Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #26257053 -

Everywhere I've read says that ovoids don't grow during fall......is that wrong? also if it is....should i start hunting for them in southern NY?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Rush7861]
    #26257063 -

Rush7861 said:
MacMerdin said:
KapnDank said:
MacMerdin said:
A real bluefoot maybe?  They fruit late summer/fall.



As in caerulipes? If so I know quite a few people looking for spores of that one including myself. Really hard to come by



I don't know. The fresh ones are not ovoid.




For sure the fresh ones are not ovoids I also dont know about caerulipes, as I'm not really to sure of the differences




They aren't caerulipes....different type of environment and also they are comparatively small to oviods. There are some pics you can look at on here of real bluefoot's


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: sbkn]
    #26257066 -

They do. I think for the most part it’s just a few individuals getting a signal that it’s spring and fruiting by mistake. Fall fruiting around here is less than a percent of what happens in the spring.

That being said, I do think the so called PA or Susquehanna variety is a more prolific fall fruiter.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #26258007 -

Yeah finding new patches can be a pain in the fall but if you got some it's worth checking them


--------------------

You never kno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #26258737 -

Checked my patches. No ovoids but plenty of wine caps who thought it was spring:tongue:


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #26259652 -

I need to start spreading spores / myc not sure the best way to go about this but I don't think there's really a wrong way


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Psyche delics]
    #26260347 -

Psyche delics said:
I need to start spreading spores / myc not sure the best way to go about this but I don't think there's really a wrong way



I didnt have much much luck trying to spread spores and get it starting.  I was able to germinate spores on a piece of wet cardboard and then put that carboard into mulch but I don't think it ever took off besides some wispy mycelium.

What worked really well was to make PF cakes with some sawdust added to the recipe.  Once colonized (takes a month+ at room temp) then slice the cake into thin sheets and place it about 1/2" to 1" under some natural wood mulch and apple wood BBQ wood chips.  The patches I started like that the mycelium is doing really well.

I started one patch with stem butts and colonized bits from wild finds  and while there is mycelium alive and spreading, it is no where close to the amount of colonization the broken up cakes are at.

I tried to ice down a patch over 48 hours but so far it did not initiate fruiting.  Looking like I need to wait until spring.


--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: sbkn]
    #26266319 -

sbkn said:
Everywhere I've read says that ovoids don't grow during fall......is that wrong? also if it is....should i start hunting for them in southern NY?



If you find a good spot in the spring then go back to it in the fall. I've noticed in rivers that get constant flooding and new deposits that theirs multiple different phenotypes all growing in the same habitat. Some look very different from others. Ovoids have so many different shapes n sizes n variations. But some do fruit in fall just like some fruit in late April


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: DubSpore]
    #26267402 -

Been finding a lot of gyms but no voids yet I think they might fruit soon tho with these rains and frosts followed by warm days


--------------------

You never kno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #26267486 -

All I can find in Wisconsin are gyms. And right now is the best time to go looking for em. But this is the ovoid thread lol. I miss hunting Ovoids

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: DubSpore]
    #26267517 -

Voids are best shrooms man they taste so fucking good


--------------------

You never kno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #26269639 -

2 days of good, soaking rain in Central MD this week with more on the way. Fingers crossed!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TroutBum]
    #26269645 -

Plenty of rain here in Jersey


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TroutBum]
    #26270616 -

TroutBum said:
2 days of good, soaking rain in Central MD this week with more on the way. Fingers crossed!



Yeah the drought came to an end pretty fast

Two months of almost no moisture probably isn’t gonna be great for fall prospects tho


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #26273580 -

Howdy Folks,

I`ve got several years experience hunting & cultivating west coast actives (cyan & allenii), so I have a good feel for their habits out west. I've been living in SF 8+ years, but I was born on the east coast.

I`m living in SE PA for a few months and hoping to catch some of the fall ovoid season - it's a bucket list species for me!

I've been out a few times this week along creek beds under japanese knotweed and box elder but haven't seen much other than some fluffy mycelium in a few places.

Asking experienced hunters in this thread: What are the ideal temp ranges & weather patterns for fall p. ovoid fruiting? I've read they are not as prolific in fall as in spring, but I`m really willing to put in the work to get lucky. I just want to go out at the right time to maximize chance of success!

Thanks for sharing your wisdom - will post pics if I win.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gKid_A]
    #26273595 -

You are looking in the right places but the weather has not been kind too us this year, mushrooms fruit from mycelium and those networks of myc need consistently wet climate to thrive with the dry months we had you are unlikely to find new patches this fall. I've been checking the 20+ patches i have with almost no signs of fruiting it's not looking good this year


--------------------

You never kno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gKid_A]
    #26273596 -

The only places where you might have luck is patches near sprinklers which received water all summer. I have a few patches like this and the myc is healthy but still no signs of pins


--------------------

You never kno

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gKid_A]
    #26274907 -

gKid_A said:
Howdy Folks,

I`ve got several years experience hunting & cultivating west coast actives (cyan & allenii), so I have a good feel for their habits out west. I've been living in SF 8+ years, but I was born on the east coast.

I`m living in SE PA for a few months and hoping to catch some of the fall ovoid season - it's a bucket list species for me!

I've been out a few times this week along creek beds under japanese knotweed and box elder but haven't seen much other than some fluffy mycelium in a few places.

Asking experienced hunters in this thread: What are the ideal temp ranges & weather patterns for fall p. ovoid fruiting? I've read they are not as prolific in fall as in spring, but I`m really willing to put in the work to get lucky. I just want to go out at the right time to maximize chance of success!

Thanks for sharing your wisdom - will post pics if I win.



Last year in NEPA I was picking on Oct 21. This was the local weather record for Oct 2018.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shu]
    #26276132 -

Thanks, Shu!

Looks like temps were much lower by this time last year. Apparently not much reason for optimism with how dry it's been, but I`ll keep trying as things get cooler.

Thanks for your help everyone, good luck out there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: gKid_A]
    #26289080 -

Found one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,622 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,492 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,946 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,088 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,997 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,787 topic views. 0 members, 22 guests and 40 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.