Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleParanoidAndroid
Dude
 User Gallery

Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Diploid]
    #4714353 - 09/26/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Erowid
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4714370 - 09/26/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"Or the universe simply IS and had no designer."

conceded. But what your original post said was : if we have a designer, he is stupid for the following reasons...

to which i respond, if we have a designer, he is absurdly wise and intelligent for the following reasons.

If your premise is that we have no designer, we are left to thank and be astounded by the processes of chance that were able to make us with all these capabilities. Either way we are absurdly blessed beings. (weather by chance or design)

celebrate...

:laugh:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4714534 - 09/26/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Either way we are absurdly blessed beings. (weather by chance or design)

You're very optimistic.

I see a world full of shit, pain, misery, suffering, wars, oppression, and constant competition to eek out a little pleasure in a sea of torment. That is unless, in a supreme demonstration of God unfairness, you're one of the chosen few born into wealth who never wants for anything.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineDeviate
    #4714576 - 09/26/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"You're very optimistic.

I see a world full of shit, pain, misery, suffering, wars, oppression, and constant competition to eek out a little pleasure in a sea of torment. That is unless in a supreme demonstration of God unfairness, you're one of the chosen few born into wealth who never wants for anything. "

see, this is the consciousness of materialism. because humans descended into this state of conscioussness they botched their part of the creation of the world. imagine how the earth would be if all human beings walked the earth in the state of consciousness of jesus chrirst. you would see a completely different world. if you raise your consciousness above the consciousness of materialism you find self existant bliss even in the face of the dream like problems of the world. as john lennon said "there are no problems, only solutions". all the problems you see are simply imagined, stop imagining them and they dissapear.

Edited by Deviate (09/26/05 01:53 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4714594 - 09/26/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"That is unless in a supreme demonstration of God unfairness, you're one of the chosen few born into wealth who never wants for anything. "

lol... my life is indeed absurdly good. I am born into health and wealth and happiness. But lots of my enjoyment is the product of my own initiatives, mental attitudes and behaviours. how many kids born into absurd wealth just kill themselves with cocaine and sloth? many. How many kids born into desperation overcome and find happiness? many.

regardless i hold one thing to be universally true. The nature of our lives is far more determined by what we focus on than anything else. at this moment i could focus on an unlimited number of positive things in my experience, or on an unlimited number of negative things in my experience. I could focus on what i have, or what i dont have.

If i were to make a list of the good things in this world, i would not be able to finish it before i died.

if i were to make a list of the bad things in this world, i would not be able to finish it before i died.

Therefore, my day to day happiness is more determined by what parts of my experience i focus my attention on  than by what is actually in my experience.

Simple example: im walking to school. as i go on a daily basis to school, i pass down and out beggars lieing on the street. I see people with sad, depressed or defeated looks on their faces. i see evidence of suffering and poverty. maybe my feet hurt. maybe i woke up with a zit.

I also pass vibrant, green trees illuminated by the radiant ball of light called the sun which for no apparent reason sustains all life on this planet. i pass smiling children. I walk under a clear blue sky whose size and beauty staggers understanding.

I read the morning newspaper. I see that more rowandans have been massacerd. I see that north korea has agreed to disarm their nukes. I see a story about a woman raped and left a vegetable. I see a story about the miraculous recovery of a paralyzed boy who medical sceince said would never walk again.

I sit alone in my house. I could focus on the fact that im alone, with no friends to party with, or i could focus on the fact that i HAVE A HOUSE.

i could focus on the fact that i will die, or the fact that i am now alive.

etc, etc, etc.

If you see a world full of povery, sickness, despair and meaningless suffering, that says more about you than it does about the world.

do yourself a favour.

turn your eyes to the light.

:heart:

"all the problems you see are simply imagined, stop imagining them and they dissapear. "

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Moonshoe (09/26/05 01:57 PM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4714711 - 09/26/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

all the problems you see are simply imagined, stop imagining them and they dissapear
uh, veto

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4714784 - 09/26/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is why I prefer open source software.

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4715872 - 09/26/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
So you're saying that God (designer) was inexperienced and that's why he fucked up so much? Alright...

my dad insists thats the case

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Stoopid Design [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4715989 - 09/26/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

biggest problem is that intelligent design wasnt how it happened, (imo) the universal consciousness realized it could use animals and has worked with them to learn about our world, we werent designed, we came from the genetic defects of animals

most of the stuff you pointed out was used in earlier times in history (cept the lymph nodes, but they help fight off colds and waht not)

if god created us all yesterday, then yes you would be right, but thats just not how it happened

and if you remember correctly, every male is a defect of the female, but that defect allows us to reproduce, cant tell me thats a bad thing.... or maybe it is, somedays i wonder

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Offlineqhr0me
o = oo
Loc: sun diego, ca
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: TheGus]
    #4716051 - 09/26/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheGus said:
biggest problem is that intelligent design wasnt how it happened

no one can prove that yet, but what the hell, these threads move so fast, i'm reposting mc hawking's opinion on intelligent designers  :smile:

Fuck The Creationists ps: grounds from banning the hawkman from the shroomery!-)

Trash Talk
Ah yeah, here we go again!
Damn! This is some funky shit that I be laying down on your ass.
This one goes out to all my homeys working in the field of evolutionary science.
Check it!

Verse 1
Fuck the damn creationists, those bunch of dumb-ass bitches,
every time I think of them my trigger finger itches.
They want to have their bullshit taught in public class,
Stephen J. Gould should put his foot right up their ass.
Noah and his ark, Adam and his Eve,
straight up fairy stories even children don't believe.
I'm not saying there's no god, that's not for me to say,
all I'm saying is the Earth was not made in a day.

Chorus
Fuck, fuck, fuck,
fuck the Creationists.

