Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: homosexuality [Re: ribbit]
    #1215312 - 01/13/03 04:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In this society where damn near every possible sexual deviation is accepted, I don't know why we still bother to question homosexuality.Like everything else ,shit happens.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: homosexuality [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1216435 - 01/14/03 03:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

80% of girls were molested by a man who was or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the child's mother or another relative. 75% of boys were abused by males in heterosexual relationships with female relatives.

Only 1 of 219 girls was molested by a lesbian; 1 out of 50 boys by a gay male. This is a much lower percentage than the likely 6-10% of the population that is homosexual, therefore the incidence of gays molesting is much lower than the rate for heterosexuals.

I'm not sure I understand these statistics, are they stating that 49 out of 50 molestations of boys were committed by women? Or is it that of all boys, 1 out of 50 are molested by men. Or are they saying that of all boys molested by men, only 1 in 50 of the molesters were admitted homosexuals. It is makes no sense that homosexual molestation should not be considered to be homosexual just because the molester is not an admitted or out of the closet homosexual. So priests molesting young boys wouldn't be considered homosexual because the priests have taken a vow of celibacy? If 75% of boys were abused by males in heterosexual relationships with female relatives, isn't this still a homosexual molestation? Just because someone is in a 'heterosexual relationship,' is no guarantee that they are in fact heterosexual. There are innumerable stories of gay men who attempted to live the straight lifestyle. Then there are the true bisexuals...

Bottom line, the good doctor's statistics are pretty much useless.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (01/14/03 03:26 AM)

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: homosexuality [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1217374 - 01/14/03 09:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Heterosexual children raised by homosexuals could no more "become" homosexual than a brown-eyed child raised with blue-eyed parents would eventually become blue-eyed.

i don't agree with that at all...

first of all, they/you (for believing) are assuming every child 'IS' heterosexual, since you cannot tell me that homosexuality IS NOT genetic, then you cannot say that every child is heterosexual. for if in cases of genetics. that rules that out

and would you not agree that the environment we are raised in directly effects the decisions we make

ie, you have a kid in a home with both parents that smoke, the odds are that, that kid will grow up and smoke or at least try to.

when a kid is raised by gay parents, that becomes a normallity for them, thus creating an image that being homosexual is normal therefore choosing that lifestyle.

as ive stated before, i believe that there are 3 reasons for homosexuallity
1. genetics
2. environment
3. choosing the lifestyle

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: homosexuality [Re: ribbit]
    #1218453 - 01/14/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

when a kid is raised by gay parents, that becomes a normallity for them, thus creating an image that being homosexual is normal therefore choosing that lifestyle.

Then how do you explain the fact that most gay people have straight parents? After all, heterosexuality would become a normality for them at home. I think that rather than influencing the sexuality of a child, having gay parents would simply make them feel comfortable with whatever their sexuality is.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: homosexuality [Re: silversoul7]
    #1222477 - 01/16/03 12:50 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Then how do you explain the fact that most gay people have straight parents?

because i was only speaking about the subject of children being raised by gay parents. a heterosexual family is completely different.

my argument has 3 cases, and each case cannot be summed up with another.
i doesn't work like that...

heres an example:
you have a kid that raised by gay parents: that kid grows up and is gay because of 2 options: he/she became gay do to the environment, or he/she chose that lifestyle

in the case of a child being raised by heterosexual parents and being gay would be more than liikely genetics, in some cases...chosing the lifestyle (after they leave home and are on their own)

and that is why i treat them differently, because they are. (in my belief)

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Re: homosexuality [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1222650 - 01/16/03 02:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think it's great when people that are gay can come right out & say that they are because they are being true to themselves. I feel bad for gay people that think they need to stay "in the closet" for fear of not being excepted.

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies