Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24305859 -

Lookalikes... That's all the wilderness offered up lately. I'm unsure what these are. Anyone have ideas?








One consolation shot of a clutch of eager pins on the make:


--------------------
Read, with rigorous criticality, hilarity, and with a large soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: koods]
    #24305873 -

koods said:
So colorful





Koods - do you fan dry or straight 2 the dehydrator?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: va hunter]
    #24305877 -

I dry them with a little heater fan until they are mostly dry them put them in a big dehydrator loaded with calcium chloride to get the remaining moisture out.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: eutebius]
    #24306325 -

eutebius said:
Lookalikes... That's all the wilderness offered up lately. I'm unsure what these are. Anyone have ideas?








One consolation shot of a clutch of eager pins on the make:




Agrocybe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: donjonson420]
    #24306346 -

Seems to be slowing down in VA. Hoping for one more big flush. So far just the typical scattered low numbers. But hey, my goal was to find more than last year which was 60g. Currently I'm at 12 ounces. Haha. Most of which I've given away. Now I know that certain things are probably not kosher to talk about here but I'm excited about it so I'll just be discreet. Last year I had just enough surplus for my ovoids to pay my way to a mycology conference in VA close to where I live. This year, my surplus is paying my way and a buddy's way to the Telluride Mushroom Festival in Colorado. If you don't know about it then you should google it. If anyone else is going we should have a little ovoid party. Hope everyone has a great flush to come. Koods you are seriously killing it.


--------------------
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds] * 1
    #24306351 -



Thanks for the honorable mention TexturedSounds. Had a good laugh when I got home and checked the thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24306402 -

TexturedSounds said:
foragedfungus said:
Philadelphia





Love that long stemmed variety!  I usually see those trying to find their way out of the celendine.  It's so crazy how they wind their way thru the vegetation to reach the light.  Sweet finds!! :super:



Yeah man, that real long one pinned on one side of a big stick then worked it's way underneath to pop up on the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24306415 -

way to go everyone.  i'm unable to hunt so just livin and lovin all of your pics.

congrats to all the noobs that have found ovoids this year; you picked a great year to start looking (or finally got a year that was generous enough if you've been looking for longer than just this season).

once again, sweet pics, textured sounds.  love those pointy, long stemmed cluster pics.  they're so much more photogenic than the spore filled messy cluster-piles often found in mulch.

one of the cultivated patches that i made as a 'mother patch'--off of which i could pull colonized materials to spread to the local area--officially has genetic variety.  this pic was last friday when it was still warm...the bottle cap and darker pins have shown up within inches of the typical lighter-colored bell shaped pins.  the weather was p much the same as when the bell shaped pins popped up so i don't think this particular trait is environmentally induced.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic]
    #24306424 -

and thanks to stevo for suggesting to keep adding variety to cultivated patches.  i hadn't really thought about it but until you said something.

i've been dropping old caps and stem butts from hither and yon into this patch, increasing genetic diversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: SunnyFields]
    #24306433 -

SunnyFields,  :grin:  I'm happy you were able to enjoy that area and locate some.  I was telling my partner, as we were leaving, that I should of just introduced myself.  I was exhausted though from all ready hiking around (had started at 8am), so wasn't feeling that chatty, but you were chill and seemed like a cool person.  I wish everyone that ventured there was like that.  We ended up grabbing beer cans and trash on the way out that was obviously left there within the past couple days.
 

foragedfungus,  I'm always amazed by the long stems.  I've seen them get up to 7" (in PA).  The one's that get confused or blocked by something and end up being upside down are neat to find as well.


relic,  Thanks a bunch.  Loving that mother patch.  Need to get me one of those going.  A lot of people on here are doing really well with home patches.  Inspiring stuff!


--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Edited by TexturedSounds (05/09/17 07:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24306503 -

Feel like a doof, but can't discern box elders from poison ivy.  At least young elders.. can anyone help?


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #24306533 -

i know what you mean, bes.  when they're about 8" tall they're remarkably similar, but what differentiates them right away for me is the lack of sheen on box elder babies.  poison ivy is usually very shiny in the spring when putting out new shoots and whatnot.

but it's not the babies you're looking for anyway.  the older ones are the ticket because they drop limbs so easily during storms and ovoids seem to love them.  full credit to textured sounds because i had never noticed this trait until ts pounded it into my head.  it seems maples of other sorts are prime for ovoids as well as i've noticed them fruiting from silver maples at one spot that balance777 knows of.

once a box elder finally succumbs to age and damage the trunks are usually filled with holes, knot holes, where branches used to be.  they try to heal themselves while still living so the barkwood grows out around the hole in a way that is pretty particular.

be observant and they'll start to really stand out for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic]
    #24306568 -

this is the ivy patch I fight each year in my yard.  Only a few leaves are shiny.

The baby elders I use in identifying older trees.  Slightly traumatized as last time I was hunting, I popped a squat and am a week later still scratching the hell out of myself.. my thighs are bruised from the scratching.

Either way, pup and I are going in.. Thanks for getting back, relic.


--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: delmarva_bushcraft] * 3
    #24306595 -

delmarva_bushcraft said:
He put up locations of two largest parks in north east Maryland. That doesn't seem very specific to me. I actually went to a park that he had posted a week later and I didn't find any mushrooms at all, period.

Thank you to this guy donjohnson420 for putting up great pics.



I can understand why you would be happy that he posted locations....it makes your task easier. For someone like me that took 3 years of hard searching to locate them...then have my area posted is a tough pill to swallow. The idea of posting counties is the way it should be...not specific parts.

Next thing ya know people will be posting GPS coordinates. and the DNR fish cops will start taking notice....so far, they are oblivious. Even though these are simply mushroom specimens growing in flood plains...once picked, they are a schedule 1 narcotic that comes with jail time...we don't need to give them any more specifics than the county.:2cents:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: relic]
    #24306623 -

relic said:
i know what you mean, bes.  when they're about 8" tall they're remarkably similar, but what differentiates them right away for me is the lack of sheen on box elder babies.  poison ivy is usually very shiny in the spring when putting out new shoots and whatnot.

but it's not the babies you're looking for anyway.  the older ones are the ticket because they drop limbs so easily during storms and ovoids seem to love them.  full credit to textured sounds because i had never noticed this trait until ts pounded it into my head.  it seems maples of other sorts are prime for ovoids as well as i've noticed them fruiting from silver maples at one spot that balance777 knows of.

once a box elder finally succumbs to age and damage the trunks are usually filled with holes, knot holes, where branches used to be.  they try to heal themselves while still living so the barkwood grows out around the hole in a way that is pretty particular.

be observant and they'll start to really stand out for you.



:whathesaid:

birdeatingspider, Sorry to hear that.  I never worry about the poison ivy.  I'm one of the lucky one's when it comes to that.


--------------------
Click Here for examples of P. ovoideocystidiata including ...
Examples of different phenotypes, habitat and a transplant setup from natural habitat materials.

Extra image uploads possible thanks to koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24306755 -

Speaking of bird eating spiders

That hole its in is about the size of a football.  :ewaahh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: TexturedSounds]
    #24306764 -

Thayendanegea I totally feel you on the exact location shit. I am a noob and I did my research and with a lot of help from you guys I was lucky enough to find my first ovoids last week I am so great flu to all that helped thanks guys


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24306774 -

That's cool...I'm happy for you...thanks for the sentiments and understanding.:mushroom2:shroom luv:sunny::peace:

I just got word from a guy I sent Md. prints to a couple years ago that he's got a new colony started in Oregon with the Md. genetics.:awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24306799 -

He'll yea I went out yesterday with my wife and found a little over 2 pounds wet. I couldn't believe it. I was going to go out today but it's raining and it's supposed to rain until Thursday I think so I am going to go plant all the stem buts and try to spread the love lol


--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The OFFICIAL OVOID SEASON THREAD 2017 [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #24306918 -

KILL POISON IVY - Dissolve 1 cup salt in 1/2 gallon of water & add in 1 tablespoon of dish soap or bleach. Mix well, pour into a water sprayer, and spray away.  Protect the surrounding area w/ cardboard while spraying.

If pulling - protect yourself w/ gloves, long sleeves & pants, duck taping your pants 2 socks/shoes & wear a dust mask or handkerchief.  Dig at least 8" deep to insure root is gone.  Place in a trash bag then wash all cloths in the highest temp possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Georgia Actives 2021 **NO I.D Requests**
( 1 2 3 4 ... 53 54 )
evlyshrooms 43,496 1,072 10/09/22 05:11 PM
by ScoutingEagle
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,627 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES SPRING 2021
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mr Piggy 6,391 61 10/03/21 03:51 PM
by justjarvis
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,953 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Ovoid hunting Mr_enforcer1 1,037 9 05/06/21 05:57 AM
by Sporespreder
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,096 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* OFFICIAL NSW Psilocybin Seasonal Actives 2021
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Peachy007 20,662 173 11/30/21 02:05 PM
by pluplub
* April 1st begins my searches for ovoids (PA)
( 1 2 3 all )
ipickPA 11,365 58 04/15/09 01:04 PM
by rastaman99996

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
104,880 topic views. 0 members, 148 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 18 queries.