Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
**SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!!
    #3826082 - 02/24/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 28 days ago)

Maybe I am just STOOOOOPID, or just a fool to have never had a realization of this before just NOW, and how Profound this actually is....  Maybe it is just lost in the confusion of life itself....  All of life's distractions make this somewhat OBVIOUS point to PROOF that Jesus Christ himself DID actually walk this earth....  Believe it or not....?

I am not "religious" in my thinking, but I may have to completely reconsider after observing this very simple fact....

Jesus had NOTHING to do with time or it's recording of time, nor the calendar that I know of....  Right....?

But, it is now Feb-24-2005 A.D.

How could it POSSIBLY be "just a coincodence" that mankind decided to start record "official" time at the time of Jesus Christ's death....????????????    And it is not just one nation of people, it is a global thing - as far as I *know*....

::::::deep chills from the epicenter of my being as I type this:::::

:eek: Do you feel the chills too as you read this....?    :eek:

Has anyone ever noticed this as being a form of "proof"....???????????

I am gonna~ need some time to think this thru and digest, and I am going to be interested to see what the people that choose not to believe come up with, but I think right now, I have NO OTHER LOGICAL CHOICE but to believe WITHOUT DOUBT THAT Jesus Christ was here....   

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE discuss....

:heart:    :confused:  :sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3826133 - 02/24/05 03:28 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I had a friend names Jesus. His last name was not christ though, and he did not restart time.

I am not saying it doesnt, but I honestly do not know where it states that Jesus was on earth at the crossing between AD and BC.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: tak]
    #3826146 - 02/24/05 03:42 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The only problem with that is that A.D. doesn't stand for after death, it stands for Anno Domini which is latin for "year of our lord" And at the time they didn't call it 1 A.D. the calender year. It wasn't until about 800 A.D. that they went back and desided when 1 A.D. was.

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: discoabe]
    #3826148 - 02/24/05 03:43 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Oh and most scholars don't deny that Jesus was a real person, the argument comes from whether he was the son of God or not.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: discoabe]
    #3826198 - 02/24/05 04:58 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

It would be interesting though if Jesus never existed. Kind of like Big Brother in 1984, a mythological figure created and kept alive to focus society.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3826259 - 02/24/05 05:35 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

**SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....

Survival of the Crucifixion: Traditions of Jesus within Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism
He was born in 6 A.D. though, so i believe ....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: MAIA]
    #3826307 - 02/24/05 06:11 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Gregorian's are cute, (were) :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: Gomp]
    #3826336 - 02/24/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The year was retroactively determined to be 532 by Dionysius Exiguus in the year that was at the time refered to as 248, counting from the reign of the Roman emporer Diocletian.
The modern Gregorian calander (what we use) was established in 1582. Among other changes, they skipped 10 days, so the day after Oct. 4, 1582 was Oct. 15, 1582.

The Gregorian calandar is a standard for our culture and for international commerce and law. This is because it's a good, unambiguous, solar calander, and more importantly because Europe pretty much conquered or colonised the entire world by the early 20th century.

There are other calanders still in use.
The Islamic calander is a pure lunar calandar. This has the result that the various months are not associated with seasons.
The Chinese calandar works through a cycle of years, with no particular year or cycle designated as the begining, or year '1'.

In any case, it's now the year 2005 because the years were set down by the Catholic church in the hight of its power, not because we actually count from the date of Jesus's birth/death.

Edit: forgot link. Most of the above facts can be found here:
http://astro.nmsu.edu/~lhuber/leaphist.html

Edited by phi1618 (02/24/05 06:33 AM)

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: phi1618]
    #3826419 - 02/24/05 07:38 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Well, I don't think people deny there was someone named Jesus walking this earth about that time. The same there was Buddha. That a human being can have such an impact on the world and the entire mankind, now that's baffling! That people go as far as to deny him the human condition he was born into, that's baffling and confusing. If the catholic church was to develop a great and inspiring religion, I think they should say: Jesus was a man, just like you and me. Look at all that he achieved. It means you can also do the same. Maybe you can even do better...

