is a shame because I was hoping to try cultivating some ovoids this year. Does anyone know offhand if any of the various sites selling prints source them from a DC local variety? I like the idea of growing a crop that's local to me even if it's a greater challenge, and the sites that do list their sources seem to all be from the PNW.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #26030877 -

Cold front moving in with lows around mid 50's even mid 40's and highs in the upper 70's for the next week. Just got a good amount of rain as well.

Will this pattern bring a late flush possibly?


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: ghost37]
    #26031032 -

Still flushing. Seen a hundred or so pins popping up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Leafy1]
    #26031112 -

I know this is not the right place to ask this but I am anyway. Has anybody found any blue feet while hunting ovoids yet?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: CypressRage]
    #26031268 -

I've been hitting it hard all season, but no caerulipes. Infecting my area is on my todo list tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Leafy1]
    #26031309 -

Leafy1 said:
Still flushing. Seen a hundred or so pins popping up.




We had a shit ton of rain and a cool down, but flooding wiped out two spots and another is now a swamp, knotweed consumed another. Going to try a new spot this week maybe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: donwats]
    #26031441 -

I'm located in NE Ohio and that weather did wonders, some of my patches got soaked but the Erie canal is helps drain the floods quickly enough.
Also found some pan cins on the way back to the parking lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Leafy1]
    #26032362 -

We have 5 straight days of rain coming.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: CypressRage]
    #26033295 -

Totaled 6oz 11grams dry this season so far from one honey hole. Taking peek again tomorrow to see what the break in rain has allowed for. Fingers crossed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,466 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 818 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,928 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,068 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,980 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,785 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 18 queries.