Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: myceliups]
    #25996558 -

myceliups said:






Damn dude those are some big ones.
These all from the spot you showed me last year?

I found a few today too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: foragedfungus]
    #25996579 -

Nice!! Yeah man. That HONEY HOLE lol is producing.
Lots of slugs and sow bugs this year. Still getting
bunches even though I was a week or so late.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #25996690 -

PsNoName, congrats on the finds!  I'm not too far from you, so I'll be watching for some updates on your johnny ovoidseed activities.
I hope to do the same after my trip this weekend to west central PA.  :smile:  Wish me luck!
There's tons of habitat around me that needs wild Ovoids!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster]
    #25996723 -

Hmmm...I haven't gotten any rain here for about a week. Would it be worth going back out tomorrow or should I wait til the next rain? I've been continuously coming up with nada but my determination isn't wavering. I honestly feeling like the ovoids are testing my resolve. I'm definitely running into species that occur in the same habitat, so I'm convinced they are out there, hiding...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25996734 -

Tryptaphenalysergi said:
I'm convinced they are out there, hiding...



Hiding is what ovoids do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25996795 -

I need to get some of that Susquehanna variety mixed into my beds; so cool looking, mimicking the look of P. semilanceata

Re: phenotypes...I believe these two different macroscopic appearances are better described as 'varieties' rather than 'phenotypes'...but that might be a little too pedantic for this thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25996822 -

Interesting habitat, they look like monsters.

https://mushroomobserver.org/278794?q=n3bp


--------------------
" Why so green and lonely? "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25996860 -

relic said:
I need to get some of that Susquehanna variety mixed into my beds; so cool looking, mimicking the look of P. semilanceata

Re: phenotypes...I believe these two different macroscopic appearances are better described as 'varieties' rather than 'phenotypes'...but that might be a little too pedantic for this thread.




I have some prints from the Pennsylvania ovoids.  The ones that texturedsounds finds that just fruit right straight off the logs.  I want to get them growing wild here in Kentucky.  I’m not sure if I should colonize a substrate jar and spread the mycelium around or if I should make a spore solution and just inoculate the wild habitat with that.  Either way it’s a long process.  But I’m like you, they’re really cool looking and they seem to be prolific fruiters.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25996888 -

relic said:
I need to get some of that Susquehanna variety mixed into my beds; so cool looking, mimicking the look of P. semilanceata

Re: phenotypes...I believe these two different macroscopic appearances are better described as 'varieties' rather than 'phenotypes'...but that might be a little too pedantic for this thread.




I got some mulch spawn for you, from Lancaster co. :bigblunt: Hopefully we can get down there before things are done this season.  Will def hook you up with a lil something something to get things going.  I love those variety.  Early fruits and, I believe, the more aggressive of the two.  We used to find both varieties in this one area when we first got into hunting 7 yrs ago.  The eastern PA strain is the only one we've found, except for 1 or 2 here n there, for the past 4 years.


--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #25996927 -

I found some friends, but I'm not sure if they are the dro(vo)ids I'm looking for.  They were buried under the greenery in the habitat picture, I was on my hands and knees combing through looking for them.  Can anyone tell me if they are ovoids?  I'm unsure because there wasn't any bruising I would call "blue" when I squeezed the stems.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread (((No ID Requests))) [Re: BirdBone] * 1
    #25996940 -

I think those are Kuehneromyces marginellus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #25996942 -

TexturedSounds said:
relic said:
I need to get some of that Susquehanna variety mixed into my beds; so cool looking, mimicking the look of P. semilanceata

Re: phenotypes...I believe these two different macroscopic appearances are better described as 'varieties' rather than 'phenotypes'...but that might be a little too pedantic for this thread.




I got some mulch spawn for you, from Lancaster co. :bigblunt: Hopefully we can get down there before things are done this season.  Will def hook you up with a lil something something to get things going.  I love those variety.  Early fruits and, I believe, the more aggressive of the two.  We used to find both varieties in this one area when we first got into hunting 7 yrs ago.  The eastern PA strain is the only one we've found, except for 1 or 2 here n there, for the past 4 years.




Right on, brother.  :youthemandawg:


Would def be cool to see y'all again and do some floodplain bushwhacking. 

Found a couple new spots at the far end, early patch.  Also found a couple new spots in the later, mostly mulch path area.  Last time out my partner and I shifted more toward scouting and inoculating...from here on out that will be our main focus along with feeding existing, known patches.

The power line trimmers came thru at my house and really trimmed back the right-of-way for the power lines tremendously.  They trimmed more this year than they have in the 11 years my wife and I have lived here.  In the process they chipped all the trimmings and dropped it along the sides of the right-of-way...there is now a shredded debris field that's about 3 meters by 50 meters along each side and it's mostly on my property...I'm on a mission this summer to make as much inoculant as possible.

I currently have about two gallons and have already spread two more.  If you  make it down here I'll send you home with some colonized wood to add some genetic variety to one of your projects if you want. 

HMU if you see a date that works for y'all...it's not out of the question for me and my hunting partner to make a trip up your way, either, so keep that in mind.

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread (((No ID Requests))) [Re: foragedfungus]
    #25996950 -

foragedfungus said:
I think those are Kuehneromyces marginellus.



Seems like a decent possibility.  But def not ovoids and this definitely isn't a thread for ID requests. 

BirdBone, make a thread in the main Hunting & ID forum, using the ID request template and filling it out completely, and TI's as well as knowledgeable members like foragedfungus will provide you with the info you're seeking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25996955 -

Tryptaphenalysergi said:
Hmmm...I haven't gotten any rain here for about a week. Would it be worth going back out tomorrow or should I wait til the next rain? I've been continuously coming up with nada but my determination isn't wavering. I honestly feeling like the ovoids are testing my resolve. I'm definitely running into species that occur in the same habitat, so I'm convinced they are out there, hiding...




It's always worth getting out into nature when the opportunity arises.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #25996964 -

Any mulch will do as long as it's not pine based and doesn't have added fungicides like some of the expensive shit does.  Wood chip mulch is better than bark mulch.  Aged mulch that isn't already filled with the myc of other species is fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #25996983 -

funkmaster89 said:
relic said:
I need to get some of that Susquehanna variety mixed into my beds; so cool looking, mimicking the look of P. semilanceata

Re: phenotypes...I believe these two different macroscopic appearances are better described as 'varieties' rather than 'phenotypes'...but that might be a little too pedantic for this thread.




I have some prints from the Pennsylvania ovoids.  The ones that texturedsounds finds that just fruit right straight off the logs.  I want to get them growing wild here in Kentucky.  I’m not sure if I should colonize a substrate jar and spread the mycelium around or if I should make a spore solution and just inoculate the wild habitat with that.  Either way it’s a long process.  But I’m like you, they’re really cool looking and they seem to be prolific fruiters.



Spraying spore solution is a crap shoot and a waste of time and spores, IMO.  I did it about a dozen times in a semi-controlled environment which i could closely monitor and exactly zero ovoid mycelium resulted.  I used very fresh spores and sprayed the inoculant very promptly after making the solution...I've completely abandoned that method now. I'm very skeptical of any reports of spore solution actually working but I dont completely discount such reports since I'm not there, seeing the process and result.  Anything is possible, I suppose. 

If all you have is spores, no stem butts or colonized debris, I'd go straight to agar then to boiled wood chips then to a mulch bed...or make grain jars and spawn those to a mulch bed.

Good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: ghost37]
    #25996990 -

ghost37 said:
Interesting habitat, they look like monsters.

https://mushroomobserver.org/278794?q=n3bp



donjonson, the author of that observation, is a Trusted Identifier here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25997111 -


Pictures are from 15-16...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: BU4O]
    #25997420 -

Found another glory hole and this one gave me an erection it's that beautiful of a hole. Easily 100 dried grams worth. Filled 2 10 quart bags plus my pockets and only got half of them. Found them in a mulch pile in the middle of the forest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25997704 -

Yumeryu said:
Found another glory hole and this one gave me an erection it's that beautiful of a hole. Easily 100 dried grams worth. Filled 2 10 quart bags plus my pockets and only got half of them. Found them in a mulch pile in the middle of the forest.



Pics or it didn't happen. Lol Sounds like a very nice haul!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,469 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,070 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,992 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,787 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.