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: a_h_w]
    #3826451 - 02/24/05 07:50 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Yes i agree, this is the message that christianity should be putting our there, not that he was some supreme being, but that he was a human being .  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3826479 - 02/24/05 08:06 AM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Well I wouldn't say "mankind" decided to make the calender AD and start with the birth of Jesus. The church itself came up with the idea, long after the first century, and put it into place. This is evidence created by a group which already believes, to provide proof for their belief. :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3827848 - 02/24/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

The year Anno Domine 2005 is the year 5765 in the Hebrew Calendar, so the year for Y'shua ben Miriam (Iesus, son of Mary) was about 3760 by the Hebrew calendar. We use the Julian calendar recalibrated so-to-speak, to make the 'Year of Our Lord- (Latin: Anno Domine  - A.D.) 2005. Of course, Jews use the appelation 'C.E.' (Common Era) since Jesus is not recognized as 'Lord,' and Muslims use a lunar calendar. 2005 is a conventional usage on a global scale.

December 25th is the birthday of Attis, Mithras, Dionysus and some other deities of antiquity to mark the winter solstice and the return of the Sun (or 'Son' in Christian terms) and is not a historical event any more than someone from the 'Bethlehem Gazette' was taking notes on the legendary Persian Mages Balthazor, Melchior and Gaspar carrying gifts to the Christ child under an astronomical anomaly over the city. The 'quest for the historical Jesus' has been going on for quite some time. 1st century Jerusalem is about 25 feet beneath the current streets of Jerusalem.

Since there is no such thing as 'absolute time,' the marking of it on Earth has been named after beings of mythic proportion. The days of the week are numbered as seven - the days in the Genesis account (the Hebrews had earlier sources) - but they are named after pagan deities/planetary spirits: Moonday, Tuesday from Tiw, Viking god of war, Wednesday from the Viking god Wotan, Thursday from the Viking thunder god Thor, Friday, another Nordic goddess Freya - a Viking Venus, Saturday from Saturn in the Roman pantheon, and Sunday.

The appearance of time can only really be relegated to the Big Bang some 15 billion years ago, plus or minus a few billion sidereal Earth years in measure. According to some persuasive arguments, prior to the Big Bang, there was only GOD :wink:

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (02/24/05 08:09 PM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3829349 - 02/24/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Thank you all very much for responding, and I do hope more respond to this thread to share in their understanding of this topic, and personal beliefs....  :heart:

MAIA, and phi1618, thank you for the links, I will be checking those out to learn more about this....  As it would seem I have made an error out of my ignorance, and it was not as profound as I had originally thought.... 

As I was raised Catholic, I am almost positive that I was "learned" that:
A.D. = After Death, and
B.C. = Before Christ....

I never tested it, and I had not thought about it till last night.... 

Markos, you seem to have a wealth of information up in that noggin of yours, and I am always eager to read your very descriptive ideas and beliefs.... 

I learned about something today from a wise friend about the shortest sentence (least amount of letters), and how profound the meaning of those words can be as it is actually applied to life, but was not intended to be a simple sentence, as it is a "name"....

I AM....

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3829716 - 02/24/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Your realization is no less profound.  :eek:

Time was reset by the church to acknowledge the central event of history. From the first moment of creation everything which happened was leading up to and anticipating the incarnation of God in the person of Christ, who was both truly God and truly man. Since then all of history reflects back on this merging of the divine and created realms, the coincidence of time and eternity, this unity of infinite and finite, in the one person Jesus. Any sane person who came to understand the significance of this event would adjust his counting of time to make the incarnation the central point.

Those who reject Christianity usually do not grasp the significance of the incarnation. Jesus was not just a man; he was not God just pretending to be a man. He was and still is both fully God and fully man. This only appears impossible to one trapped in duality.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3830060 - 02/24/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

:smile:  Hello Dan,

Where does the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost) fit into this....?  I do remember the "Trinity", is the Holy Ghost the link between God and human flesh in Christianity....? 

I have also been curious of the "Fish Symbol" that looks like the broken symbol for Infinity (a sideways "8"...)    I see it on the backs of a lot of cars, and looked for it on the internet, but I don't even know what the symbol is called to look it up.....?    I can think of a lot of different "creative" meanings for this, but I would like to know the intended meaning and origin....    :smile:

--------------------

>^;;^<

Offlinemxdrk
searching forsomething
 User Gallery
Loc: Louisiana, USA
    #3830186 - 02/24/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I was raised Lutheran and now I have a strange concept of who God is, I do believe that there is a god. The Holy Spirit was according to the Bible a spirit that God sent down to earth to be with us and share his presence. I think that this happened at Pentecost in which "Tongues of fire" came above the disciples or something like that. They then knew alota foreign languages. I know this wasn't addressed to me.
AS for the fish I don't know what it is supposed to mean, but when Christians were persecuted 1 would draw half the fish in the sand with their toe and another christian would finish it to show that they were christian. Hope this helps

