Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: triptrapr]
    #25997722 -

Fair enough.



Got another bag just like this one. Going back in the morning to clear out the patch with bigger containers. I'll take pics of the bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu] * 1
    #25997747 -

You should really be using a paper bag or anything but plastic. If you're out for more than a couple hours it can start rotting your mushrooms.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist] * 1
    #25997775 -

I cut these and took them straight home to dry them. I usually use a big muscle milk jug in a backpack just to stay discreet and mobile. I set out wanting to just fill that. Didn't expect to fill that and two of those bags and still more to pick. Luckiest first year find ever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic] * 1
    #25997845 -

Very happy to finally be able to post here



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Sewser]
    #25997930 -

Gonna be staying over an hour's drive away from my current known patches. Hopefully things aren't going to be too shitty up here in North Jersey and I'll be able to find some more mulch-dwellers in no time :crazy2:


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #25998080 -

Moria841 said:
Gonna be staying over an hour's drive away from my current known patches. Hopefully things aren't going to be too shitty up here in North Jersey and I'll be able to find some more mulch-dwellers in no time :crazy2:



It’s been a weird season in my part of NJ. The insects have been rampant as koods said noted. Only one of two dozen I saw yesterday weren’t at least partially eaten and previous spots haven’t are reproducing much slower than usual -  I am hoping this season has yet to start in full gear because Agrocybe and wine caps are not rampant either. Thought this was cool

Enjoy the hunt...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gman]
    #25998097 -

Finally some warmer weather but its going to rain the next several days.. Its rains just about every day here.. Anyways managed to make my third find for the season/ever. Another old fishing spot (small tributary) off the Ohio. This spot is looking good for future visits.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gman]
    #25998104 -

I've noticed the same regarding wine caps, though agrocybes do seem pretty active. But I often find wine caps and ovoids have very similar mulch needs and often co-occur, so I think you might be right!


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #25998108 -

Good day today


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Sewser]
    #25998171 -

TroutBum and I found 1 nice specimen today and some others nearby that look like the bugs got to them first. The stiltgrass really made this a tough find, can’t see this season getting any easier with how tall the vegetation is getting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: GuyBuddyFriend]
    #25998578 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shu]
    #25998591 -

I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25998777 -

I was wondering what you guys think of these phenotypes, on the right, the pale Carmel capes are definitely Susquehanna valley type.  I also planted some Virginia stem butts in this same bed and I’m guessing they are responsible for these dark capped fruits(left picture pins were much darker) what do you think? Are both variety’s sharing the same bed or are they all Susquehanna type?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25998816 -

Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...



Once you learn where to look and what to look for they'll be everywhere you look.

It's rained a lot. Go out when you have a chance. You might only find old, rotten mushrooms but you'll know where to go back to. I'm also in WV and I find that black walnut trees are more of an indicator than box elder like most other places.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist]
    #25998874 -

Alchemycologist said:
Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...



Once you learn where to look and what to look for they'll be everywhere you look.

It's rained a lot. Go out when you have a chance. You might only find old, rotten mushrooms but you'll know where to go back to. I'm also in WV and I find that black walnut trees are more of an indicator than box elder like most other places.



What about black walnut trees away from the flood zone, are they worth checking? Or only bw trees in the rip zone along creek / river banks?

I agree with your first sentence. I'm surprised how prolific they are in the right habitat.


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: ghost37]
    #25998892 -

ghost37 said:
Alchemycologist said:
Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...


I don't understand then...I'm looking amongst groves of box elder (and various other hardwoods) checking under celandine and knotweed and other grasses as well as debris piles all along the riparian flood plains of my local creek. I'm even checking the steams that

Once you learn where to look and what to look for they'll be everywhere you look.

It's rained a lot. Go out when you have a chance. You might only find old, rotten mushrooms but you'll know where to go back to. I'm also in WV and I find that black walnut trees are more of an indicator than box elder like most other places.



What about black walnut trees away from the flood zone, are they worth checking? Or only bw trees in the rip zone along creek / river banks?

I agree with your first sentence. I'm surprised how prolific they are in the right habitat.









ghost37 said:
Alchemycologist said:
Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...



Once you learn where to look and what to look for they'll be everywhere you look.

It's rained a lot. Go out when you have a chance. You might only find old, rotten mushrooms but you'll know where to go back to. I'm also in WV and I find that black walnut trees are more of an indicator than box elder like most other places.



What about black walnut trees away from the flood zone, are they worth checking? Or only bw trees in the rip zone along creek / river banks?

I agree with your first sentence. I'm surprised how prolific they are in the right habitat.



ghost37 said:
Alchemycologist said:
Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I hate how easy you guys make this look. I guess I'm gonna wait for the rains this weekend before going out...



Once you learn where to look and what to look for they'll be everywhere you look.

It's rained a lot. Go out when you have a chance. You might only find old, rotten mushrooms but you'll know where to go back to. I'm also in WV and I find that black walnut trees are more of an indicator than box elder like most other places.



What about black walnut trees away from the flood zone, are they worth checking? Or only bw trees in the rip zone along creek / river banks?

I agree with your first sentence. I'm surprised how prolific they are in the right habitat.



I don't understand what the issue is then. I'm searching along the floodplains of my local Creek amongst grooves box elders and various other Hardwoods. I'm looking underneath the celandine and knotweed and other grasses as well as debris piles. I'm even searching the streams that feed into the creek, although they lack box elder for the most part. I'm not sure if it's just an issue with my Creek. I live in the Eastern panhandle of West Virginia and it's a small isolated Creek that actually flooded badly a couple weeks ago. Maybe that's the issue? If I had a car I would expand my search Zone, but unfortunately I do not. it is a little muddy because of the amount of flooding. Any suggestions of what I should do differently? Finding lots of agrocybe and galerina which i understand are indicator species, but no ovoids. That leads me to believe the flooding want so severe that it would inhibit ovoids. Any ideas what I need to do differently?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25998913 -

Patience

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: myceliups]
    #25998920 -

myceliups said:
Patience



Yes wise master 😊😁 I'm determined no matter how many unsuccessful attempts. I'm convinced they are testing my ability to persevere.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25999018 -

I found some along the Potomac near harpers ferry, so the panhandle is good.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25999305 -

Damn picture of the mulch pile disappeared. Wish I found it two days ago. Many are moldy and decaying but managed to pull this many out none the less.



This is half. The other half is in the dryer. So far a total haul of 130 dried grams yesterday. Figure I'll get a minimum of 100 today but I won't know until late tonight when it's all dry.

Lucky as shit. Spent at least 2 hours a day every single day since April 20ish hunting. Takes time but once you understand what the right habitat is it becomes way easier. Then it's a matter of flipping every blade of grass in those areas.

These were near a chestnut also. Might be my area but I find them in maple Grove St but not directly around a maple.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,467 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,069 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,989 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,786 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.