Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6613840 -

I'm actually hoping this is for real. The idea of a physical resurrection was never that big a deal to me, because I think of the resurrection as something far more profound than a body coming back to life. What's more important is that, if true, this would prove that Jesus actually existed, which would mean a lot more to me than him rising from the dead.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6613862 -

Jesus was a common name at that time. It is quite possible that this is indeed Jesus, just not the messiah.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Silversoul]
    #6613865 -

Not only have Christians not given much attention to his teachings, but they have full on deified him! What about the first commandment?


--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6613872 -

Goddamn!! I cannot read that article... it doesn't show in my internet browser (Mozilla) and it doesn't load any text

Someone who can, please copy and paste it!! PLEASE!!


--------------------
Agent 727
7

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #6613878 -

SirTripAlot said:
Jesus was a common name at that time. It is quite possible that this is indeed Jesus, just not the messiah.



This isn't just about the tomb of a guy named Jesus(Yeshua). It's about a guy named Jesus whose parents were named Mary and Joseph.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Silversoul]
    #6614026 -

Not to play Devils Advocate, but once agian, those names are very common also:


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17345429/



Stephen Pfann, a biblical scholar at the University of the Holy Land in Jerusalem who was interviewed in the documentary, said the film's hypothesis holds little weight.


"I don't think that Christians are going to buy into this," Pfann said. "But skeptics, in general, would like to see something that pokes holes into the story that so many people hold dear."

"How possible is it?" Pfann said. "On a scale of one through 10 — 10 being completely possible — it's probably a one, maybe a one and a half."

Pfann is even unsure that the name "Jesus" on the caskets was read correctly. He thinks it's more likely the name "Hanun." Ancient Semitic script is notoriously difficult to decipher.

Kloner also said the filmmakers' assertions are false.

"It was an ordinary middle-class Jerusalem burial cave," Kloner said. "The names on the caskets are the most common names found among Jews at the time."


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #6614125 -

Well, I found a way to read that damn article and I think it is annother step in the progress toward Christianity becomming like the old greek and roman religions, a dead fossil.

Good riddance to a bunch of fairy tails being misconstrued as truth.

I personnally believe wholeheartedly that Jesus was just annother man and all this belief around him would make him seriously laugh. And now I have evidance to back it up. >:)


--------------------
Agent 727
7

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: MAGnum]
    #6614181 -

I think its safe to say, that even if one does not believe the vaildity of Jesus, the historicial ramifications of the belief itself, far trascend the once held beliefs of Greek mythology.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6614657 -

No, I think I've demythologized the Resurrected LORD to the point where I am not considered to be a Christian by other Christians, but merely a lowly Gnostic.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6614715 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
No, I think I've demythologized the Resurrected LORD to the point where I am not considered to be a Christian by other Christians, but merely a lowly Gnostic.



What do you consider the resurrection of Jesus Christ to be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6614744 -

vigilant_mind said:
What do you consider the resurrection of Jesus Christ to be?



I believe the resurrection is not a historical, external event, but rather something that each individual can experience for themselves. It is the rise of the Christ within.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Silversoul]
    #6614778 -

Quote:
I believe the resurrection is not a historical, external event, but rather something that each individual can experience for themselves. It is the rise of the Christ within.



I agree with you here. I believe in the resurrection as being a journey of enlightenment; a venture towards the Ultimate Reality. One can transcend his normal, personal self to reach the Transcendental self-- this is resurrection in my book.

The story of Christ literally being raised from the grave is a myth, which is why it has survived so long in our culture. Christ is more of an archetypal image rather than a factual historical figure (whether or not he truly existed) whose story should be interpreted symbolically, not literally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6614843 -

Quote:
Christ is more of an archetypal image rather than a factual historical figure (whether or not he truly existed) whose story should be interpreted symbolically, not literally.



Yes. My personal opinion on this is that Jesus was a historical figure who fully embodied the Christ archetype, which is found in all the world's wisdom traditions.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Silversoul]
    #6615889 -

Silversoul said:
SirTripAlot said:
Jesus was a common name at that time. It is quite possible that this is indeed Jesus, just not the messiah.



This isn't just about the tomb of a guy named Jesus(Yeshua). It's about a guy named Jesus whose parents were named Mary and Joseph.



AND there was an UNRELATED female named Mary Magdelene in there as well, and a presumed child of Jesus and Mary Magdelene.

Some Mathmetician in Canada put the odds of this being a DIFFERENT tomb at anywhere between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1000.

This is almost certainly the real body of THE J man... sorry.

Don't feel bad. There were quite a few religions before yours, and there will sadly be a few more before humans evolve beyond the need for "magic".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6616242 -

Call Grissom and his CSI team. THEY'LL get to the bottom of this!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Left Nut City]
    #6616831 -

*Plays CSI music*


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: SoY]
    #6616852 -

SoY said:
According to the bible thumpers carbon dating is useless.



Yes, apparently because "moon dust" is deposited in great quantities on the earth, so ground thickness would be innaccurate :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6617491 -

Obviously the whole thing is the work of Satan and a lie.

Acts 1:9-11
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: fivepointer]
    #6617502 -

fivepointer said:
Obviously the whole thing is the work of Satan and a lie.

Acts 1:9-11
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.



The Koran says that your book is a lie. The Bible is the work of Satan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Jesus Might Be Dead [Re: fivepointer]
    #6617525 -

fivepointer said:
Acts 1:9-11
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.



What relevance does this scripture have to this discussion?


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Could God Forgive the devil?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
sir tripsalot 17,687 124 04/25/02 03:47 PM
by sir tripsalot
* Christianity... the ultimate meme.
( 1 2 3 all )
Psychoactive1984 5,211 46 05/02/05 06:54 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* Reincarnation and Christianity
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Jellric 8,058 60 12/04/04 05:31 PM
by Fucknuckle
* God is Dead
( 1 2 3 all )
sox24 3,801 46 05/21/05 03:06 AM
by Mushmonkey
* Christians please reply. dragoon 1,836 11 09/30/01 01:04 PM
by Anonymous
* To the Christians; From Enter
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
World Spirit 13,993 157 07/21/03 07:37 PM
by Funguy
* why christianity is for inbreeders:
( 1 2 all )
eric_the_redS 3,033 26 08/19/04 09:57 AM
by silversoul7
* Christianity and "salvation"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
SoopaX 10,957 112 08/16/05 09:31 AM
by eve69

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,900 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.