Trash Talk
Break it down.
Ah damn, this is a funky jam!
I'm about ready to kick this bitch back in.
Check it.

Verse 2
Fuck the damn creationists I say it with authority,
because kicking their punk asses be my paramount priority.
Them wack-ass bitches say, "evolution's just a theory",
they best step off, them brainless fools, I'll give them cause to fear me.
The cosmos is expanding every second, every day,
but their minds are shrinking as they close their eyes and pray.
They call their bullshit science like the word could give them cred,
if them bitches be scientists then cap me in the head.

Chorus

Trash Talk
Bass!
Bring that shit in!
Ah yeah, that's right, fuck them all motherfuckers.
Fucking punk ass creationists trying to set scientific thought back 400 years.
Fuck that!
If them superstitious motherfuckers want to have that kind of party,
I'm going to put my dick in the mashed potatoes.
Fucking creationists.
Fuck them.

read all about hawkman's dark rap theory at his crib!-)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Deviate]
    #4716111 - 09/26/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

imagine how the earth would be if all human beings walked the earth in the state of consciousness of jesus chrirst. you would see a completely different world

I would still see a world where the other animals, presumably by God's design, suffer unspeakably and die horribly from disease and predation, and I would see Bertrand Russel's tapeworm adding to their hapless misery.

Or do you think all these things would vanish and the world would be all meadows and bunnies if we all "raise our consciousness"?

And as for the Jesus Christ part, are you telling Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and others that their's is a fake God and only yours (Jesus) can lead us to "find self existent bliss"? :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: ParanoidAndroid]
    #4716852 - 09/26/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ParanoidAndroid said:
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I love the church of the flying spaghetti monster... i wonder if they're really going to go to court to get the Kansas school board to teach Flying Spaghetti Monster origin alongside intelligent design and evolution...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4717090 - 09/26/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know, sometimes i think it was either the modulor system, or the fibonacci sequence... you know, some kind of universal mathematical spiral, spawned by the infinite nature of the universe, i.e. god, you know, its source, its causal event. In any event, it was caused by some previous event. So it was kind of "created" out of some other event, for some other "reason".

Stoopid design, is like, the levi and channel system in new orleans.

Supposedly the apendix is used to filter like dirt or something? What if NEw orleans had a big appendix, that instead of sending the silt out into the ocean, it re absorbed the soil into matter, and re inforced the foundation of the city?

OfflineDeviate
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4717590 - 09/26/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"I would still see a world where the other animals, presumably by God's design, suffer unspeakably and die horribly from disease and predation, and I would see Bertrand Russel's tapeworm adding to their hapless misery."

the animals i've observed in the wild don't seem unhappy at all. the sqirrell doesn't fret about finding nuts, it simply goes out and finds nuts. if it gets eaten by something then oh well, it accepts it.

"Or do you think all these things would vanish and the world would be all meadows and bunnies if we all "raise our consciousness"?"

do i think nothing would die? no.

"And as for the Jesus Christ part, are you telling Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and others that their's is a fake God and only yours (Jesus) can lead us to "find self existent bliss"?"

where did you get that idea? buddha and the rest had raised their consciousness as well. i just used jesus christ as an example of someone who had. now imagine if all people were as compassionate as buddha.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4719526 - 09/27/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Something that detracts from the end product.

The whole point, I think, is that there is no end product. You assume that cause and effect is going to fall some perfect transition to the ideal that you yourself created (based in what? :confused:). The fact that we have wisdom teeth that cause the effects they do might be viewed as an evolutionary advantage in that it brought our conscious focus to the need for dentistry and rose awareness of the fact that we need to care and respond to our body. :lol:

Has the presence of lukemia advanced our medical technology in any way, benefiting our species and its survival by giving us more ability to medically treat our body? :smirk:

I'm glad that you feel enlightened enough to automatically assume what the purpose of every aspect of our existance is, and to then declare what the ultimate end result of it is, but I'm going to note the fact that we are continously evolving and becoming increasingly aware of the vast environment which we exist within and are an aspect of, and that the fact that there is constant change that is being undergone leaves the "end result" as absolutely uncertain. Quantam mechanics certainly brought awareness to the fact that we are bound by uncertainity. :wink:

Quote:

Shortcomings in the 'design' of human DNA transcription puts children with leukemia in the hospital to await a horrifically painful death with little hope for a cure.

This is a mistake in my book.  :thumbdown:

I consider it to be a positive benefit for our species and its survival. :thumbup:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4719934 - 09/27/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What the thinker thinks, the prover proves.
Try thinking other thoughts. Try and change your belief system, if you have one, seems yours is pretty thick! :blush:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: Zero7a1]
    #4721829 - 09/27/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Supposedly the apendix is used to filter like dirt or something?

The appendix is considered to have no function by most scientists. It's interactions with the endocrine system, if it has any at all, is insignificant and redundant.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4721860 - 09/27/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The fact that we have wisdom teeth that cause the effects they do might be viewed as an evolutionary advantage

That argument doesn't hold up. If there was a designer, why all the intermediate steps, remnants of which cause problems later on. That's a stoopid design in the same way software that leaves pollution in your Windows registry and file system after you uninstall it is a stoopid design.

An Intelligent Design would be to create the end product, human, all set and ready to go or to make each subsequent version fully free of its predecessor's shortcomings. Surely, a Designer capable of creating a universe could have done this and in so doing spared children from suffering and dieing of leukemia.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (09/27/05 07:32 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Stoopid Design [Re: mecreateme]
    #4721874 - 09/27/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Try and change your belief system

I'd be happy to if you gave me a rational argument for doing so.

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4721935 - 09/27/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Try and change your belief system

I'd be happy to if you gave me a rational argument for doing so.

I think what he means to say is that you don't think like him, so you need a little correcting.
:rofl2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order