Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25999312 -

Am I wrong or did this season end fast. I found my first on may 1st here and they are already turning bad. Only lasting a couple of days and turning to mold.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25999356 -

I changed strategies and started using Google map's "Terrain" feature, which makes it easy to find nice, big floodplains. Once I started targeting those, it was a whole new world...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread *DELETED* [Re: grimlock]
    #25999392 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25999651 -

Yumeryu said:
Am I wrong or did this season end fast. I found my first on may 1st here and they are already turning bad. Only lasting a couple of days and turning to mold.




The season is definitely not over.  In my area this is peak time.  During this peak time the ovoids grow really fast.  In the early season you can wait almost a whole week after a rain and find nice looking fruits.  Right now you need to be out there 2 days after the rain to get the good fruits.  They go away fast but come up in large numbers and get a lot bigger.  You just have to time it right.  There was a really hard power hit thunderstorm yesterday in my spot.  I’ll be out there tomorrow.  There should be a really nice flush coming up right now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #25999710 -

So we are just getting started in Pennsylvania then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25999760 -

koods said:
I found some along the Potomac near harpers ferry, so the panhandle is good.



This is key info, thanks Koods. That'sthe closest confirmed sighting anywhere near me. I think maybe my creek just got too flooded this year and I need to expand my search.

Edited by Tryptaphenalysergi (05/18/19 11:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25999877 -

Found some ovoids today growing in a decorative mulched bamboo forest. What was strange is that the mycelium actually seemed to enjoy the dead bamboo as well!


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841] * 3
    #26000278 -

Super stoked to have finally made a find!
I'll say near Wheeling WV.  Looks like tons of great habitat, but I scored on the mulch.
Knew the moment I set eyes on them that I'd finally found them.  Hands shaking and covered with spores I filled a bag in a public area and then got out of there.




I have to say thanks to all the posters here in this thread for inspiration and letting us newer folks in on how to catch these guys.  Thanks!  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster] * 1
    #26000319 -

Hands shaking and covered in spores. I love it!!!

Take my 5 :mushroom2:'s you monster!

:yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Adden] * 1
    #26000425 -

Thanks Adden!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster]
    #26000728 -

Has anyone had success in transplanting mycelium covered logs from a wild ovoid habitat to your garden / backyard? Do you think a fall flush is possible from said transplanted log?


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: ghost37]
    #26000799 -

^ yeah, people have done that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: ghost37] * 1
    #26001461 -

theMickster said:
Super stoked to have finally made a find!





That's a really nice first find!  :congrats::super:



ghost37 said:
Has anyone had success in transplanting mycelium covered logs from a wild ovoid habitat to your garden / backyard? Do you think a fall flush is possible from said transplanted log?



It's super easy to use wild colonized substrate as a starter for a new area.  All I do is gather the dead box elder branches and stack around it.  This is what we did 2 yrs ago and built up last yr after it worked so well. There's been around 50 fruits to pop up on it this season so far.  I also use this technique, on a smaller scale, for stem butts or any colonized material while in the field.



--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #26001481 -

Been slacking on getting my pics organized, but finally got around to it.  These are from Thursday and Friday.  Saw a couple clusters, mainly small groupings, and some randoms here n there.  There were still pins coming up, so we'll see how things go if it doesn't get too hot. 


Thursday




Friday



--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #26001679 -

Did alright today.  The big debris piles are definitely popping now but I don’t think we got enough rain the other day to bring up the big clusters.  Still some nice fruits out there.  The best thing about the debris pile ovoids is the stems!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #26001690 -

Found a few today, nothing crazy. It was 90+ degrees and not that many were rotten, but a lot of them were small and a little dry.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #26001702 -

TexturedSounds said:
It's super easy to use wild colonized substrate as a starter for a new area.  All I do is gather the dead box elder branches and stack around it.  This is what we did 2 yrs ago and built up last yr after it worked so well. There's been around 50 fruits to pop up on it this season so far.  I also use this technique, on a smaller scale, for stem butts or any colonized material while in the field.




Ive also been doing the "smaller scale in the field method", and planning on some larger ones. I can only imagine the excitement when next spring rolls around.

BTY thats an incredible user gallery you have there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: donwats]
    #26001706 -

TexturedSounds said:
theMickster said:
Super stoked to have finally made a find!





That's a really nice first find!  :congrats::super:



ghost37 said:
Has anyone had success in transplanting mycelium covered logs from a wild ovoid habitat to your garden / backyard? Do you think a fall flush is possible from said transplanted log?



It's super easy to use wild colonized substrate as a starter for a new area.  All I do is gather the dead box elder branches and stack around it.  This is what we did 2 yrs ago and built up last yr after it worked so well. There's been around 50 fruits to pop up on it this season so far.  I also use this technique, on a smaller scale, for stem butts or any colonized material while in the field.





Great technique and advice, many thanks. I've got a new project now. Really enjoy looking at your gallery btw, superb pics.


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Edited by ghost37 (05/19/19 02:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist]
    #26001719 -

Alchemycologist said:
Found a few today, nothing crazy. It was 90+ degrees and not that many were rotten, but a lot of them were small and a little dry.



90+ here as well, I spent too much time looking for new spots instead of bushwhacking where I had earlier success. I did find a promising new area though that gave up a few. The dried out cream colored caps really stand out. Lets go rain.

Nice finds Funk.


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #26002104 -

Moria841 said:
I've noticed the same regarding wine caps, though agrocybes do seem pretty active. But I often find wine caps and ovoids have very similar mulch needs and often co-occur, so I think you might be right!



I went by a mulch bed that I would say had over 5000 agrocybe.  the mulch is along a road at 10 feetd wide and goes about 100 yards.  It was a blanket.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,466 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,069 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,989 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,786 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.