Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Give us Barabus [Re: Icelander]
    #3966288 - 03/24/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Compared to how most reliqions are practiced I don't have a problem with satanism.

At least Satanism, as practiced by Crowley's followers, doesn't go on the offensive a la the Catholic Inquisition against anyone who doesn't agree with them.

And yeah, what's wrong with group sex?  :wink:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (03/25/05 10:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Christ on a Stick [Re: JCoke]
    #3966679 - 03/24/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Truth will never set Man free, only Doubt can bring freedom

:smile:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: TinTree]
    #3966766 - 03/24/05 09:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This thread needs a little LOVE LIGHT.....!    :wink:    :heartpump:

:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:
:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Or, perhaps a lot....  :grin:  It makes it nice, warm and cozy....  :heart:

COOoooooooooooooooooooooo...................

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3966788 - 03/24/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Jesu Christos.... another new TomCat username? You wacky schizo :lol:

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

DivineeMotive....

Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: TinTree]
    #3967218 - 03/24/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TinTree said:
Jesu Christos.... another new TomCat username? You wacky schizo :lol:

Ain't nuthin wrong with turnin a spicey "satanic" thread into a :sun:SOLARIUM:sun:....    It IS therapeutic....!    :smirk:  :grin:

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3967251 - 03/24/05 11:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3967269 - 03/24/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

is there such thing as good, evil, bad, etc? Or are they just ideas created by people to give some order to this "ocean of chaos". why is murder "bad"? Because it causes sadness? Why is that "bad"? I think the moral system is simply a way to improve the survival rate; that there is no such thing as good or bad.

this brings up another question though. why do living things want to survive/procreate?

DivineeMotive....

Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: fearfect]
    #3967303 - 03/24/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
why is murder "bad"?  Because it causes sadness?  Why is that "bad"?  I think the moral system is simply a way to improve the survival rate;  that there is no such thing as good or bad.
this brings up another question though.  why do living things want to survive/procreate?

Do you consider murder "good"....?    And do you plan on "procreating"....?

Without "the moral system", more than likely your mom would have been gang raped, gutted, and left drying in the sun covered with ants and fly larva, and you would have never been - if she would have survived to a childbearing age....  That is just a guess tho~, I personally think the moral system is a good thing, and I would not ever wish those things upon your family as I just said above - it was an example of "life without morals"....  ---Nice and StiNkY, like burnt death....
What do you think....?  :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblefearfect
    #3967331 - 03/24/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think you're playing into the game very well. No I don't consider murder "good" because if you read my post above, i said that I don't think there is such thing as good or bad; meaning things aren't good or bad, they just are. And also with your example of my mom getting gang raped and me never existing, that goes to prove my point of the moral system being in place and maintained by governments, or groups of people, to further the survival rate.

DivineeMotive....

#3967353 - 03/25/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:heart:

Sorry if I misread....    Procreation is a good thing, as well as the survival rate.... 
The LOVE of "Family" is a wonderful thing....  :smile:    And we are ALL family in one way or another....

--------------------

Invisiblefearfect
    #3967354 - 03/25/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i think religions were an early form of government. they set up a moral system which kept reasonable order throughout the society that they couldn't enforce otherwise. Threatening people with a divine being with more supposed power then anything else apparently scared them straight. Eventually religion separated from government and it still remains as a remnant in today's society where the government takes responsibility of maintaining order rather then GOD.

think egypt and the Pharoh. Its a great example.

Invisiblefearfect
    #3967361 - 03/25/05 12:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you're one of those hopeless, unreasonable optimists aren't you? I find it really difficult to hold debate with ... those kinds of people.

DivineeMotive....

#3967373 - 03/25/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You have to admit, government and religion will never truly seperate, at least in the states.... 
If it does, in my eyes it would loose all credibility....   

"In GOD we Trust"....  :wink:

--------------------

DivineeMotive....

#3967381 - 03/25/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
you're one of those hopeless, unreasonable optimists aren't you?  I find it really difficult to hold debate with ... those kinds of people.

:lol:  Yeah, the glass is all the way full, but all the way empty at the same time....    :grin:

Love to yaz~....    :heart:

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Christ on a stick [Re: insectvhore]
    #3967527 - 03/25/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

why is the thread called Christ on a Stick?

and: Good is what you like; Evil is what you dont like

so if what I like is to, say, be super nice all the time, and not indulge my carnal urges, and help old ladies across the street, and return lost wallets, and not steal even if I knew I couldn't get caught, etc.,? that's Good, then? Would I be shunned by my fellow satanists?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3967757 - 03/25/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
is there such thing as good, evil, bad, etc? Or are they just ideas created by people to give some order to this "ocean of chaos". why is murder "bad"? Because it causes sadness? Why is that "bad"? I think the moral system is simply a way to improve the survival rate; that there is no such thing as good or bad.

this brings up another question though. why do living things want to survive/procreate?

Thigs are good or bad if we say they are good or bad. A certain wavelenght of light is red if we say it is red, and it is a warm color if we feel warmer by looking at it.
It is pointless to go around saying: hey people, you have been programed, red is not red, it is just a certain wavelenght of light.
A lot of people are aware of the relativity of things outside human minds, but we are not living outside our minds, but in our minds.

We have invented morality for a purpuse. So why should we not follow it?

It's like saying that you don't have to follow street signs because they are relative and invented in human head. they are practival, and so is morality.

No matter how fabricated and fake morality is, the society still has the right to defend itself from those who hurt it. We can put people in jail to protect ourselfs.
Nobody is willing to stand there and be killed just because killing is not right or wrong.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Give us Barabus [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3968133 - 03/25/05 10:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

And whats wrong with group sex? :smile:

Takes away the magic and meaning, but then again casual sex does that too.

It doesn't have to. If you are with loving people it can work the same as if you are with your beloved. :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3968159 - 03/25/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's like saying that you don't have to follow street signs because they are relative and invented in human head. they are practival, and so is morality.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Morality is not a street sign. With that logic you could say drugs are illeagal, therefore you should not ever use them.

Morality is usually based on fear, and it's a tool to control people. You should know that.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Christ Sticks to the TRUTH..... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3968375 - 03/25/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Thigs are good or bad if we say they are good or bad. A certain wavelenght of light is red if we say it is red, and it is a warm color if we feel warmer by looking at it.
It is pointless to go around saying: hey people, you have been programed, red is not red, it is just a certain wavelenght of light.
A lot of people are aware of the relativity of things outside human minds, but we are not living outside our minds, but in our minds.

No matter how fabricated and fake morality is, the society still has the right to defend itself from those who hurt it. We can put people in jail to protect ourselfs.
Nobody is willing to stand there and be killed just because killing is not right or wrong.

i don't think that analogy works. we label the color red and assign it to a certain wavelength of light. That wavelength of light is very real and can be determined to be in the "red" category. My argument is that the thing which we label as good or bad, is not real. 'good' and 'bad' are just words; labels, that we are assigning to some concept. my argument is that the concept which we are assigning them to is fabricated.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Give us Barabus [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3968392 - 03/25/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe in your opinion group sex takes away the magic. For others it might be what the magic is all about.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom