Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: EvilGir]
    #1570060 - 05/22/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"The thing is, we could really be living in a matrix-type world and we wouldn't know it."

you know that the matrix is a metaphor, and a reference to buddhism right?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1570080 - 05/22/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For sure the matrix is a metaphor. Why buddhism though? I was thinking along the lines that it is a metaphor for the materialist culture.

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: Revelation]
    #1570171 - 05/22/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking more of a buddism meets science its like this. We are just in a dream world we have created by our own minds which is based on an interpritation of inside a blackhole which we are trapped in. I think the key to escape this trapp is technology and there is a cycle of if we dont find a way out this centuary the whole population of the human race will be destroyed and we all have to start from the beginning like climbing the karmic ladder from insect to fish to mammel until we have another civilisation to create a technology to aid us to escape. Juts one thing how do you know there wasent another civilisation like ours over 1 million years ago they could of even been more advanced.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1570230 - 05/22/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't we find traces of them?

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1570328 - 05/22/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not just buddhism, christianity, and many more!

if you don't believe me, or can't see it, go to the philosiphical section at the website: www.whatisthematrix.com

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1570422 - 05/22/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, neo represents the christ figure, but the actual "matrix" is strictly buddhism.

i.e. we live in a sensory fantasy world in which our sensory selves are all an illusion.

crazy indians......what will they come up with next?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1570491 - 05/22/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

as for drugs, there is a scene with a hookah...

also, I think that the analysis that started this thread is premised on the "matrix within the matrix" theory because why wouldn't the machines just kill neo'x real body? just flush him, instead of wipe his mind.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: Malachi]
    #1570604 - 05/22/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They wouldn't kill him because they need him to keep the rest of the humans alive.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1571728 - 05/23/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

why would the survival of the other humans depend on neo's survival?

as for the matrix being a buddhist metaphor, the idea of a transcendent realm can be found in any religion, from both pantheistic and monotheistic, and in plato's philosophy. it's not confined to a particular tradition.

running with the buddhist interpretation though, would the matrix be zen or world-denying?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1571729 - 05/23/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe the architect is just another product of the matrix, trying desperately to con Neo into destroying himself and Zion.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: Malachi]
    #1571865 - 05/23/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Im not thinking of the scene with the hookah, or when the mention mescaline (the only way to fly, as they put it?)

Im talking about how they talk about love in many scenes and cake scene.
Causality

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1573591 - 05/23/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I guess I didn't understand the whole causality thing in the movie. Could you possably get some more text of the Matrix Reloaded that was about causality?

I would, but you allready know where to find it. :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1577027 - 05/25/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just got back from seeing this movie and I came up with the theory that all "realities" we've seen in these movies are matrix-like setups built by MEN to keep the machines at bay.... like sometime in the future the machines started getting out of hand, but we pulled this matrix out on them and fooled them into thinking that THEY were taking over, just to keep them from doing any real damage - kind of like what they believe they're doing to us in the matrix...  I don't know if that's how it will really unfold but I thought it was an interesting idea heh.. all of these people could not exist at all :wink: Neo is "The One," the one function/program/plugin or whatever that keeps the machines from realizing that they are still fighting in a virtual world.

But that's just one take.... as for how I think it will really be - I think you guys are on the right track when you say that the scene where Neo stopped the sentinals was a sign that they are in another matrix - he WILL destroy ZION as the Architect said - what the architect didn't mention was that this could be very bad news for the Architect because without Zion all the people who at least THINK they're awake and have broken into this other level of the matrix in the past can attempt to cause problems now in the "main" matrix, where most people are wired into..

once again, though, that's just another take :wink: I don't think it will be disappointing :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1582382 - 05/27/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
(the mother and father of the Matrix, according to Reloaded)

Id have to disagree and say that the oracle wasn't the mother of the matrix, she herself was a program hacking a program. im probilby wrong here. She could be another source of control?

Quote:
Considering the Architect was the one that said that, I don't think it is up for debate.

nope... the architect didnt say it... and thats what has been fucking with my mind this whole time... is the oracle the mother of the matrix, or not? remember that the architect only talks about a "lesser mind" a "more intuitive", etc. but never says its actually the oracle... in response neo asks "the oracle?" and the architect only says "please!"... in a weird kind of ironic way... which kind of makes me doubt if the oracle is really the mother of the matrix and is doing everything she does (givin all those clues and prophecies) in order to help the architect de-bug the matrix whith every time it is reloaded... or if the oracle is actually some kind of program that doesnt play with the system... this second option is the one that teases me the most, because that would imply that she actually could be right about neo beeing the one (and all the ones that come before him)... and this could translate into neos ability to control the real world...

also, im not quite sure the other "ones" that came before keaneo didnt have two choices... i actually think they did... except that the door to the left didnt include the existance of a loved being (in this case trinity)... but simply involved going back to the matrix causing the destruction of zion and the death of all mankind...

but i definitely like the idea of zion beeing a place for the people that dont accept the matrix... whew it is actually quite a pickle hehehe... now i understand why the wachowsky brothers wanted to bring out revolutions only a month and a half after reloaded... this movie is so confusing that you NEED the third part to understand... damnit warner brothers why did they have to schedule revolutions for november??? only to make money... but well... either way, we will see in the third part... i can hardly wait...

--------------------

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: In(di)go]
    #1596848 - 05/31/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

humans like to label things.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineHATU
Gonzo Reporter

Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: shr00m]
    #1613874 - 06/06/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Too true.

OfflineLinus
Chief Bromden
 User Gallery

Loc: Cripple Creek
    #16096169 - 04/16/12 02:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Cool post, I forget so much about these but wanna watch it all again now.

--------------------
I've done a lot of drugs in the past, I still do.

Abracadabra

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: Linus]
    #16096305 - 04/16/12 04:26 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

In the interest of being concise, isn't it easier to say that if all we say and do can be used against us, then how we proceed to resolve conflict is what shapes the conditions of our individual or group futures. Neo and gang choose violence.

Edited by Buster_Brown (04/16/12 04:28 AM)

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Matrix Reloaded True Meaning/ Transcript of Neo/Architect [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16096781 - 04/16/12 09:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

More an interesting story on how much free will do we have anyway and how real is our "reality"? with lots of expensive SFX and splosions shoehorned in.

--------------------

InvisibleWhite Beard

#16096901 - 04/16/12 09:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What about the third choice: Kill the Architect.
It seems like the obvious choice for me :confused:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom