Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
long ass msn conversation with a friend.
    #1519733 - 05/04/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

=
allo
-
history is changed by the man, not by the masses
history is rarely made by reasonable men says:
what?
-
men who change the course of history rarely have no 'reason'. so ima hafta disagree witchu
=
ok u can disagree if u want but i stand by what i said
-
who has made history without reason?
-
jesus?
-
seems to me if there has ever been anyone in this world that has brought about a shift of attitude and behavior without being 'reasonable' its gotta be jesus
=
first of all i said that history is RARELY made by reasonable men, which means : most men/women who made history acted irratioally and didn't stop to think before they acted. some wars were created because they were fighting over something as stupid as a woman. oh and btw, why was jesus an unreasonable man? what did he ever do that was irrational
-
unreasonable and irrational are close, but not the same. What better reason is there to start a war other than over a woman? Would you say that human rights atrocities is a good enuf reason to go to war? How about over land? Or the right to peaceful co-existance? Does anything justify war? How can One man's justification of war be considered unreasonable? Is the death and destruction caused by war ever justifiable? I dont think Jesus's reasons for instigating and propogating a split in his society were any more noble, or just, or rational than any other mans reasons for wanting a change
=
in my opinion war is never justified. fighting for selfish reasons (like for gold or land or power) is not right. war will always cause death and destruction. innocent people will always get hurt. but although war is wrong some good and come of it. besides everything depends on point of view. "nobody goes to war thinking the Creator is on their ennemies side" when people go to war they can always justify it to themselves. they believe that what they are doing is right.
-
well if you agree that people justify their atrocities to themselves, how can history rarely be made by unREASONABLE men? they have their reeasons
=
jon is the glass half full or half empty?
-
or are you saying that they get so bent out of shape over nothings, like women, and make a big deal and thrust entire countires and entire civilizations into upheaval without, you know, sitting down and being resaonable about it
-
it depends on whether you just filleed the glass from being empty, or empties the glass from being full
=
yes that's what i mean (the thing u said before) and you're right about the glass thing to. it all depends on how u look at things. the ones who start wars think they are being reasonable but others may not think the same
-
wow, its not often that i start a conversation with someone, from something they said idont agree with, argued and discussed, and come out of it in agreement and mutual enlightenment.
-
unless you are placating me
-
which would really be too bad, because i so enjoy philosophizing. Its a shame your brother rarely wants to think about that stuff
=
lol ya it was fun but... do u believe in god?
-
thats an ambiguous question. It depends what you mean by god i guess
-
If god is the personification of good, and benifit, and the opposite of the devil, being the personification of evil, and destruction, then, no. Its really a human need to explain our existance and wher we came from, which is really why god talk got started...
-
but i mean, I think therefor i am, and this universe i live in exists, and the laws of physics, and the laus of nature, and the law of spirit exist, who created them?
-
what are they? Who made all this up? it must have been something, or someone, so i guess "the creater" must exist
=
ok, well i believe in god
-
what is god to you?
-
an old guy who sits in heaven, and when people die, he looks at their life and JUDGES / decides if they deserve heaven or hell?
=
he's our creator, he's our father. he's the one who gave us life and watches over us. i don't know how the afterlife works though,
-
So to you its a decision to belive that the will of a god gave you life. The random chaos stirring in the cosmos does not make life on earth a given for you. We are not mearly a crazy coinsidence of time and matter but the plan of a will to create and control?
-
What is the point of creating a human race to exist for the TINY-est, smallest, most insignificant amound of time, and have so many souls that were created spend the rest of ETERNITY in hell?
=
who said humans were gods only creations and who said we would go to the same place when we die, what if we go to another world that god created or somethin. actually i really like that planet life theory from final fantasy 7, that would be kool if our planet was like that,
=
and it could be possible
-
We are made of matter. The atoms in our body came from the earth. When we die they will return to it, and the cycle. One day to become part of another living being perhaps. Because physical reincarnation exists, and is obvious, why is spiritual reincarnation so dificult for some to belive?
=
maybe god is like the planet
-
i strongly believe in the Gaia theory! How can I, as a body with a weight and a hight and all the changes over time i experience NOT understand that the earth is a body, with a size and shape. that it came from the primordial gases and fires of the heavens, swirling into existance. gathering and changing and forming and becoming a ball of life. Life flourishes on earth. why is the earth not alive itself? One of nine heavenly bodies cicling and dependant on the life giving energies of the sun
-
well, I think the christian beliefe about god is that god created the universe. the stars, the planets, the creatures, the life, the death. They believe that god has always existed and that he will continue to exist whatever happens to this planet, and to this universe.
-
So strictly speaking in christian terms, i dont think i can equate god to the planet. What with the planet not being responsible for EVERYTHING.
-
But thats not to say that the spirit of the earth hasnt influenced the hearts and minds of the people who laid the ground rules for christianity

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (05/05/03 02:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
Re: long ass msn conversation with a friend. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1520103 - 05/04/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hi. no offense but this is impossible to read. divide it up in seperate blocks of text if you want people to read this.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: long ass msn conversation with a friend. [Re: Jeroen198]
    #1521153 - 05/05/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

and so it shall be

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
Re: long ass msn conversation with a friend. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1521280 - 05/05/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

this is really interesting. thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order