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3830249 - 02/24/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Hi Tomcat  :smile:

Questions about the Trinity are hard, and I don't want to answer incorrectly, so I will give you some links. 
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14597a.htm
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07409a.htm

The fish symbol:

Quote:

The symbol itself may have been suggested by the miraculous multification of the loaves and fishes or the repast of the seven Disciples, after the Resurrection, on the shore of the Sea of Galilee (John 21:9), but its popularity among Christians was due principally, it would seem, to the famous acrostic consisting of the initial letters of five Greek words forming the word for fish (Ichthys), which words briefly but clearly described the character of Christ and His claim to the worship of believers: Iesous Christos Theou Yios Soter, i.e. Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06083a.htm

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3830395 - 02/24/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

IXTHYOS or 'FISH' in Greek. The Iota (I) represented the first letter of the Greek Name 'Iesus' (as there is no 'J' in Greek). The Chi (Ch, written X in Greek) represented the 'X' (Chi) in CHristos (Christ). mxdrk pointed out the shibboleth of completing the fish symbol by two people making a sweeping arc in the sand, which would identify the secret members of 'The Way' (since the term 'Christian' was not yet in use.

The Age of Pisces is another aspect of the symbol. We are now passing into the Age of Aquarius astrologically speaking.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: shroomydan]
    #3830565 - 02/24/05 10:13 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I thoroughly enjoyed studying Christology and Heresiology in seminary. Both are like learning a game like Dungeons and Dragons. It is very important to realize that after Tertullian made up the tem 'Trinity,' he joined the heretical Montanist Christians and was deemed a heretic and excommunicated. Augustin wrote a two-volume set on the Trinity to define the doctrine. The most readable modern Christian Existentialist rendering of the Trinity that I have ever found (and one that was appreciated by my Lady's father, a Nigerian Muslim who, like most Muslims, never 'got' the doctrine) can be found in:
Principles of Christian Theology by John MacQuarrie. I've seen this in Borders Books and Music, but it was a textbook of mine in the seminary.

Even more importantly: Y'shua ben Miriam - Jesus, son of Mary - and all of His friends deemed Apostles, NEVER held a doctrine of Hypostasies or Persons in the Godhead. If anything, the radical monotheism of Judaism, symbolized by the Shema was what they knew and believed. "Hear O Israel, the LORD thy GOD, the LORD is ONE."

The idea that in Genesis, the author used a Feminine-ending Name that also suggests plurality (Elohim), has been a justification for the development of a paradox of Plurality-in-Unity, By the time of Solomon's Temple, GOD was depicted as Masculine-Feminine by the twin Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant, and by 30 foot long Cherubs in the Temple. YHVH-ASHERAH - Father-Mother - something like Shiva-Shakti, Karuna-Prajna in Hinduism and Buddhism respectively, or like many or most of Middle Eastern conceptions of Deity all the way down to the God-Goddess pair in modern Wicca.

Jesus sought to reform Judaism, if anything at all, and that meant a return to basics like the Shema. What 2nd century Church Fathers put upon Jesus, including the Hellenistic notion of a Hero (born of God and mortal woman), is just alien to Jewish thought. In fact, what the Hellenistic Gospel of John has done is to color the Synoptic Gospels with IT's influence. In Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus is the Messiah, Anointed (Christed) by GOD - which is radical enough, but in John, Jesus is 'GOD clothed in flesh' - VERY VERY different theological take, and again not Jewish but Hellenistic. The first take was held by Ebionite Christians - Jewish Christians. Gentiles eventually embraced the Johannine view since they were mostly Greek and their unconscious was filled with the mythic thinking of classic Hellenism. A Divine Hero fit right in. Being Divinely Anointed - Old Testament kings were all referred to as 'sons of GOD' - it was and is not a unique title UNLESS one re-defines it by John's Hellenistic theology.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: **SOLID PROOF** of Jesus Christ Walking This Earth.....!!? OMG....!!! [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3830644 - 02/24/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

from what I see it as, the holy ghost = god in christ, christ in us.

I do know that blasphemy of the holy spirit is the only sin that will never be forgiven.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale