Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #1129868 - 12/10/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well, i agreed with most of what you said (if not aall, i dont remember, lol), so i gave you a 5 star rating to balance out the other negative rating(s)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Swami]
    #1129972 - 12/10/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Try to actually read what I said, not what you "think" I said!

I did actually read what you said. I have heard that "some of my best friends have been Gay" thing before and I don't believe saying that is enough.

And what might one think after a dozen incidents?

Is it unreasonale to assume that there are countless Homosexuals, and isn't it logical to assume that a percentage of them are assholes??? It is my belief that the Gays who are "idiots" go more noticed than the Gay's who simply allow you to go about your day, without any penis grabbing.

I don't care if you are in a room of 100 Homosexuals and you have found 99 of them to be sex offenders, that doesn't give you the right to prejudge that 100th guy.

Prejudice (pre-judging) can be necessary when it comes to possible danger.

Yes, but have you ever been assaulted by White people? Like I said, there are assholes who are African American, but they are not assholes BECAUSE they are African American.

I don't believe there is a connection between the color of your skin, or your sexuality, and the decency of a person.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (12/10/02 06:43 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1130004 - 12/10/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I did actually read what you said.
OK then, show me the line where I said anything about "ALL"...

I have heard that "some of my best friends have been Gay" thing before and I don't believe saying that is enough.
What do you mean it isn't enough? Enough what? You have your standards and I have mine. You have not lived my life, and yet (contrary to your entire point) you can judge how I SHOULD feel and act?

I don't care if you are in a room of 100 Homosexuals and you have found 99 of them to be sex offenders, that doesn't give you the right to prejudge that 100th guy.
That is like saying, "I don't care how many pit bulls you have been mauled by, don't judge the next one by your past experiences. Pet the cute little doggie without fear."

Like I said, there are assholes who are African American, but they are not assholes BECAUSE they are African American.
I don't know the causal link, but there are neighborhoods through which you will not walk late at night because of presuppositions (and probably accurate ones at that!)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1130011 - 12/10/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have nothing against homosexuals, except that they want everyone to think the way they do.

--------------------

OfflinePoogi
Stranger
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Zahid]
    #1130019 - 12/10/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That could be said about any race, religion, or sexual orientation, so it's pointless to state it.

Anonymous

Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: ]
    #1130058 - 12/10/02 07:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just passing through. Take no notice.

[the sound of whistling is heard fading into the distance]

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: ]
    #1130129 - 12/10/02 07:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting point Mr. Mushrooms.  If you think about it, "It's just skin", so why do we get so angry?  Is it the way we've been conditioned, or is there more to it???  :shocked: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Anonymous

Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1130147 - 12/10/02 07:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Obviously there is more to the issue.

Sex is part conditioning and part instinctual.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1130161 - 12/10/02 07:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting point Mr. Mushrooms. If you think about it, "It's just skin",

That type of statement has no meaning and is not a point at all. Why get excited over war, "It's just death"?

Almost ALL animals have a zone (I hate the use the word "space") through which others may not infringe without permission. It really doesn't matter whether it is intrinsic or learned; the fact is that it exists. And those who violate this taboo are aware that it exists. Why did my violater bolt from the sauna? He was gone before I even had a chance to shift from shock to anger. He ran because he knew he had crossed a social boundary and was likely to punished for his transgression.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

#1130202 - 12/10/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Why get excited over war, "It's just death"?

It's easy to explain why we get excited over war - fear of death, love of family and friends, compassion, and other INSTINCTUAL emotions.
I guess you answered my question though, in that "almost ALL animals have a zone", which means that that too is instinctual.

My initial question was really whether or not our "zone" was instinctual, or if it was learned. Obviously, you believe it's instinctual, and you may well be right.

--------------------

Edited by GoBlue! (12/10/02 10:54 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1130211 - 12/10/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You're not being a tad hypocritical now are you, Zahid?

OfflineShroomalicious

#1130306 - 12/10/02 08:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OK then, show me the line where I said anything about "ALL"...

I never said you said all, I am just making a point.

What do you mean it isn't enough?

I mean it isn't enough just saying you have associtated with Gays, the problem I am talking about is accepting Gay culture. It is not neccasrily directed at you. I don't think you are a Homophobe and I agree with your statement about you having no problem with people who respect your boundaries. However, do you think Gay's are more likely to violate those boundaries? I do not.

You have your standards and I have mine. You have not lived my life, and yet (contrary to your entire point) you can judge how I SHOULD feel and act?

I NEVER, EVER said my way was the right way and that you must live by it. I simply stated my opinion as you have stated yours, nothing more, nothing less. My beliefs are my beliefs, not facts, I know that, that is why I ended my entire statement by saying it was all my opinion.

That is like saying, "I don't care how many pit bulls you have been mauled by, don't judge the next one by your past experiences. Pet the cute little doggie without fear."

You cannot liken Gay's to pitbulls. The analogy does not hold true in my opinion. Whatever justification you have for prejudging people is just that, an excuse to prejudge people. By assoiciating a skin color or sexual orientation with violence or negativity or sexual misconduct is EXACTLY what racism or Homophobia is. Any racist feels that the reason they hate is not because they are hateful, but because they are justifed.

I don't know the causal link, but there are neighborhoods through which you will not walk late at night because of presuppositions (and probably accurate ones at that!)

The thing is where do you draw the line of "just being safe" or disrespecting and associating a color with negativity? I draw it on the side of love, but I would not fault someone who drew it on the side of protectiveness.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Grav]
    #1130765 - 12/10/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It's none of my business what homosexuals do behind closed doors. Most homosexuals want everyone else to accept every aspect of their lifestyle. If they do not, the word homophobe is thrown around very loosely. It's not an issue about Bob and Harry who want to pay a mortgage together. When you accept the full deal, you accept everything. The clubs, the lifestyle, the washrooms, the leather scene, you name it. If we all listened to the APA, men having sex with boys would be considered acceptable.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (12/10/02 11:02 PM)

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

#1130783 - 12/10/02 11:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"Most homosexuals want everyone else to accept every aspect of their lifestyle." 
"The clubs, the lifestyle, the washrooms, the leather scene, you name it."

What's wrong with that?  They put up with our lifestyle, don't they?  :tongue:

Seems ok with me so long as I'm not forced to go to their clubs, washrooms, etc. 

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1131739 - 12/11/02 06:03 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Zahid, do you think they're going to hell?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1131678 - 12/11/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, nobody is forcing you to go to gay clubs. They have every right to have gay bars, gay parades... etc.

They even have a pill now that allows gay men to make love!

Who the hell are the APA?

There are people of all sexualities espousing radical or stupid viewpoints. There is no higher rate of pedophilia among gay men than there is among straight men.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Grav]
    #1132567 - 12/11/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No.

Why would I think that?

The last I checked the only unforgivable sin is dying in shirk--and it is God who knows the secrets of our hearts, not I.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1132641 - 12/11/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

So, uh, who are the APA?

And why is there a problem with gay clubs and all that when you're not being forced to go?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineShroomalicious

Re: Racism, homophobia and homosexuality. [Re: Phluck]
    #1132654 - 12/11/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There is no higher rate of pedophilia among gay men than there is among straight men.

Actually the rate of pedophilia amongst Homosexuals is significantly less than the percentage of Hetrosexuals.

The associating of Homosexuality and Pedophila is yet another stereotype that is unfounded.

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious

#1132658 - 12/11/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Swami I respect your point of view and your mind, even when I do not agree, and I am anxiously awaiting your response to my last post to you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale