Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Adamist]
    #886089 - 09/16/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You couldn't be enter if you tried. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #886114 - 09/16/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So, both religions are "full of shit," but I am a traitor? The only reason I am bothering to write is to illustrate to other readers the exact reason why I left mainstream Judaism on my quest to Christ. People like you. Irrational, emotional and so identified with victim-mentality and a persecution complex, that you can spit venom; and call a Jewish Christian (oh, yes, like the original Jews who became Christians) a "traitor." There is NOTHING worse than a Jewish bigot like yourself. The hypocrasy of so-called cultural Jews like yourself still astounds me. I was born of a Jewish Mother, so try that on for your so-called knowledge of Jewish law. I was circumcized into the Abrahamic Covenant. I received a Hebrew education, and I left family and friend alike to avoid the Hell of being a neurotic, unbeliever like you and ask God to transform me into a Jew like Y'shua ha
Messiach (Jesus the Christ).

The few Jews that I have known that were spiritual, were Hasidim. I do not know any spiritually-minded Jews who have not left Judaism, but unlike yourself, I cannot claim to know "most" Jews. The great majority of cultural Jews like yourself pay lip-service, but their life-styles reveal their real values (by and large the grossly materialistic ones that I've abhorred since childhood). This very day I pulled up behind a Porche Carrera with one of those 'Baruch ha car' ornaments on the rear-view mirror. For the Gentiles out there, it is supposed to be a blessing for the car. You can tell a lot about what people 'idolize' by what they hang from a rear view mirror.

Mainstream Judaism is as off-the-mark as mainstream Christianity, but unlike you, whose language reveals your own soul, I revere the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus. You revere Him not, or you wouldn't not refer to His Covenants as "mud" and "shit.' Therefore, your appraisal of my spiritual path is worthless, and betrays nothing but your own sick soul. +++Be Thou Healed in His Holy Name+++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (09/16/02 03:43 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Adamist]
    #886121 - 09/16/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nice.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #886129 - 09/16/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Are you intentionally trying to confuse a feeble old man? Can you clarify a tad?

--------------------

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #886172 - 09/16/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude,
Lighten up. You're far too serious in this. Apparantly I'm not a practicing "anything". The traitor comment, probably wrong on my behalf, was one that you probably heard often? Most of the great minds of the 60's and 70's out in california institutes of learning were jews, not unlike myself who dropped the pretext of holier than thou mainstream jews. You've exchanged yours for a holier than thou christian attitude.
Yes, there are materialistic people of christian and jewish descent. You only note the jewish ones though.
And you are correct. I revere not. I gave up long ago on a belief system that shows exclusivity,ie judaism and christianity.
Don't show anger and hate...no..no.. no. It's not WWJD, if you know what I mean.

Shalom  :wink: 

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #886202 - 09/16/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What-ever. Judaism is still exclusive, while Christianity is catholic if understood properly. That is, small 'c' catholic, meaning universal, not the Catholic Church, which is just as exclusive as Judaism. I'm not a Jew who wants to be Gentile. I'm a human who wants to be Spirit, and my humanity is colored by Eastern European Reformed Jewish tradition. Everyone is some ethnicity or another, and one is no better or worse than another, but it's what you 'mold the clay' into that 'matters.'

Rabbinic Judaism does nothing to transform me. Kabbalistic Jewish theology is another story, and works in consonance with Christian theology (which is why there were Christian Kabbalists). I can relate Sacred matters with Sacred language without copping a "holier than thou" attitude. A Holy attitude IS something that I want to cultivate, as opposed to a merely profane attitude. To you, such an attitude may seem alien and excessive. Maybe you've 'lightened up' too much. One day, you'll have to stop laughing and get serious about something significant.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #886566 - 09/16/02 06:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No Markos... you are a bit on the serious side.
At least that's what your posts show.

You should hit up on Nietzsche's "seriousness"- it's an entirely different animal.
Of course... you probably don't like Fred....

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Sclorch]
    #887023 - 09/17/02 12:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm gonna get to God in this lifetime - that is my goal. I have already wasted too much time being wasted in my youth.

Inasmuch as modern depth psychology has a foundation in Nietzsche, and I wrote a doctoral dissertation (albeit, 20 years ago), on depth psychology, then I have read and included him in my own development. Syphilitic genius that he was, and howsoever dismayed he was by the Nazi's appropriation and bastardization of his work, he certainly isn't going to help me towards my spiritual goal.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (09/17/02 01:21 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #887104 - 09/17/02 01:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I'm gonna get to God in one lifetime - that is my goal

hmmm... don't mean to pop your bubble, but i think it already took you quite a few lifetimes to get where you are now :grin: ... so i think your goal sould be im gonna get to God in  this lifetime..

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/17/02 01:21 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: In(di)go]
    #887105 - 09/17/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not counting or anything... but I've had several hundred lifetimes that I'm aware of. Usually coming in flashes, man..lots of experiences.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #887361 - 09/17/02 04:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I pulled up behind a Porche Carrera with one of those 'Baruch ha car' ornaments on the rear-view mirror.

Would you have felt less scorn if the car had been a broken-down Ford Pinto?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Shroomism]
    #887370 - 09/17/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Were you ever a hot chick in a mini-skirt, with high heels and fishnets?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #887499 - 09/17/02 06:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I bet you've only read "Nietzsche in 90 minutes" and maybe one of his shorter books. His having syphilis is speculation at best. I think his breakdown was stress-induced... years of being a lonely genius could easily do that. But I digress...

Markos, your goal is completely ego-driven. I'm sorry that you feel that you've wasted your youth (hell, maybe you have), but no one really finds your god. It's almost tragic...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDasKomet
D 322
Male User Gallery

Loc: US
    #888488 - 09/17/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Once I spoke in tongues for 3 1/2 hours in a church with a presence guilding me to be at peace and to allow the message come through me.
Once on 4 dark purple geltabs with flakes of gold the same presence showed me that just moments earlier I had dissolved the bible on my tongue and that I was ready to have the message explained to me.

To exist through: Unconditional acceptance, understanding, and allowance to move with the flow.

Means don't fall into judgement, arrogance... etc...
From all that I have been privy too... jewdism/christianity seems to have developed from mushroom use. And all these years the Grand Inquisitors have been feeding the masses with their version of reality.
I can think many many many things worse than a bigot, which in the end would only exist in my mind.
When was the last time you consumed a psychedelic...? just curious.

Love Now,
D+

--------------------
The Woven World is all I see.
Put cloves in your weed and tell them its for the LSD.
.oO0 Listen to White Zombie 0Oo.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Shroomism]
    #888505 - 09/17/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

but I've had several hundred lifetimes that I'm aware of. Usually coming in flashes, man..lots of experiences.

LOTS

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: In(di)go]
    #888698 - 09/17/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks. My bad.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Swami]
    #888723 - 09/17/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely! Such a car would NEED the Blessings to continue to exist. I would not see a religious symbol used in the Madonna-like way of a mere ornament on one's ear - on the symbolic periphery of one's being; or in a way to manifest the notion that 'I am Blessed materially,' and therefore Blessed - here is evidence on wheels. Moreover, and I could be wrong, but unless one has ungodly sums of money, the purchase of a very expensive car has all kinds of self-esteem, social status, gold-digger babe-magnet associations constellated around it. These things are completely peripheral to spiritual existence that it is just like ruby-encrusted solid gold crosses, or other extravagant obscenities that pass for true religion...IMHO  :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: Sclorch]
    #888743 - 09/17/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

No, I've read the Nietzschean works in the non-Reader's Digest condensed versions.

I think that instead of believing you, I'll believe all the prophets, mystics and visionaries of my own faith; my own God-given experiences; the Holy Scriptures; personal testimonies of those whom I have felt were genuinely advanced in spiritual development; and last but certainly not least...my own faith. You see, I am in very good company.

I wasted a lot of time being wasted, but I did not waste my youth. In fact, I'm still amazingly youthful in my 'morphogenetic field,' as I still get 'carded' on occasion for alcohol or club admission. It's probably residual magick from my youth :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

#888747 - 09/17/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I take it you're not an Albert Ellis fan.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Day of Atonement, or Day of At-one-ment? [Re: ]
    #889024 - 09/17/02 03:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You'd be right.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom