Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter]
    #24307093 -

That is one I have not tried, last year a concoction including bleach or baking soda, dawn dish soap and boric acid- worked wonders.  I'm going to try yours before I mix my go to poison.

Hate spiders, that's why I'm as bird that eat em

Thayendanegea, have you considered that this person might as well be posting bogus locations to throw people off?


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24307157 -

LOL. Are you from Maryland? We have like 3 sizable parks here bro. I've been going to them for years, I didn't just realize they existed, and neither did anyone with a google maps in their hand. Give me a break, you are acting like he posted secret info - funny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: delmarva_bushcraft] * 1
    #24307288 -

:out:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24307557 -

Can ovoid mycelium (or woodlover mycelium in general) survive being submerged underwater for multiple days?





I ask because.....A year ago I planted a few patches of psilocybe allenii out in a natural riparian woodland habitat. The river that goes through the area is flowing the highest it has in years and it's flooding through out the area. I'm pretty certain at least a couple of my patches are submerged under a few inches to a foot of slowly flowing water. They've probably been underwater for a few days and the river should start receding in a couple days.



Reason I'm asking in this thread is because it seems like the natural habitat where ovoids grow is the same habitat (riparian) I planted my allenii patches, and from following this thread is seems like those ovoid habitats often flood, and ovoids are a woodlover like allenii, so I'm assuming if ovoids can survive such things then allenii probably can too....(and because there's isn't a place on the shroomery to post these sorts of questions, outdoor cultivation forum is dead :shrug:).







-OM


.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: openmind]
    #24307570 -

Yes. I've had cyans mycelium underwater for a few days (maybe even a week or so, not sure) - and it suddenly started growing after being taken out of the water. But, if you want to be sure, you can test this for yourself. You just need the myc, water and a jar. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Adas]
    #24307612 -

DubSpore said:
Hey guys just stopping in to let you all know that the ticks are horrible this year. I know how Koods felt when he posted a pic of a tick on the head of his dick. Same thing happen to me! A fucking stick stabbed threw my pants and later ripped a hole in them that I sew shut with some hemp twine from my walking stick. Hahaha I had also eaten a couple gorgeous baby caps while I was hunting.

Whata great experience. . . Minus the tick on my dick.



Lolololol :lol: Good story DubSpore


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: herbtaylor] * 1
    #24307729 -

This Sunday was an excellent day for me.
Got a chance to go hunting with Koods, great guy, awesome finds :crazy2:



I think seeing them for the first time worked some magic, because later that day I checked a creek in walking distance from me that I have searched many times already. . . but this time:







:awesomenod:


--------------------
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.  
- William Blake


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: 3B3B4E]
    #24307731 -

To all photos in this thread!! :crazy2:



:awehigh:

That is all good day! :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017re [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #24307743 -

May 9


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: openmind]
    #24307761 -

openmind said:
Can ovoid mycelium (or woodlover mycelium in general) survive being submerged underwater for multiple days?





I ask because.....A year ago I planted a few patches of psilocybe allenii out in a natural riparian woodland habitat. The river that goes through the area is flowing the highest it has in years and it's flooding through out the area. I'm pretty certain at least a couple of my patches are submerged under a few inches to a foot of slowly flowing water. They've probably been underwater for a few days and the river should start receding in a couple days.



Reason I'm asking in this thread is because it seems like the natural habitat where ovoids grow is the same habitat (riparian) I planted my allenii patches, and from following this thread is seems like those ovoid habitats often flood, and ovoids are a woodlover like allenii, so I'm assuming if ovoids can survive such things then allenii probably can too....(and because there's isn't a place on the shroomery to post these sorts of questions, outdoor cultivation forum is dead :shrug:).







-OM


.



I've had really bad luck with flooding rivers like you're talking about.....IME, being submerged for 1 or 2 days is ok but longer than that completely wiped out my colonies in 2013. I found a few very late in the season that were growing from debris that had floated and been redeposited but that was all. Good thing is that now....4 yrs. later, the area is starting to fruit prolifically again after 2 yrs without major flooding.

I've also heard that when you're growing cubes...you're not supposed to dunk your cakes more than 48 hrs. or it will kill the mycelium.:shrug: Anyway, I hope Adas is right for your sake though.....In any case, let us know.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: 3B3B4E]
    #24307818 -

I definitely relate to the magic of finding your first ones. It's as if, for 3 years, they didn't even exist in my universe until they suddenly did, and then I was finding them everywhere I looked almost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24307824 -

Quote:
i think seeing them for the first time worked some magic, because later that day I checked a creek in walking distance from me that I have searched many times already



That's how it works


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: delmarva_bushcraft]
    #24307920 -

delmarva_bushcraft said:
LOL. Are you from Maryland? We have like 3 sizable parks here bro. I've been going to them for years, I didn't just realize they existed, and neither did anyone with a google maps in their hand. Give me a break, you are acting like he posted secret info - funny.



You're totally missing the point.  The problem is bringing unwanted attention to those spots.  Obviously no one is claiming property over an area unless they actually own the land (There are certain cultures that I have been feeding over the years and would be really pissed to see them trashed though).  Also, we on this thread provide more than enough info about fruiting conditions and the habitat to look in.  Of course you didn't see them when you weren't looking.  Putting in the time and effort (with only county observations) leads to finding them and feeling accomplished.  And once you've found them, you can easily find ovoids with just google maps.  I do it all the time.  Sometimes even county can be too much info if you know how to read maps.


--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24307946 -

3B3B4E, sweet looking clusters!

DubSpore  Beautiful picture :awesomenod:


Went back out and checked out another area.  Found a lot of spent ones and some decent, but not fresh, ones.  Can't wait for the second flush to start! 



--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24308259 -

TexturedSounds said:
delmarva_bushcraft said:
LOL. Are you from Maryland? We have like 3 sizable parks here bro. I've been going to them for years, I didn't just realize they existed, and neither did anyone with a google maps in their hand. Give me a break, you are acting like he posted secret info - funny.



You're totally missing the point.  The problem is bringing unwanted attention to those spots.  Obviously no one is claiming property over an area unless they actually own the land (There are certain cultures that I have been feeding over the years and would be really pissed to see them trashed though).  Also, we on this thread provide more than enough info about fruiting conditions and the habitat to look in.  Of course you didn't see them when you weren't looking.  Putting in the time and effort (with only county observations) leads to finding them and feeling accomplished.  And once you've found them, you can easily find ovoids with just google maps.  I do it all the time.  Sometimes even county can be too much info if you know how to read maps.



:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: herbtaylor]
    #24308690 -

2nd FLUSH = FLUSHED AWAY!!! :frown: :sad: :frown:

This past wknd FLASH FLOODS stripped, pushed, flipped & added fresh debris throughout the area.  Changing the terrain & adding 10 - 15 more debris damns, stretched out in 3 different directions in multiple large piles, a few 1 right after the other.    The center of that pic about 4' down was the top of an old over grown debris pile that was so loaded (more than expected) that I had luckily called in a friend (total newbie) just 2 have an extra set of eyes/hands b/4 the down pours began.  Shot from above, notice the mud/silt & rocks on the right - that wasn't there b/4, the closest ground was a good 5-6' down from that in any direction.  The only survivor - the down tree which I think is a box elder -   Anyhow... I guess the mushies shall giveth & then they shall be taken away :confused: :sad: :frown: BUT none the less, I am thankful 4 my finds this season & hopefully if all goes well, my newly sewing spots as well as the area 2 which my spot got spread/swept away 2 will spring in seasons 2 come.  :mushroom2:  I shared my finds almost immediately, giving 4 to an old friend b/4 I even got in my truck & giving 1 of my 3 small paper bags 2 another friend after showing her my unbelievable finds.  She was in total amazement over the bluing of these beauties (which i'd showed her Koods ex a wk prior, commenting that she'd like 2 see that in person).  Her reaction once I told her that was her bag = PRICELESS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: koods]
    #24308735 -

koods said:
I dry them with a little heater fan until they are mostly dry them put them in a big dehydrator loaded with calcium chloride to get the remaining moisture out.



After reading a LOT of how 2's = I'm currently dehydrating mine on the lowest temp of 95 2-3 days or until they're "CRACK-DRY" w/ NO-GIVE in them.  Some say that's enough others say use a Desiccant

Another ? is - STORING... Just a cool/air-tight/dark place NOT a frige or freezer?  Is this correct? 

Thanks, any feedback welcomed!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter]
    #24308751 -

Anhydrous calcium chloride in a closed system will lower the RH to below 6%


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: koods]
    #24308791 -

va hunter,  In 2 years, without any other major floods like what you just had; those piles are going to be pumping!  That's a lot of food deposited right there.  Looks like mother nature is hooking you up with ovoids for years to come.  The season isn't over for you yet, so fear not.  If you've found them there, you can find them in any suitable place downstream.  Follow the water till you find an area that wasn't torn up as bad and you'll not only find more ovoids, but have some new locations as well.  :yesnod: 

As for drying.. I used to dry on lowest setting, but now I set the temp to 140.  Koods method is good too.  If you really want to make sure, dehydrate on high for 7-12 hrs and then use what Koods said to finish them up.


--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24308932 -

I just use a fan. As long as the humidity is below 50% there should be little to no chance of molds growing. All of mine get brittle and hard so I know they're dry. Stored in jars in the dark.

My few spots have all dried out and quit growing a few weeks ago. I think it may be done in this area.

Does anyone eat low dosage of mushrooms here? Like 1 small guy or half a mushroom or something just to catch a nice buzz?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,490 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPRING 2021
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mr Piggy 6,391 61 10/03/21 03:51 PM
by justjarvis
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Ovoid hunting Mr_enforcer1 1,037 9 05/06/21 05:57 AM
by Sporespreder
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,072 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,657 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* April 1st begins my searches for ovoids (PA)
( 1 2 3 all )
ipickPA 11,365 58 04/15/09 01:04 PM
by rastaman99996

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
104,873 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 53 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 20 queries.